Sponsored

2015+ Ford Mustang Multicolor DRL LED Board Replacements! Sequential Turn Signal DRL!

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
I posted the following to the Front Tribar LED with Sequential Turn MOD thread (http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1905976#post1905976) but I also post it here in order to help others install them correctly.

I wanted to share with you my experience with Diode Dynamics' new tribar LED Boards with sequential turn signal. First of all it's a great product. European Mustangs come without those shark gills DRLs, so these boards completely changed the personality of my car. Plus DD offers an unparalleled customer service.

I installed them a couple of months ago and at first they were working perfectly. A few days after the installation, the DRL function of one of them (the right one) was not working (all other functions were OK). I contacted Paul through the forums and, after following his detailed instructions, I found out that one of the T-Tap connectors was not making the connection very well. I fixed it with pliers and then everything was back to normal...

...until a couple of days ago! Now the left one was not working when the headlights were on or when I put the switch to the parking lights position. After reaching for the relevant connection through the wheel well liner, I realized once again that the T-Tap connector was not making a good connection. I tried to fix it like I did for the right one, but it wouldn't stay on permanently.

So I decided to do what I never wanted: remove the front bumper (again...) in order to do the connections the right way. I withdrew the faulty T-Tap connectors and I took my time to splice carefully the wires on all connections the old traditional way. After splicing them, I wrapped each connection initially with normal electrician's tape and then I used self-fusing rubber tape in order to make the connections strong, waterproof and heat resistant. For that I used 3M Scotch Rubber Splicing Tape 23 (http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/...h-Rubber-Splicing-Tape-23?N=4294922059&rt=rud).

Now everything works perfectly, as it should be and everything seems to be heat and water resistant. I believe that they will last forever. If you decide to use Diode Dynamics' front tribar DRL boards, I strongly - STRONGLY - suggest that you replace the inefficient T-Tap connectors when you first install them. The probabilities are that sooner or later they will stop working properly, you will be pissed off and you will have to do everything all over again, like I did... :shrug:

To Diode Dynamics: Don't take me wrong, this is a great product, but those T-Tap connectors do not offer a permanent connection, making your customers feel unhappy. I hope that this post will help others connect the tribar DRL boards in a way that they last forever. Also thanks for the great support, this distinguishes a great company from the pile! :headbang:
Sponsored

Last edited:

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
I really want to do this, but I'm afraid I'd mess something up. So, I asked a local shop I found on the DD website for a quote to install. It came back as $510 - that seems a tad bit high. Thoughts?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
I really want to do this, but I'm afraid I'd mess something up. So, I asked a local shop I found on the DD website for a quote to install. It came back as $510 - that seems a tad bit high. Thoughts?
It depends on the shop, if they are pulling the bumper and doing a complete install, that may actually be a fair price. Especially if they are a painting the housings too.

Nick C.

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
It depends on the shop, if they are pulling the bumper and doing a complete install, that may actually be a fair price. Especially if they are a painting the housings too.

Nick C.
Well, that got moved down my list a bit when I have time to do it - I can't justify that amount for installation! That's a whole lot of go fast bits. :D

Sponsored

Sherrodmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Any word when the RGBWA DRL Boards will be back in stock?

Both them and the demon eyes are both on backorder.

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Any word when the RGBWA DRL Boards will be back in stock?

Both them and the demon eyes are both on backorder.
The RGBWA LED boards & Demon Eyes have a production-lead time posted, but our production team is working extremely hard to catch up and get them on the shelf.

We also have authorized dealers who stock them :thumbsup:

Thanks!
Nick C.

Sherrodmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
The RGBWA LED boards & Demon Eyes have a production-lead time posted, but our production team is working extremely hard to catch up and get them on the shelf.

We also have authorized dealers who stock them :thumbsup:

Thanks!
Nick C.
Thanks,

Sent you a pm