Sponsored

2015-17 Mustang GT Ford Performance Power Packs

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
This is FALSE. Flashed our owner's car and it displayed 12.3 volts the whole time. This thread is so full of shit
No need to be a that way. It happened to several people in the FP tune threads, and it happened to me both with the dealer and at home. Maybe there is a different threshold between the EB and the 5.0, regardless it happens so I wanted to give a heads up.

Also, here is directly from the manual from Ford, so maybe I misremembered and it was 12V not 13V but the point remains:

Make sure your vehicle’s battery is fully charged (at least 12.0 volts) and all accessories (radio, interior
fan, headlights, etc.) are off. Headlights on ‘auto’ will turn on during programming, so make sure the lights

are fully off. If you are unsure if your vehicle’s battery is fully charged, connect a battery charger prior to

beginning the programming process.
CAUTION: If your ProCal aborts programming due to low voltage or if the programming process is
interrupted for any reason, you can simply repeat the flash process, however, it may require 2

consecutive flash cycles to complete

Sponsored

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
Works fine on any computer (PC, Windows only AFAIK - mac doesn't work), but you need to be able to put the computer in/very near the car to hook it up to the port - the cable is only like 3ft long. When I did the procal on my EB this is the steps I followed:

1) open the box for the tune, get the paper with the website and code
2) go to ford website and make an account, enter the code when asked
3) download and install the procal software - it will ask to install a driver for the OBD port tool so make sure you click yes to this
4) go to the car, hook it up and let it populate the VIN
5) Now you can click the button to download the calibration file. Save it to a thumb drive if you want
6) remember/write down your login - you have to enter it in the procal software every time you run it anyways
7) took the laptop with the car, gave it to the techs and they hooked it all up
8) IMPORTANT - BATTERY MUST BE ON A CHARGER - if it falls below 13V the software stops the install! When I reflashed the updated tune later at home I used my friends car and jumper cables, worked great. The techs didn't know this so it failed 3-4 times before they actually called FP and were told to put it on a battery charger.
9) save the calibration files the program generates, these include your STOCK calibration if you need to go back for some reason. If I remember right they were saved in a folder in "My Documents".

As long as you have the code and the login you can use the software from any computer, but you WILL NOT have the original cal file for your factory calibration if you forget to save the one it initially generates the first time you flash it.

If you don't have a laptop, borrow one from a friend or family member. I don't think procal supports XP. You could use a laptop from the dealer as well, just make the login at home and bring a USB drive to store the files so you have them later if you need them. Maybe tape a note to it so you know to save it for that only. The code/cal file is tied to your VIN so you don't have to worry about anyone else using it, and you can download the cal files from any PC. The only thing you really need to save is the 1st time cal with your stock files.
Awesome info, thanks! When I spoke with FRPP he made it sound like going through the process would lock it in to the computer used. I probably misunderstood. I would normally assume that the cal files could be copied and stored but the way he spoke about licensing permissions made me a bit nervous. I do have a crappy old laptop running XP that has a weak battery. If the flash doesn't take too long it'll probably work. I could also bring a power inverter and the power cable for it just in case.

I did get steps 1-3 and 6 taken care of last night but didn't try hooking it up to he car. I thought about it, but figured since installing and running the program was successful that it would probably work.

So good news that the ProCal software is also compatible with Windows XP (at least so far...).

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Awesome info, thanks! When I spoke with FRPP he made it sound like going through the process would lock it in to the computer used. I probably misunderstood. I would normally assume that the cal files could be copied and stored but the way he spoke about licensing permissions made me a bit nervous. I do have a crappy old laptop running XP that has a weak battery. If the flash doesn't take too long it'll probably work. I could also bring a power inverter and the power cable for it just in case.

I did get steps 1-3 and 6 taken care of last night but didn't try hooking it up to he car. I thought about it, but figured since installing and running the program was successful that it would probably work.

So good news that the ProCal software is also compatible with Windows XP (at least so far...).
Cool deal, it usually takes like 15-20 minutes the first time (just get an extension cord if the battery dies fast). I used one laptop for the dealer and another to reflash the updated tune a few months later with no problem so it doesn't seem to be locked to one machine. As long as you have your login it should be fine.

347CobraII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Only reason for battery charge being used while programming because we "TECH'S" have no idea what condition battery is in. We have no idea if you was out there jamming out to radio and it barely started. Left something on draining battery some just we don't know. Then also radiator fans are running while programming too. You don't have to put charger on but it could abort programming and then have to start over. OR it puts foot print on computer, damages it and possible cause ghost codes.

Seen a lot over the years programming vehicles. Seen where programming dash computer if you didn't pull fuses for engine and while middle of programming it would drop out. While messed computer up having to replace it. Seen where you had to pull fuse for trans to programmed engine. It would program ok but didn't take (the changes being done)

mbeale68

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, base, perf pack, recaros, 5spd, guard
"Works fine on any computer (PC, Windows only AFAIK - mac doesn't work)..."

Incorrect, there is a Mac version of procal. I flashed my car using my MacBook Air.

Sponsored

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0

Incorrect, there is a Mac version of procal. I flashed my car using my MacBook Air.
I don't have a mac so I didn't know if it worked or not. Thats why I said as far as I know. Good to know it does work though.

curtsmith17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

Flashed mine with a mac as well.

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Anybody know where/how to get the PP2 for $570 (which was mentioned here in the forum)? Levittown (which I thought was the lowest price) would be $650 shipped. Thank you!

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Anybody know where/how to get the PP2 for $570 (which was mentioned here in the forum)? Levittown (which I thought was the lowest price) would be $650 shipped. Thank you!
Where did you see that price? That's lower than even I can buy them.

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt base manual 3.31
Just some info on the procal part of the power packs, if you did not register your device in advance and you had a shop do the install the tech will use their own email to register the product. This means that you will not have the ability to recalibrate your car on your own ever unless you go back to the tech who set up the account or you can get your stock tune on a thumb drive. If you have the stock tune then FRPP can make a new voucher for you to register using your own account information and you will be able to recalibrate when necessary. I have this problem currently and I would like to have the ability to recalibrate so I thought I would share what I was told. Basically they said to get the stock tuning on a flashdrive and then they will make a new voucher.

Sponsored

thet33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT/6MT/3.55
That was the pre-order price

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt base manual 3.31
Cool deal, it usually takes like 15-20 minutes the first time (just get an extension cord if the battery dies fast). I used one laptop for the dealer and another to reflash the updated tune a few months later with no problem so it doesn't seem to be locked to one machine. As long as you have your login it should be fine.
did you revert to stock tune and then reflash?

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Was a group buy last December from fordsvtparts when they were first offered.
Sponsored