2018 Australia

4stanger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garry
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang Fastback Race Red
Now that MY18 EU (AU, should be very close to that, like before) Mustang details have been leaked, we can look forward to a very well specked car. Goodies like, more HP, Digital dash,active quad exhaust,collision mitigation, lane assist, Tri-bar DRLs,Led headlights,hood vents etc, will be standard. It will be interesting to see if we get Adaptive cruise/magnetic ride as an option, like EU.
Are we (Australia) going to get the line lock option on the MY18?

Just because the rest of the world gets these things, doesn't necessarily means Australia gets it.
It will be interesting to see if we get the noisy exhaust or not.
Sponsored

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Are we (Australia) going to get the line lock option on the MY18?

Just because the rest of the world gets these things, doesn't necessarily means Australia gets it.
It will be interesting to see if we get the noisy exhaust or not.
If AMG and many other euro sports cars,sold here, can have noisy Bi-modal exhaust, so can the Mustang. MY17 is virtually EU/UK spec. So why should that change?

4stanger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garry
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang Fastback Race Red
Do EU/UK cars get line lock? Also, if we do get BI-modal, it might be a bit tamer. But still quad pipes.
Every GT S550 in the world gets line lock, yes even New Zealand and there Mustangs are on the same boat as ours :headbonk:.
IMHO, for Ford Australia, it had something to do with the "Hoon Image" it would portray, through the media and copping government, public complaints, giving it a poor image.

Its good fun speculating what we might get, but very frustrating for what we don't end up getting because of some silly decisions being made what is right for us.
Just because Europe, New Zealand, India, Philippines etc. gets this and gets that, doesn't necessarily mean we (Australia) will get it. As proven with the Line Lock situation.:)

Sponsored

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Every GT S550 in the world gets line lock, yes even New Zealand and there Mustangs are on the same boat as ours :headbonk:.
IMHO, for Ford Australia, it had something to do with the "Hoon Image" it would portray, through the media and copping government, public complaints, giving it a poor image.

Its good fun speculating what we might get, but very frustrating for what we don't end up getting because of some silly decisions being made what is right for us.
Just because Europe, New Zealand, India, Philippines etc. gets this and gets that, doesn't necessarily mean we (Australia) will get it. As proven with the Line Lock situation.:) I wasn't even thinking line lock. Interest factor O. It's easy to enable/disable any way. But hey, if you don't go drag racing ,who needs it? Any rwd car with line lock can do a burnout. Woopeee. But seriously, we won't get exactly what EU/UK get. But it will be worthwhile, over what we have now.
I wasn't even thinking line-lock. Interest factor, 0. Easy to enable anyway, i believe. If you don't go drag racing, who cares? Any rwd with line lock can do a burnout. But seriously, we won't get exactly what EU/UK get. But it will be worthwhile, over MY16/17.

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
I'm just wondering if the rear applique between the tail lights will fit our MY16/17 cars? I'm thinking of getting the GT one when available.

GandF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX
Sooo mid October and still not even a whisper regarding the 2018 in Aus..

Frostee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
Sooo mid October and still not even a whisper regarding the 2018 in Aus..
I asked Ford Australia on Facebook when we can expect AU spec and pricing. They replied that they don’t expect to see the 2018 update here until late next year, and that they didn’t expect to have any additional details about the model for AU until early next year.

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible 5 Litre V8
I wasn't even thinking line-lock. Interest factor, 0. Easy to enable anyway, i believe. If you don't go drag racing, who cares? Any rwd with line lock can do a burnout. But seriously, we won't get exactly what EU/UK get. But it will be worthwhile, over MY16/17.
Depends on definition of "worthwhile".
Heard on US website a loaded GT may run to $50k USD there.
That's $63 k here
Add LCT, Stamp duty, Delivery fee, GST, shipping and sundry other costs I potentially see it topping out around $75 k. Reckon you could probably squeeze driveaway deal on new 17 GT out of a Victorian dealer for close to $50 k.

Manufacturing RHD and transport lag times - I still think 2019 first Quarter might be date.

Sponsored

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Model GT Fastback Oxford White Auto
Just a Theory

I agree, I don't think they will be on the roads here before 2019.

My rationale being that they would want the same time period around the globe from the introduction of one model to the next, whether that is 4 or 5 years.
For example they don't want to release a car in the US in 2015 with a new version in the US in say 2018 and that same car being released in Australia in 2016 and the new one 24 months later in Australia in 2018. It kills the sales of the first model, annoys the early adopters and kills re-sale value too quickly.

So in the US they got their first S550 models in late 2014.
The US will get their first 2018 models in late 2017 early 2018. So a 3 year difference
We got our first S550 models in early 2016, so we might not get our 2018 models until early 2019!!!
Just a theory, but maybe that's why we are getting zero info from Ford, and IMHO, don't expect that to change anytime soon.
Year error corrected, thanks RSPEC

Last edited:

GandF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX
If thats the case then im definately pulling my deposit.

RS3 here we come!

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
How's everyone doing? :thumbsup:

Egghead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Vehicle Showcase

Just because Europe, New Zealand, India, Philippines etc. gets this and gets that, doesn't necessarily mean we (Australia) will get it. As proven with the Line Lock situation.:)
Further to that , the Australian ad doesn't help the cause ! Making out we all like too put the foot down!! The nannys love that shit , IE hoon laws
Sponsored