Sponsored

15' V6: Roush vs Outlaw axlebacks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Conner
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Mustang V6
Im currently having a hard time trying to decide which exhaust I want to get. Its either the Roush or Outlaw axlebacks, I love the loud tone coming out of these two but want to also put an x pipe with it. So I am looking to see which one everyone would like better with an x-pipe on it. I have heard some stuff about the outlaw having more drone noise than the roush but want to get input from people who have actually had it to see. Thanks:headbang:
Sponsored

Phormz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Mustang
First mod I put on my V6 was the Outlaws and I loved the sound. It was very Deep and very loud, but there was alot of drone. Since then I have done the Flowmaster X-Pipe and it really changes everything. It's now deep below 3000rpm and then gets much higher from there. There is actually less drone with the x-Pipe than with the stock res. I have also tuned my car and can say that without the tune there is more drone with both setups, and less drone with a tune on. Hope this helps. I might be able to get some videos up or something but i'm sure there are some out there.

V6junkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 v6 ingot silver
Agreed I have shorties and xpipe and roush and love it

Sponsored

Bay1Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic '15 V6 051a
Every x-pipe I've heard has rasp so just make sure you're good with that before diving in.

Sound is all subjective, but I prefer the roush over the outlaw. It's more of a unique V6 sound to me.

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
Im currently having a hard time trying to decide which exhaust I want to get. Its either the Roush or Outlaw axlebacks, I love the loud tone coming out of these two but want to also put an x pipe with it. So I am looking to see which one everyone would like better with an x-pipe on it. I have heard some stuff about the outlaw having more drone noise than the roush but want to get input from people who have actually had it to see. Thanks:headbang:
Both will have drone but the Outlaws will have more. It's pretty bad, I'm used to it but if you have passengers it would probably be annoying.

I do love the sound of the Outlaws though, I've had them on my V6 since August but have only heard them from the outside maybe twice, I hear them on youtube videos all the time but it doesn't compare to how it actually sounds. Last week I had my dad drive the car (since he is one of the only few I know that can drive MT), and damn I never realized how good they sound. The sound is really deep and almost gurgly, the cold starts are amazing. Of course since it is only a V6 you will get that higher pitch sound as RPM's rise. I get so much compliments on how my car sounds. I have yet to put an X-pipe only because I don't really want it to be any louder.

I've heard that Roush AB's are more on the Raspy side while the FM Outlaws are more on the Deep side.

jellyrole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I haven't experienced much drone with my outlaws. I just put my long tubes in with an hpipe after a year of having the outlaws and it sounds better than almost any exhaust I've ever heard.

SquillyP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang V6
I haven't experienced much drone with my outlaws. I just put my long tubes in with an hpipe after a year of having the outlaws and it sounds better than almost any exhaust I've ever heard.
Do u have a video of your exhaust?? Been thinking bout that setup

jellyrole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Let me go record it for ya..I'll be back in 30

Sponsored

jellyrole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Here's an okay recording. The middle part of the video sucks and doesn't do any justice but the beginning and end are pretty decent. I'll have to get a better one on a day that's not wet.

[ame]

SquillyP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang V6
Here's an okay recording. The middle part of the video sucks and doesn't do any justice but the beginning and end are pretty decent. I'll have to get a better one on a day that's not wet.

That still sounds sick! Is that the catted h pipe?

jellyrole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Yes, it is.

I had a guy pull up to me at a red light in a Challenger with a V8 and he revved. I smiled and revved back and he decided he was going to turn lol it's mean!

SquillyP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang V6
Yes, it is.

I had a guy pull up to me at a red light in a Challenger with a V8 and he revved. I smiled and revved back and he decided he was going to turn lol it's mean!
Haha nice! Is it raspy at all? Or pretty deep?
Been wanting to do this set up for sometime

jellyrole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Raspy is not a word I would use anymore. It's incredibly deep now. It does sound more like a V8 but it's still a v6 with a bad attitude. This is the best sound I could have hoped for out of this car.

Every RPM sounds good too, I haven't found a spot I don't like. It is very loud too. Some guy asked me to rev it up while he was about a foot away from the car and I told him to move and he said it would be fine since it's not an 8..He walked away holding his ears
Sponsored