Advancetrac and hill assist failure?

Shap00p33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
'16 ecoboost magnetic grey metallic
Hello all. Recently the service advancetrac and hill assist disabled lights have been coming up on my dashboard whenever I turn the wheel all the way to the passenger side. It goes away when I restart the car or drive it for a while but it happens often when backing into parking or turning right onto roads. Has anyone else had any issues with these systems like I am having? Or does anyone know a fix for this issue? Thanks!
Sponsored

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Ecoboost Base Auto w/ 19's
I saw Ash's car from Mustang Lifestyle having the service advancetrac light popping up due to an issue with the ABS sensor which had to be replaced.. I'd say just take it to the dealer dude.

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
What a coincidence it happened to me also yesterday but a little bit worst situation...

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83833

I see that you have an EcoBoost and I have a V6. I wonder what's up... I'll keep an eye on your thread to see what other people say. If you hear from Ford please post it. I'm curious. I just dropped my car off this morning too.

OP
OP

Shap00p33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
i recently put lowering springs on so im going to take the tires off and check the connections. if that doesnt help to the dealer i go.

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i recently put lowering springs on so im going to take the tires off and check the connections. if that doesnt help to the dealer i go.
My dealership recently (less than a week) changed both wheel bearing. They might have messed up a sensor too. I don't know... keep us updated. I'll post here what Ford will tell me if it can help you out.

Sponsored

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If that can help you. Here's what Ford told me:

Ford Update: Apparently my PCM took a sh** in it's face with interference somehow. They updated my PCM and reprogrammed it. After 10 miles to test drive and more tomorrow they're sure the car is working normally again.

OP
OP

Shap00p33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
i found this thread on another forum.

https:// www . svt performance . com /forums/threads/15-5-0-service-advancetrac-power-steering-failure-etc-dealership-blaming-tune.1117477/ just take the spaces out. it was blocking the link for some reason.

im going to take the front wheels off tomorrow to see if the sensor is loose or being pulled when turning and hopefully that will fix it. ill keep this post updated.

OP
OP

Shap00p33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
So heres a little update. I brought the car into ford and they said that the damage was caused by the installation of the lowering springs (my bad) and said they could fix it for $250! what?! this is a $20 plug in part that i ended up buying myself and replacing the faulty one. i haven't had any issues since.

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
So heres a little update. I brought the car into ford and they said that the damage was caused by the installation of the lowering springs (my bad) and said they could fix it for $250! what?! this is a $20 plug in part that i ended up buying myself and replacing the faulty one. i haven't had any issues since.
What part did you buy and replace? This sounds like what my car is doing. Im planning to take in to the dealership tomorrow but I'm afraid they'll blame it on the lowering as well. :frusty:
Sponsored