Sponsored

How to Dr Colorchip large portions at a time?

buymycar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT base. Roush axleback and frpp xpipe.
The weather is the southwest is finally nice enough to allow work outside. Now I need to fix the horrific paint chips on the front of the car. Basically the entire bumper needs to be touched up and some of the hood and fender.

Anyone have a process or tool suggestions for applying Dr Colorchip on large portions? Doing small sections at a time will take me several weekends, and I'm a lazy SOB.

Thanks in advance.:shrug:
Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

The weather is the southwest is finally nice enough to allow work outside. Now I need to fix the horrific paint chips on the front of the car. Basically the entire bumper needs to be touched up and some of the hood and fender.

Anyone have a process or tool suggestions for applying Dr Colorchip on large portions? Doing small sections at a time will take me several weekends, and I'm a lazy SOB.

Thanks in advance.:shrug:
There is a video on YouTube of a guy demonstrating Dr. Colorchip on a Bentley. The Bentley had several chips and marks in one area. I would suggest you watch that. The guy smears a blob of paint while wearing a glove with his thumb. Another way of smearing is a squeegee or foam brush. I'll send the link in a sec.

I've personally only used it on a single chip or scratch at a time. It works well to mostly hide the imperfection, but you can tell it's there if you search.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Smear lightly with finger. Let dry and then gently polish.
Make sure you clean the chips with rubbing alcohol first for best adhesion.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
I can't find the video right now. It's a black Bentley with a guy doing Dr. Colorchip on it.

OP
OP

buymycar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT base. Roush axleback and frpp xpipe.
Thanks for the help. Guess I will need to spend the next few weekends going over a section at a time.

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
Get the kit with the squeegee. You can do huge swaths, square feet at a time. I repaired the huge patches of stone chips on the quarters three times over using the squeegee.
Sponsored