Sponsored

Cold start w/sweet smell, white smoke, rough idle (Problem?)

OP
OP
K-Roll302

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT Premium, '80 Porsche 924 Turbo
OP
OP
K-Roll302

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
Update

They've found that coolant is leaking into cylinder #2, which caused my misfires and rough running on cold starts. But no idea where the leak is coming from at the moment.

Hopefully we'll know by the end of the week.

OP
OP
K-Roll302

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
I'm gonna call tomorrow and ask for an update. There's been another car getting engine work ahead of me, but I miss my car and the therapeutic driving joy that comes with it. :(

OP
OP
K-Roll302

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
UPDATE :D

The tech tore into my engine today and couldn't find the leak, so I'm getting a new cylinder head under warranty! I'm hopeful my Mustang will be good as new soon. :)

Sponsored

DUNDEM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base EB PP
The tech tore into my engine today and couldn't find the leak, so I'm getting a new cylinder head under warranty! I'm hopeful my Mustang will be good as new soon. :)
Awesome news! Happy for you.

OP
OP
K-Roll302

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
GETTING MY CAR BACK TODAY, VERY EXCITED!!:D

OP
OP
K-Roll302

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
So, it's been awhile, hows your car doing?

Hey, thanks for asking. She's doing great! Haven't had any problems since the cylinder head was replaced! Drives like it did before and I'm not afraid to enjoy it, as I do every day. Can't wait for spring! :love:

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'07 A4, '19 Ram Rebel

Hey, thanks for asking. She's doing great! Haven't had any problems since the cylinder head was replaced! Drives like it did before and I'm not afraid to enjoy it, as I do every day. Can't wait for spring! :love:
Glad she's doing well, and I can't wait for spring either, tired of this damn cold xD (At least you have snow there)

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang (Black)
This was like a good book! With a great ending. I cried, I laughed (at why you were driving it lol) and ended in a warranty. Sweet warranty.

Although deep down, there was 10% of you wanting to get that built motor, big turbo E85 setup..

OP
OP
K-Roll302

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
Glad she's doing well, and I can't wait for spring either, tired of this damn cold xD (At least you have snow there)
I'm tired of the snow and carrying 150lb of extra traction in the rear! I can't wait to give her a good polish and detail when March comes along. Haven't got any modifications I wanna do at the moment.

This was like a good book! With a great ending. I cried, I laughed (at why you were driving it lol) and ended in a warranty. Sweet warranty.

Although deep down, there was 10% of you wanting to get that built motor, big turbo E85 setup..
A great book with a happy ending indeed. This was my dream Mustang and I didn't want our story to end poorly or on a cliffhanger. Ironically, I would've driven my project 924 Turbo at the time, but it has a blown headgasket!

Deep down in an alternate reality, I would love to add port injection and get some stronger internals in there. I'm more than happy with where the car is at right now though! A fantastic daily driver and occasional track/AutoX fighter! If anything, I'll be going a bit further with the suspension and going from 255 to 275 or 285 tires.