Sponsored

Performance Pack Tires... done in under 6,700 miles...WTF?

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Im at 2500 miles on the PZeros for my 17 GT PP and im ready to change the tires. Im leaning towards the Michelin Super Sports. Can anyone advise me on if this is still a good choice or if there is another option out there that is better. My main issue is not being able to hook not matter what i try to do.
The contiExtremeSport is new and drawing rave reviews to the MPSS
Sponsored

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350,2015 f350 lariat,05 Acura rsx,19 gt 10r80 on order
I mean I typically don't push it too hard, but have a time or two. To be specific, I have the State Farm Drive Safe and Save chip in my car and my grades are as follows:

Left Turns: C-
Right Turns: C-
Acceleration: C+
Braking: C
Speed: B

So, certainly not A's, but I figure it's average from the perspective of my insurance company...
That's crazy as hell!!! Unfortunately my state requires insurance so in order for me to have it, I can't have a part of an onboard monitoring system. :doh: that would result in no insurance for ol Harley here

Brostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT-350 Oxford & LB
Has anyone tried 265/40 Firehawk Indy 500s on the PP fronts? I know 265 tires are the max for 9" wheels, but I'm looking for any available user feedback on fitment. As long as it doesn't bulge too much, I think it could be a good option - closer height to the rears and supposedly 2 lbs. lighter than the 255/40s.

Last edited:

Munkyman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
I'm in the same boat. Have a little over 10k miles and I already have new tires ready to go. Decided to go with the Firestone Firehawk Indy 500. Have a friend that bought these for his heavily modified BMW 335i and said he loves them.

Sponsored

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
get different tires and never look back at pirelli poop zeros. Youll be astonished how much better pilot super sports or EC Sport will be

Rypkr937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Coyote Premium
Mark me down for another who got about 7k out of their rears with zero burnouts and mostly spirited driving.

BootyNugget

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/ PP
Got my original P-Zeros replaced under warranty when the rears wore out at around 15k. (believe it or not) Granted, they were worn terribly unevenly, so the dealer performed an alignment as well. I opted to swap over to DWS 06s when they replaced them - they said no problem and footed the bill. I was very impressed.

I just replaced the fronts at 24k, also with DWS 06. Love the Conti's so far, though they don't quite grip as well as the old Pirelli tires. Makes sense though, since they're an all weather design and the rubber is far harder.

saf1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack
Has anyone tried 265/40 Firehawk Indy 500s on the PP fronts? I know 265 tires are the max for 9" wheels, but I'm looking for any available user feedback on fitment. As long as it doesn't bulge too much, I think it could be a good option - closer height to the rears and supposedly 2 lbs. lighter than the 255/40s.
I run the Firehawk Indy 500's on my 2015 GT/PP - stock tire size. They are great tires. I live in Northern Ca just outside Sacramento. Has you know we had a really wet winter. Anyway I replaced my original OEM tires around 21K like I mentioned a few pages back and picked these up.

I do not track my car (curve or straight) but I can say they feel better and there does not appear to be any loss of grip. In fact I would say back country road driving they feel better. They also handled stormy weather (heavy raid) very well. The car is my daily driver and I've never once felt like I didn't have control nor has the rear tried to slide out.

Note: I run with standard settings so all nanny stuff whatever that is, is on. The only thing I change from time to time is the steering wheel setting. They are pretty solid tires in my opinion at my level. Oh - freeway (few drives to the bay with these so far) they are also good.

Sponsored

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Got my original P-Zeros replaced under warranty when the rears wore out at around 15k. (believe it or not) Granted, they were worn terribly unevenly, so the dealer performed an alignment as well. I opted to swap over to DWS 06s when they replaced them - they said no problem and footed the bill. I was very impressed.

I just replaced the fronts at 24k, also with DWS 06. Love the Conti's so far, though they don't quite grip as well as the old Pirelli tires. Makes sense though, since they're an all weather design and the rubber is far harder.
The best my dealer will do is replace the tires at cost. There is no treadwear rating on them, so my dealer won't warranty them.

NDSP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP
I don't know if it has been mentioned. But the Performance Pack does have a torsion diff, and it will chew tires more in turns faster than the limited slip clutch style diff. So it is no surprise the rears are going in a hurry, even if you aren't doing burnouts from hell :).

5ABI VT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT

How many k do you have on them now? I got about 10k miles maybe 12 I have to dig up when I installed them and they are wearing to the cords. imo a performance all season is especially not a good idea on a heavy car. I had them on my e46 M3 for winters and they lasted 3 seasons. same alignment shoppe did the alignment for both cars. Ill post a pic shortly. Because I bought the tires from n4s motors in the states and I am in Canada I got the shaft from both on going through warranty (conti said deal with the shoppe you bought them from and n4s said deal with conti Canada :mad:). not too happy about the wear on them. 0 burnouts .. ever. post a pic shortly

5ABI VT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Here's my dws-06