Sponsored

2015 50 yr appearance package AND performance package question

gearhead992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
considering my 3rd Mustang now...
i've searched > http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8537&page=13
and still have not been able to find an answer...

I am thinking about eventually picking up a 2015 Mustang GT premium with the 50th anniversary appearance package & performance package. It appears that appearance package equipped cars must include the premium package too. When the performance package is added, do you get the SAME staggered wheels (wider rear) from the Limited Edition car? The perfomance package cars are all equipped with the wider wheels - I would assume the wide wheels would carry through to any performance package equipped Mustang GT.

any insight is appreciated!

Thanks.
Sponsored

OP
OP

gearhead992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
disregard...found this note in the 2015 ordering guide: "50 Years Appearance Package - NOTE: 50 Years wheels (19 X 8.5) replaced by Performance Pkg. wheels when ordered with 67G (GT Performance Package)."

Damn. I love everything about the Limited Edition cars...I'm a bit apprehensive about the light colored cashmere seats, however. I was hoping the 50 Years Appearance Package cars WITH GT Performance Package would get the wide 19 X 9 & 19 X 9.5 wheels from the Limited Edition. No luck there...I'll have to deal with the light colored seats one day!

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
Just pick up a set of PP rims and be done..lots out there now.

OP
OP

gearhead992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just pick up a set of PP rims and be done..lots out there now.

that would work. i'm not into the PP rims (black painted Y-spoke). do the Limited Edition wheels wheels come up for sale often? i can't imagine anyone parting with them.

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I could be misunderstanding what your trying to accomplish. I dont believe the 50th anniversary car got staggered width rims. You can get the stock pp rims in silver if black is not doable.

Sponsored

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh I see now..you want just the 50th appearance package. Not the 50th limited edition car but want the rims from the limited edition car?

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I could be misunderstanding what your trying to accomplish. I dont believe the 50th anniversary car got staggered width rims. You can get the stock pp rims in silver if black is not doable.
50 years appearance package got it own 19"x8.5" wheel.
50 eyars appearance package with pp got performance package staggered 9" front / 9.5" rear wheels.

OP
OP

gearhead992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh I see now..you want just the 50th appearance package. Not the 50th limited edition car but want the rims from the limited edition car?
i think the 50 Years Limited Edition Mustang has everything i would wish for - i am just a little hesitant on the cashmere white seats (blue jean transfer, etc.). i was thinking the 50 Years Appearance Package (AP) with the Performance Package would work as an alternative...it would open up color choices too. except! i would lose the Limited Edition wheels and the exclusivity of the 1964 club.

* 50 Years Appearance Package (AP) Wheels - Nickel Plated Aluminum Wheels (975) - equipped for Mustang WITHOUT the Performance Package:

19 X 8.5 with 225/40R19 all-season tires

IF you add the Performance Package to the AP - you get the 10-spoke Y-spoke wheels from the Performance Package cars.

* 50 Years Limited Edition Wheels - Machined Aluminum Wheels (500A) - unique wheels for the 1964 cars:

FRONT: 19 X 9 with 255/40R19 summer-only tires
REAR: 19 X 9.5 with 275/40R19 summer-only tires

50 Years Limited Edition Wheels are the same size as the Performance Package wheels...makes sense as all 50 Years Limited Edition cars were equipped with the Performance Package.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
. i was thinking the 50 Years Appearance Package (AP) with the Performance Package would work as an alternative...it would open up color choices too. except! i would lose the Limited Edition wheels and the exclusivity of the 1964 club.
I am not sure you should be worried about it - those were the least liked wheels on 2015 and you could buy them fairly cheap. I actually could probably sell you mine since I haven't been using them at all. They have the shape of the limited edition wheel, but are much brighter and in a result just don't look good. They're also narrow (8.5").

IMO limited edition wheels were the best looking ones on 2015, but... they were limited edition...

OP
OP

gearhead992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am not sure you should be worried about it - those were the least liked wheels on 2015 and you could buy them fairly cheap. I actually could probably sell you mine since I haven't been using them at all. They have the shape of the limited edition wheel, but are much brighter and in a result just don't look good. They're also narrow (8.5").

IMO limited edition wheels were the best looking ones on 2015, but... they were limited edition...
agreed! sorry for the confusion - we're saying the same thing. i really like the look of the wider wheels from the Limited Edition cars! i initially thought the AP cars with PP were equipped with the wide LE wheels...now I know they were not.

when i pull the trigger, it will be on a 6M Kona LE car and i'll just have to deal with the seats. no worries. :)

Sponsored

Sc00ter

Sc00ter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow GT Premium w/50th Appearance

I actually didn't add the performance package to my 50th Anniversary Package because I didn't like the staggered black PP wheels. :doh:
Little did I know I could have gotten the silver 8-1/2" 19" starburst anniversary wheels & tires here on the forum for a grand, and kept the brembos, radiator & gauges, suspension, etc., which were well worth an extra $2,500. Oh well.

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Absolutely love my 2015 GT/PP with $10G’s worth of options...then the mods! Don’t see too many around Vancouver. Currently having a set of the 50th Anniversary front floor mats made as they are no longer produced!! Weird, cause the carpent trunk mat is still available!
035F8CB9-80AB-47E7-9077-75CAA635AFE0.jpeg

KYLExKILLJOY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 50 years, 2003 Mach 1 D1sc, 2002 4.2L
Absolutely love my 2015 GT/PP with $10G’s worth of options...then the mods! Don’t see too many around Vancouver. Currently having a set of the 50th Anniversary front floor mats made as they are no longer produced!! Weird, cause the carpent trunk mat is still available!
Nice, I got super lucky and actually found the floor mats!
Sponsored