Sponsored

Throttle Body?

Mystery Fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic Roush RS3 Phase 2, A6, 3.55
Looking for bigger throttle body suggestions, 80mm pulley, Roush TVS, looking to max air flow on 93 octane. Will be adding open air box, headers and injectors shortly.
Sponsored

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
i dont think open airbox really provides much benefit.. i think VMP sells the twin 67 mm

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1
Open airbox has shown up to 30rwhp on dynos..... but I would still wait for the PMAS CAI.... should be available in a few weeks. The VMP 67mm looks like the way to go...

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Open air boxes is great for Dyno numbers with hood open, but in daily driving any engine heat getting into the inlet air is bad.

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1
That's why I'm waiting on the PMAS for mine.... The design looks pretty killer...

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang2016
Looking for bigger throttle body suggestions, 80mm pulley, Roush TVS, looking to max air flow on 93 octane. Will be adding open air box, headers and injectors shortly.
I would do a twin 67 vmp throttle body with a closed air box my results are in my sig we tried the car with the lid off just made the IAT go through the roof and made back to back passes and the car actually slowed down slightly with lid off.:)

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang2016
:headbonk:
oh and BTW the mono blade throttle body surged and drove horrible i would stay away from that one at all cost.

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
:headbonk: oh and BTW the mono blade throttle body surged and drove horrible i would stay away from that one at all cost.
Wouldn't that have been a tuning issue, not something with the throttle body itself?

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang2016
Wouldn't that have been a tuning issue, not something with the throttle body itself?
yea no matter how many tune changes the cars drivability just wasn't smooth.So I traded my buddy with '14 with roush blower for his twin 67 all the issues went away. Then his car ran perfectly with the mono blade. So idk haven't looked back since.
Sponsored