Sponsored

2019 GT500 Mustang New Spy Video, Pics, Info

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
Super excited about the auto10/DCT either way! Every one of my previous high HP cars have been stick. Part of me will miss it but not the headaches associated with! Damn I feel old saying that!
Sponsored

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Mustang Community: The demon is irrelevant...drag racing is a one trick show and is only a small fraction of the cars overall capability

Also Mustang Community: It's gotta show up the Demon both in power and performance!

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
Mustang Community: The demon is irrelevant...drag racing is a one trick show and is only a small fraction of the cars overall capability

Also Mustang Community: It's gotta show up the Demon both in power and performance!
Lol so true.

The ZL1 is really the only GT500/ Hot Boss 2 competitor. Focus is on that vehicle based on spy pics as it should be.

That being said a drag pack, with suspension tuning and slicks might be interesting.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
patience Grasshopper

Even David Carodine would have gave up on it and went mad.

Sponsored

Sl13cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500

I think there's plenty of info out there to support the fact that the Demon is not a one-trick pony. Lots of Homers around here. Handles quite well, according to the reviews.

I would guess the handling is up there with a PP GT. But that's only a guess since I've never driven the thing or read any kind of comparison like that made.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I think there's plenty of info out there to support the fact that the Demon is not a one-trick pony. Lots of Homers around here. Handles quite well, according to the reviews.

I would guess the handling is up there with a PP GT. But that's only a guess since I've never driven the thing or read any kind of comparison like that made.
Please explain this. That is all it was built to do. Drag radials are not going to handle very well, which is the tire it comes with. Everything new about that car is tailored to make it launch hard and go fast in a straight line.

Sl13cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500
Please explain this. That is all it was built to do. Drag radials are not going to handle very well, which is the tire it comes with. Everything new about that car is tailored to make it launch hard and go fast in a straight line.
Here's one: http://www.allpar.com/reviews/dodge/demon.html

Yeah. Yeah. I know - Allpar.

But if you follow Patrick, you'd know he has no problem pointing out deficiencies in MOPAR products when he sees them.

cobra1320

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Cobra
I see where Ford has developed a water injection system for their turbo cars. This system gives our pulling tractors a big jump in hp. Hope to see it on a GT 500.

Sponsored

Sl13cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500
:lol:

:headbonk:
You fellas really think a GT PP is some sort of track car or something ?? Lol.

Don't hate. I drive Mustangs.

I'm just sayin', I don't think the thing is gonna handle as bad as you might think.

65Terdlingua

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang
I see where Ford has developed a water injection system for their turbo cars. This system gives our pulling tractors a big jump in hp. Hope to see it on a GT 500.
I think it said the patent was only just recently filed, and by Ford in Germany. It would be surprising to see it on something for 2018 in the US. But would be awesome tech to see on a halo car.

Stuntman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
I heard that a Hellcat turns a faster lap than a BMW M4 around Sebring (for 1 lap before losing its brakes, lol), but never the less, can turn "A" lap faster than an M4 is capable of.

StangFever2846

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1