Sponsored

You CAN log boost via your sct x4

Dennisn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
So I never knew you could log boost via the sct. I cannot believe you don't see more threads on it.

I finally got mine all hooked up and working as it should. Did take a few days on the phone with sct. Basically you use a map sensor and tie it into the FireWire cable and it converts the analog signal into a usable boost pid.

Now I know it's not for everybody but it'll be nice to see actual boost throughout the whole pass at the track. Especially when changing the boost setting on the boost controller. I'll know exactly how much boost it seeing.
Sponsored

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
So I never knew you could log boost via the sct. I cannot believe you don't see more threads on it.

I finally got mine all hooked up and working as it should. Did take a few days on the phone with sct. Basically you use a map sensor and tie it into the FireWire cable and it converts the analog signal into a usable boost pid.

Now I know it's not for everybody but it'll be nice to see actual boost throughout the whole pass at the track. Especially when changing the boost setting on the boost controller. I'll know exactly how much boost it seeing.
Can you show us what is needed and how to hook it up please ?

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I ordered the stuff to do this as well. I bought a cheap map sensor on eBay for 15 bucks and a 15 dollar fire wire cable from summit. I have not hooked mine up yet though. I need to figure out how to add the boost PID to my lund config file.

OP
OP

Dennisn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
The sensor part is pretty easy. I can tell you this the schematics for the FireWire cable show 5v on the white wire. It does not give you this, so if your sensor requires 5v to work I'd get a little convertor. I happen to have one laying around from my aeroforce gauges. That point the sensor was good to go and I could see my voltage change accordingly.

Here's the part I needed help with. To config the file I think it had to be hooked up in the car and I selected validate pids in order to see the analog FireWire on my list of pids to configure. You still need to go into tools in live link, then choose equations, Then enter in the correct equation for your sensor. I'm glad I happen to have mine that came with the sensor. Started logging and so far so good. Could only put it on the two step in the driveway but showed same 4 psi my eboost2 gauge was showing. Real test will be at the track and see how close it is to actual.

Sponsored

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
I'd love to see the wiring for this as well. I've been thinking about doing this for a while now.

OP
OP

Dennisn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
I'd love to see the wiring for this as well. I've been thinking about doing this for a while now.
Wiring could not be any easier. Your sensor output goes to the red or orange wire on the FireWire cable that plugs into your x4. Literally one wire that connects to your x4. Sensor will still need its voltage.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Anything put out the 5v that it needs that you can tap into? Or easier to use a voltage regulator and wire it to something else/battery?

OP
OP

Dennisn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
Anything put out the 5v that it needs that you can tap into? Or easier to use a voltage regulator and wire it to something else/battery?
I used a seperate 5v. Regulator. I think there's spots you can tap into but for as cheap as they are I kept it isolated. I just picked up a 3.5 bar sensor that uses 12v and doesn't require a 5v adapter. (2bars range wasn't enough). Matter fact if your under 15 lbs of boost I'll sell it to you cheap.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
I used a seperate 5v. Regulator. I think there's spots you can tap into but for as cheap as they are I kept it isolated. I just picked up a 3.5 bar sensor that uses 12v and doesn't require a 5v adapter. (2bars range wasn't enough). Matter fact if your under 15 lbs of boost I'll sell it to you cheap.
I'll probably see a max of 14 on this unless I go built. Currently at 10, about to go to 12.

Sponsored

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I just hooked mine up and I had 5 volts at the white wire on the cable connected to the SCT. I used a 3 Bar sensor from eBay and have my pid in my config file. The numbers I am getting don't look like boost numbers though. I used the canned formula for a 3 bar sensor. I think it may be wrong. Does yours show actual boost values?

OP
OP

Dennisn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
I had the formula that came with my sensor. It shows same boost as my other gauge.

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Do you have the formula for the 3bar map sensor? The formula below is in my log file.
IMG_2142.JPG

Last edited:

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I figured out my problem. The cheap map sensor I bought on eBay was not working correctly. It was either faulty or not a 3 bar sensor. I now have it hooked up and working and my sensor is getting the 5 volts from the fire wire hooked to the SCT.

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
What's the matter with the boost pressure display in the gauge function of the X4. When I datalog with the X4 I get the boost pressure there too. It is the same signal on the CAN bus the ECU used to control boost.
Sponsored