Sponsored

Video of Run

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange PP
Thanks for the advise guys. Learned to do the linelock feature to heat up the tires and used the launch control set at 3800. This is 50 degree day at a local track. After watching the video it seems the clutch may have slipped hitting second, but as I remember the run the car was spinning. If the clutch was slipping that bad, would it have slipped worse in 3rd and 4th gear? I may have had my foot on pedal causing this without realizing? (slight preassure)

Any advise is welcome, I would like to hit 11's on stock tires! lol

12.2.JPG
Sponsored

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
Sure sounded like clutch slip. You can also see the nose dip where traction control kicked in. Don't use the launch control, it slows you down. 11's on the stock tires is for sure possible. I have been 11.1 so far on the 235 pzero's. 1.76 60'

rs7337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem & 1968 Mustang coupe
how does launch control slow you down?

alrodri8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
how does launch control slow you down?
Launch control uses the throttle body to control your launch opening it in a gradual manner. Without launch control you're able to WOT gradually yourself or instantly. I always ran better times without LC.

alrodri8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
His 60' is good for street tires. He may be able to manage a 1.8 on street tires which would most likely give him a 12.0 run. You may need more power or weight reduction to hit an 11 on the stock tires.

Sponsored

OP
OP
RoadCone

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks guys. Next time I will practice without launch control. The local track here has never hooked great on street tires, so I imagine a 1.7 is out of the question, but I will keep trying!

I also need to work on shifting and keep my foot from getting ahead of the shift I think.

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks guys. Next time I will practice without launch control. The local track here has never hooked great on street tires, so I imagine a 1.7 is out of the question, but I will keep trying!

I also need to work on shifting and keep my foot from getting ahead of the shift I

The best 60 I ever had on regular stock street tires was a 1.86 in my 99ss. That was with a really good prep track and a worn clutch that would slip just enough to hold traction. With that said I can't imagine pulling a 1.7 without a drag radials or dot slick. I do think with my cont dws 06 a/s on a good preped track I could get a low 1.9 and maybe a high 1.8. Hopefully I get down to the track to find out!

OP
OP
RoadCone

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The best 60 I ever had on regular stock street tires was a 1.86 in my 99ss. That was with a really good prep track and a worn clutch that would slip just enough to hold traction. With that said I can't imagine pulling a 1.7 without a drag radials or dot slick. I do think with my cont dws 06 a/s on a good preped track I could get a low 1.9 and maybe a high 1.8. Hopefully I get down to the track to find out!

I was shocked with a 1.95! I have noticed a huge difference on the street with temps in the 70's. The stock tires feel a lot stickier!

RBS550

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
RB
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Great job! Keep making passes, and it will all come together. :headbang:
Sponsored