Sponsored

Would this muffler fit?

PamAndJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang
I've read a couple posts about people using Magnaflow mufflers to replace the stock resonator. I was poking around their site and found something that seems like it would work.

https://www.magnaflow.com/products?partNumber=12278

It's 3" in (which would match up with my dp) and dual 2.25" out (which I believe would match up to the stock pipes). My biggest concern is whether the location of the inlet in the center of the muffler would work. Looking at the stock system, it seems like it would need to be offset to the side. But, like I said I've seen others using the MF oval mufflers, so maybe it'll work. FWIW, I'm thinking of doing this and deleting the mufflers altogether like in this thread:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29586&highlight=Delete
Sponsored

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
I've read a couple posts about people using Magnaflow mufflers to replace the stock resonator. I was poking around their site and found something that seems like it would work.

https://www.magnaflow.com/products?partNumber=12278

It's 3" in (which would match up with my dp) and dual 2.25" out (which I believe would match up to the stock pipes). My biggest concern is whether the location of the inlet in the center of the muffler would work. Looking at the stock system, it seems like it would need to be offset to the side. But, like I said I've seen others using the MF oval mufflers, so maybe it'll work. FWIW, I'm thinking of doing this and deleting the mufflers altogether like in this thread:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29586&highlight=Delete
It should work with little to no modification. I have a bottle type Vibrant resonator on mine and it went on easily enough.

OP
OP
PamAndJim

PamAndJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang
It should work with little to no modification. I have a bottle type Vibrant resonator on mine and it went on easily enough.
Does Vibrant make a single in / dual out? Or did you do a Y after the resonator?

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Does Vibrant make a single in / dual out? Or did you do a Y after the resonator?
I used a Y-pipe from Magnaflow for that. Vibrant makes a single inlet/dual outlet muffler in a 2.5" size (#1110) that you could use. People have also used Borla mufflers too.

OP
OP
PamAndJim

PamAndJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang
Vibrant makes a single inlet/dual outlet muffler in a 2.5" size (#1110) that you could use.
I thought the stock pipes are 2.25" am I wrong?

Sponsored

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
I thought the stock pipes are 2.25" am I wrong?
The pipe entering into the resonator is a 2.5" pipe, iirc, and the exits are 2.25". However, any muffler shop worth their salt can easily make it work.

MagnaFlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550
Pamandjim, yes that part will fit your Mustang with some minor modification from an exhaust shop. If you have any other questions, let us know!

sl1kn1ck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PREM PP MANUAL OXFORD WHITE 201A
I have been curious about this part as well. Could we still use clamps to connect the exhaust pipes?

MagnaFlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550
I have been curious about this part as well. Could we still use clamps to connect the exhaust pipes?
Yes, but the pipes spacing will need some minor adjustment to line up straight with the resonator inlets for a proper seal.

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
The pipe entering into the resonator is a 2.5" pipe, iirc, and the exits are 2.25". However, any muffler shop worth their salt can easily make it work.
The pipe entering the resonator is 2.25". It necks down right after the flex. I thought it was 2.5 but found out otherwise when I cut out my resonator to replace with 2.5 pipe and a Y. Wound up welding the pipe to the down pipe and using a band clamp at the Y.

OP
OP
PamAndJim

PamAndJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang
Gotcha. Mine will be 3" coming off the downpipe, which is why I picked this muffler. The stock pipes coming out of the resonator are 2.25" right?
Sponsored