cgreen5150

cgreen5150
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, Premium, PP, Recaros
Looks awesome Tim. Those last few pics makes you wonder how the hood closes. Looks like the head unit and the intake tube are way to high to close the hood! Driving impressions please...

OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Hood & Paxton are spot on Tim! Great work/mods buddy...
Thanks! I am very pleased with how it's come together!

Looking good Tim!! The polished head unit plus carbon intake is CLEAN. How's it feel so far compared to the P1SC??
Thanks Tommy! The car feels very strong...butt dyno says definitely quicker than the Procharger kit...very very strong hit on boost. Which makes sense because I'm running a 3.6" pulley on the Paxton, so she's putting out some extra steam. Looking into a return fuel system next before I go hunting for more powaaa! :D Hoping I enjoy it at this power level until next year before I turn it up a bit more....we shall see...lol! :lol:

this is lit
Appreciate it! :cheers:

OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Looks awesome Tim. Those last few pics makes you wonder how the hood closes. Looks like the head unit and the intake tube are way to high to close the hood! Driving impressions please...
I think my aftermarket hood definitely helps with the clearance, although the stock hood can work without any major issues from what I've seen on other Paxton builds. Just requires some trimming on the hood liner. In my case, zero modification was required...so that was nice :)

Driving impressions...well I'm running a custom tune, and the car feels like stock under 4k, very smooth overall. You can half-pedal into boost and zero bucking or surging, just a seamless transition into rage mode. As soon as you are into boost...well....it just pulls and pulls and pulls...it pulls to 150mph quicker than I can down a shot of vodka :lol: I'd like to put it against something like a hellcat or Z06 Vette on a roll and see how it compares. With the way this car builds speed, I can see it beating some serious performance cars in a straight line.

Granted, i need sticker rear tires to make the most of the new power, but the Nitto G2's do a decent job of hooking up from 3rd upwards, but 1st and 2nd are sketchy...you have to feed the gas pedal in a try to minimize the spin because full pedal just means spin city.

Overall, I highly recommend the Paxton kit going off my experiences so far. I know the way it drives all comes down the tune, and my tuner Rob Shoemaker (who also did my Procharger tune) is very good at what he does.

I'll provide more feedback once the car is fully dialed in :cheers:

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Bagged & Boosted 50th Anniversary
Glad to see you boosted again! Curious to hear what your thoughts are on how the Paxton feels vs PC

Sponsored

NightParade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2017 GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Absolutely gorgeous, love the polished kit with the CF intake tube. Thanks for the write up, I've actually had my eye on the paxton kit and might pull the trigger on FI early next year so any info on the Install is very much appreciated. Sounds like a blast though and especially with cooler weather on the way.

DarkHorse5.0

Project White Label
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryn
Vehicle(s)
Whippled 2015 GT PP
Very nice!! I bet that carbon and chrome under the hood is visible with the new hood too. Not so stealthy, but more like means business LOL

:thumbsup:

OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Going to be getting rowdy...Corsa Xtreme GT350 catback....installing this weekend.

OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Corsa Xtreme GT350 Catback

Loved the Ford Racing Sport exhaust that came with the Ford Performance Quad-Tip GT350 valance and catback kit, but fancied turning up the volume.

As you can see from this build thread, I like to change things up... its all part of the fun :D I've previously had the Corsa Sport catback installed before the Ford Borla Sport was installed, and it sounded great, so I knew the Corsa Xtreme was going to be right up my street...

All I will say is this .... BOOST + CORSA XTREME = SMILES :headbang:

Pics from this afternoon:

Corsa on the left... that tell-tale double x pipe.....

Sponsored

GT_Tommy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
TVS Supercharged Premium PP
Wow badass setup Tim! I've been looking for a way to run the GT350 rear valence and keep the Corsa Xtreme catback. This definitely seems like the easiest/cleanest way to get it done. Any hiccups or issues getting this to work? Does anything need to be done for the exhaust valve provisions?

OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Wow badass setup Tim! I've been looking for a way to run the GT350 rear valence and keep the Corsa Xtreme catback. This definitely seems like the easiest/cleanest way to get it done. Any hiccups or issues getting this to work? Does anything need to be done for the exhaust valve provisions?
100% plug and play. Zero adjustments required, fits like a glove right out of the box :)

Don't know how I've not had the Corsa Xtreme in my life earlier...this thing sounds pure nasty :lol:

Velgen

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Love the car tim. How are you liking the boost? was that vortechs stencil for the intercooler provided by them? p.s that carbon inlet tube looks amazing.:headbang::cheers:

OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Love the car tim. How are you liking the boost? was that vortechs stencil for the intercooler provided by them? p.s that carbon inlet tube looks amazing.:headbang::cheers:
Thanks! Boost is keeping me smiling ... love the Paxton kit, very impressed with its performance even on the modest 3.6" pulley.

Yea that stencil was included in the intercooler box...I opted for a more stealth approach and kept mine clean and logo-less.

More carbon to come, to compliment that gorgeous intake tube :D

OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Talking of which, I've been busy making a custom engine cover...

Sponsored

Last edited: