Sponsored

GT350 Tow Hook

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
Question for those of you who have installed the ZL1 tow hook.

Does it install behind or in front of the bumper crossbeam?

Any chance someone has a pic of the installation - at least one that is better than what ZL1 includes in their instructions.
Sponsored

THX 138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack, 2002 Porsche Boxster S 3.8L
Behind, as in on the side facing the firewall, not the side facing the front of the car. It gets sandwiched between the bumper support beam and the round black core support rod that is currently bolted to the bumper support beam. If you open the hood and look down, you can actually see the two protruding bolts pretty well.

THX 138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update: I just talked to ZL1Addons, they figured out that I received the wrong tow hook shaft. The correct shaft is an inch longer than the one I received, and WILL screw in all the way without bottoming out against the grille. Props to them, though, they are sending me the correct shaft and are not requiring that I send them this one back. :thumbsup:

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Update: I just talked to ZL1Addons, they figured out that I received the wrong tow hook shaft. The correct shaft is an inch longer than the one I received, and WILL screw in all the way without bottoming out against the grille. Props to them, though, they are sending me the correct shaft and are not requiring that I send them this one back. :thumbsup:

[MENTION=24531]THX 138[/MENTION] - thanks for posting this. Had the same question/error in my order. Thought maybe I was crazy or was missing part of the instructions about using thread locker.

Sponsored

mkonrad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase

Rimox51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Props to them?? Really?? It took 3 shipments to get all my parts from ZL1. And when I emailed a question they never answered.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Props to them?? Really?? It took 3 shipments to get all my parts from ZL1. And when I emailed a question they never answered.
I'm in the same boat. I've sent 2 emails to correct the same problem as above and haven't heard back. How'd you get ahold of them?

THX 138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm in the same boat. I've sent 2 emails to correct the same problem as above and haven't heard back. How'd you get ahold of them?
It's not really a "them"... It's just a "he." See this thread:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82316

I'm willing to cut the guy some slack because he's just an enthusiast developing parts in a shed in his back yard (literally), and he's giving us options that the "big guys" aren't offering (at least not yet). I reached him by calling the number on his web page, (858) 527-8727. I believe that's John's cell number.

havasu486

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT350 Electronics Package, Lead Foot Gray
I don't know if anyone has seen the Ford Racing version yet - looks ok, but the installation hardware looks kind of skimpy...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-2017-M...ash=item2cbcbf0256:g:ProAAOSwdGFY3rTX&vxp=mtr
So if you do not mind mutilating your front grill and do not mind removing your back up light you are golden?

If Ford messed up anything on this car it is lack of tow hook locations. Something GM and almost all the foreign cars have had for years.
Sponsored