IsolatedSnail

IsolatedSnail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2016 Deep Impact Blue GT/CS
Premium features was more of a general thing, than simply "AC".

Cooled seats, dual zone climate control, and "leather" seats are premium features.

Don't be mad that you spent more money for junk.
Not sure why the salty reply, I paid "more money" for features that I wanted to use and have used for years. My wife and I when driving on trips often utilize different temperatures as she gets cold early. Living in a southern state, cooled seats is a useful feature, when the air is pulled from a useful source.

If anyone else following is curious about repairs, heard back today on the suite of tests done over the weekend. Blend door actuator isn't the problem, evap core went out like so many others here have seen. Parts ordered, won't have the car back until end of week. Womp, womp.
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Interesting thought, the one I'm using is well known around here and has been my go to for awhile even before this car. But if I have another problem you make a good point that it's worth trying another dealership. I'm in DFW in Texas and I've heard the Grapevine Ford dealer is very Mustang friendly and has good guys working it. May have to give them a shot. Currently driving about 30 minutes out of my way to use this dealer, so far they've called me and provided me bi-daily updates at a minimum on what they tested, how they tested, what they replaced, and why they replaced it. It appears that Ford is now having techs use a system that has steps. With the last AC repair, they did all the steps. Was still broke, that's when they replaced the blower even though it was testing good.
Have you called Ford Corporate and requested a Ford CSR who is local to your region? The Ford CSR will be on your side and will get the Dealership (of your choice) to take appropriate action to determine actual failure and repair procedures.

--

On another note - a 30 min drive to another Dealership is not that bad, considering the time wasted on a Dealership that either can't properly diagnose the AC issue (or won't). There are multiple threads in the TSB subforum on here regarding multiple AC issues (and fixes). Some have reported malfunctioning HVAC blend doors/mechanisms, premature AC compressor failures, AC blower motor problems, as well as the very well known AC EVAP core failures. Your description of the problem almost sounds like a blend door issue.

The Ford Service Center I have been dealing with on a warranty concern is 1.5hrs away; I go there by choice because the local Dealers don't have good ratings based on online customer reviews (as well as unfortunate personal experience before finding those reviews). I have been getting the absolute best service where I go, so to me the 1.5hr journey for a proper fix and/or routine maintenance is really worth it.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
how exactly does an evap core "go out" in a non-obvious way?

They either hold expanding refrigerant or they don't. If they don't, that leaked refrigerant has to go somewhere...

Unless they are incorrectly trying to tell you that the orifice has failed, is now oversized, and not holding adequate high-side pressure in the condenser...

none of these things will affect your blower speed.

OP
OP
IsolatedSnail

IsolatedSnail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=22579]TexasRebel[/MENTION] I believe we are dealing with two different problems. My blower was replaced. Shortly after I started having temperature problems. That has been determined to be an evap core. Which from what I've read on these forums over the past few years is pretty common. Best guess I've seen is that they are using two different metals for one of the components bolted into the core which expands and shrinks at a different speed over time slowly generating a leak.

The blower at this time is working. It was just the first problem.

Blower issues, new capacitor installed.
No issues.
Blower issues again, new bezel ??. Not fixed. New cap, not fixed. New blower.
No issues.
Then temperature problems. Now having the evap core replaced.

Been a bitter month between me and Ford, my wife's explorer also just recently popped one of the door panel seems on the driver side window. Also a known issue with adhesive failure. Gonna have to call Ford and try to get them to cover that since it's over miles on warranty.

Sponsored

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
[MENTION=22579]TexasRebel[/MENTION] I believe we are dealing with two different problems. My blower was replaced. Shortly after I started having temperature problems. That has been determined to be an evap core. Which from what I've read on these forums over the past few years is pretty common. Best guess I've seen is that they are using two different metals for one of the components bolted into the core which expands and shrinks at a different speed over time slowly generating a leak.

The blower at this time is working. It was just the first problem.

Blower issues, new capacitor installed.
No issues.
Blower issues again, new bezel ??. Not fixed. New cap, not fixed. New blower.
No issues.
Then temperature problems. Now having the evap core replaced.

Been a bitter month between me and Ford, my wife's explorer also just recently popped one of the door panel seems on the driver side window. Also a known issue with adhesive failure. Gonna have to call Ford and try to get them to cover that since it's over miles on warranty.
ah, I guess I missed the mention of a problem other than blower speed varying.

Endokendal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Ruby Red
My blower has started doing exactly what you describe... but it is intermittent. One day it will and the next it won't. Taking it off "auto" when it is acting up doesn't make a difference.
No problems with the evap core yet... but probably won't be long based on what I've read.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Premium features was more of a general thing, than simply "AC".

Cooled seats, dual zone climate control, and "leather" seats are premium features.

Don't be mad that you spent more money for junk.
:rant::crazy:

tommyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 EcoBoost HPP manual
Hey Cobra jet, do you mind sharing with me the dealership you use? The one I purchased my car from sucks.Anywhere in N.J. wold work.

Sponsored

pmr2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Fastback, 1975 Corvette Coupe
Others may have more experience on this but the fan varying on its own when in manual setting from my experience is a sign of blower motor going.

My '15 Edge did the same intermittently, they replaced the entire "blower motor" no problems for the year I had it before lease end.

My '17 GT did this once or twice beginning of summer keeping a eye on it before warranty is up.

xDUMPWEEDx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP (Base/Oxford White)
Don't feed the troll...
Cooled seats are known to be junk. Dual zone AC went out. Leather seats are known junk.

Troll, indeed. Can't handle them facts.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Cooled seats are known to be junk. Dual zone AC went out. Leather seats are known junk.

My cooled seats work, my A/C works, and my premier trim leather is really comfortable. Where's the junk part again?

OP
OP
IsolatedSnail

IsolatedSnail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)

For the record, I have a GT/CS, so not actually leather where you are sitting. However, I still highly enjoy my "premium" seats. They are quite comfortable. And without them my head would be touching the roof. The 6-way adjustments allow me to drop the seat to a comfortable level.

My 3-zone Explorer AC has worked for years, 2 zone in my F-150 also worked for years, and in the Mustang apparently is working fine at controlling zones but was actually leaking coolant causing the temperature differences.

So yeah, I think troll is the right definition. Trash talking random peoples decision to buy things you either (a) just don't like or (b) couldn't afford. But, you appear to be doing well at it so here. Have a troll trophy. :first:

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Lol :lol:
Sponsored