Ford visor garage door opener issues

MustangS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
'15 Vert GT
My warranty just expired last week and wouldn't you know--the garage door opener has stopped working. :lol:

:headbonk:
Sponsored

jeffrt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium - Magnetic
I can also confirm that LED bulbs in the opener caused a ton of grief for me too. Switched back to incandescents, and all is good now.

keiths2kgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang GT PP 50th AP
I use led bulbs without any issue. I have a Craftsman opener. Never had any trouble with it after I synced it 2 years ago.

jedirocker

Threads
Reaction score
Website
visualuniverse.org
First Name
PJ
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
During the 39,000 miles I drove my 2015 GT, I had the visor replaced twice under warranty because the HomeLink buttons failed. I did not program the buttons on the 3rd one because I knew I would be trading in the car eventually. That occurred yesterday.

So now I am going to attempt to program the buttons on my new '18 GT350 and we'll see how long they last.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
During the 39,000 miles I drove my 2015 GT, I had the visor replaced twice under warranty because the HomeLink buttons failed. I did not program the buttons on the 3rd one because I knew I would be trading in the car eventually. That occurred yesterday.

So now I am going to attempt to program the buttons on my new '18 GT350 and we'll see how long they last.
My Homelink buttons work excellent in my 2018, even using LED bulbs in my Chamberlin.

I used the setup method where it says to use the hand held garage door opener next to the visor. Been flawless since Feb and door opens/closes on first HomeLink click every single time!

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
Homelink is a massive let down. Just yesterday I pulled up to the garage door, hit the button and it worked. 15 min later I went to leave and it would not respond. Had to get out and hit the button on the wall.
This randomly happens all the damned time. And in both directions.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Homelink is a massive let down. Just yesterday I pulled up to the garage door, hit the button and it worked. 15 min later I went to leave and it would not respond. Had to get out and hit the button on the wall.
This randomly happens all the damned time. And in both directions.
My prior 2016 used to act up in the same manner; the 2018 not at all.

I wonder if there is a part revision or Homelink upgrade between the 2015-2017’s and the 2018?

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
mine is very temperamental

I have to be almost touching the door with my bumper for the freaking thing to open

my daily can open the same door from like 3 houses down the road
I know that's an old post but just stumbled onto this thread.

My 2016 was the same with a 3/4 HP Craftsman (Chamberlain) when I first brought the car home. After having to creep to almost touching the door for a few weeks, I went back to the remote. So I used the remote for a while and then one day tried the visor button and it worked even before hitting the driveway, just as the remote does. Been fine since (over a year).

I have no clue what caused it or fixed it.

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Cal Special
thats good to know. My visor Homelink opener hasnt worked well on my Stanley since I programmed it. Works great for opening the door with car in garage, when car is out of garage, bumper has to be kissing the door for it to work. Had to buy a diff opener from Amazon to give it range. Opener has old school incandescant bulbs in it by the way. Havent used the visor opener lately, will try it again.

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
I gave up on mine after failing multiple times. The light bulb compatibility issue might be worth investigating though.
Sponsored