Sponsored

Alcantara Interior Parts

DB83

Granny Shifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
So now that JPM Coachworks is out of the game, does anyone else know where to get alcantara parts for our interior?

In particular i'm looking for and alcantara shift knob and handbrake handle.

Cheers!
Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
DB83

DB83

Granny Shifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Yeah, I've seen that one, but judging by the pictures, there quality is nowhere near that of JPM Coachworks. I'm looking for top quality.

smann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
sub'd

Sponsored

p.bateman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Yeah, I've seen that one, but judging by the pictures, there quality is nowhere near that of JPM Coachworks. I'm looking for top quality.
Is there a photothread of the Redline products? As they are the only game in town I may just place my order there.

Last edited:

YukonRally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
I got a shift boot and e-brake boot from Redline. Can't say I'm real happy with it. They were both cut slightly too small and it took a lot of heat and pulling to get them over the plastic frames, and even then they didn't entirely fit. On the e-brake handle they cut the handle end much too small and I had to split about 10 stitches to even get it over, and now there is a gap on the underside that I have to hold together with a zip tie. The material itself is good, but the fitment was terrible. I'll probably end up ordering OEM replacements.
52805993366__8B70C23C-DF0B-4733-A0D7-1DFBBFD410BE.JPG

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
I went with Redline Goods for my shift boot, e-brake boot and console cover 2 years ago. The fit was perfect and I haven't had any issues with the material or fitment. I did order both the e-brake and shift boot with +1 inch of material. Gave me lots of room to fit everything in well. I would recommend them to others.
20160501_121738_resized.jpg
20160509_140351_resized.jpg

p.bateman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I got a shift boot and e-brake boot from Redline. Can't say I'm real happy with it. They were both cut slightly too small and it took a lot of heat and pulling to get them over the plastic frames, and even then they didn't entirely fit. On the e-brake handle they cut the handle end much too small and I had to split about 10 stitches to even get it over, and now there is a gap on the underside that I have to hold together with a zip tie. The material itself is good, but the fitment was terrible. I'll probably end up ordering OEM replacements.
How long ago did you order? Did you order stock fitment or spec something else? Did you express your concerns to redline (if so, did they offer a fix)?

Thanks!

Sponsored

Milez28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ruby S/C GT Prem
anyone bought from Shifteck on the bay?

I want the alcantara with red stitching look and that's the only one I found

OP
OP
DB83

DB83

Granny Shifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
So, i went to an upholsterers today to look at getting the aluminium part of the dash covered in alcantara with a silver double stitch down the middle, and he said it would be virtually impossible to do because alcantara has no give or stretch, and he wouldn't be able to fit it around the round vents.
I also asked about getting the steering wheel done in alcantara, and he also said it would look terrible, as the inside edge would bunch up.
Is he talking crap? I've seen some pretty intricate work done with alcantara, and can't help but feel that maybe its because he's not very good at it?
I'm going to try a couple of other places anyway, but though i would ask you guys for your opinion.

p.bateman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Nothing to add to DB83s post but I did purchase and install the Redline alcantara shift and parking lever boot. They look very good. Be careful on the install, though, there isn't much 'extra' material to work with.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I recently picked up a couple of Redline parts, a shift and e-brake boot, perforated black with red (pref) stripe, reverse color stitching. Nicely made, leather seems like decent quality, good color match.

They're just about a perfect match in terms of size - however, since they're not formed, they don't just "drop" onto the plastic mounting frames. It's a bit difficut, you have to carefully, position, glue them on, use clamps - and I even cut the corners like the OEM pieces. Also, it looks like the pieces will need to be slightly opened up to account for the e-brake handle and reverse lockout.

I'm not done with the install, but I think the final results are going to be amazing. I've been gluing the e-brake boot a section at a time. It's not like swapping out an interior part like a shift knob.

p.bateman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
My alcantara pieces matched up almost perfectly with the stock vinyl. Some of the issue, I believe, is that the alcantara does not 'give' and thus needs to be placed carefully to ensure the parking lever can move freely through its range of motion. I had to reposition the back portion of the alcantara so that is was not pulled tight when the parking lever is disengaged. All of the corners were cut identically (or near to it) as the stock pieces. I did not need to pop any stitches to make it fit.

I followed the video instructions from CJ pony parts and had very few issues aside from misaligning the lock out collar - pay attention to that during removal (this is on a GT350).
Sponsored