Sponsored

Dealer is BSing me on pricing, what should i expect to pay?

Seatown Stang

HereWeGo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
im looking at pretty loaded GT premium and the dealer is telling me they only negotiate in "hundreds of dollars not thousands". hes claiming he can only knock about 600 off a 45,655 MSRP. after reading what some people are getting cars for under MSRP i wonder how much i should try to throw at him for an offer before i contact some out of state dealers. i really like the car but its a bit too expensive for me at that price. this is the car

http://www.tascafordberlin.com/new/...0a0e0ae828480609c3d9087c.htm?searchDepth=5:20
Yeah try another dealer. I picked up my nonPP '15 Premium GT (with Nav, 20's, and 3.55's) in June of 2016 for $34,950 when MSRP was $41,000.

Only thing I could think is that they are keeping it high because of the color...
Sponsored

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Cayman GTS, 15 Explorer Sport , 09 Honda Fit
I bought mine at Koons in Sterling VA , they don't like the Baltimore guys much :) . They gave me as good of a deal and are 5 miles from my house.

I paid $40,250 OTD ... Ruby Redy / 401A , PP , Nav, reverse sensing

smann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I bought mine in Toronto brand new '16.. Sticker price was $45K USD (fully loaded pp, recarcos), got it for 35K USD before taxes (13%). CAD to USD conversion was used.. not exact prices, point is I got a good deal!

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
im looking at pretty loaded GT premium and the dealer is telling me they only negotiate in "hundreds of dollars not thousands". hes claiming he can only knock about 600 off a 45,655 MSRP. after reading what some people are getting cars for under MSRP i wonder how much i should try to throw at him for an offer before i contact some out of state dealers. i really like the car but its a bit too expensive for me at that price. this is the car

http://www.tascafordberlin.com/new/...0a0e0ae828480609c3d9087c.htm?searchDepth=5:20
Dealers will do anything. I have a family member that works for a Honda dealer, and has for many years. Thought I could name drop and get a better deal on a used Honda, but instead I think the sales guy assumed that I would automatically buy the car there due to family ties, thinking I wouldn't question the deal. He said, "We'll get you a good deal". Um yeah. They quoted me higher than the listed internet price so I said, "Thanks I'll let you know" and never set foot in there again. If I had mentioned the internet price, it would have been $2k off of what he quoted me. I ended up buying an identically equipped vehicle off of a Hyundai lot for the price I wanted.

OP
OP

TurboMach1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
ended up paying 34.8K OTD. wouldve been 33.8k but i couldnt use my trade for the $1000 bonus trade from ford because the car was never registered to me.
Sponsored