Butt hurt 15-17 owners come on in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
Yes and no. Some guys are 100% happy with there out dated sexy looking 2015-2017 and some guys are wishing they would of held out for a 18 before doing some mods or held out a little longer before buying the 17. The 18's have no effect on me because I decided long ago I'm holding out until the next gen or something else possibly but my butt is still hurting just a bit. No matter what I'm excited to see the performance of the 18's but it does come with a hefty price and looks that are in the eyes of the beholder. So let the butt hurting continue!:headbonk:
2004 to 2005 major difference
2014 to 2015 major difference

2017 to 2018 extremely minor differences........:shrug:

OP
OP
Braski

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
2004 to 2005 major difference
2014 to 2015 major difference

2017 to 2018 extremely minor differences........:shrug:
Extremely minor differences? 1/2 second faster in the quarter and a 5 mph increase on the ET is not minor it is huge! It's OK, denial is the first sign of butt hurt my friend. :brokenheart:

OP
OP
Braski

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Well, so much for the tuners not being able to get any more HP out of the DI. At this point, since deals are to be had, I think all we have is the questionable front end which is really starting to grow on me btw.:shrug:

Gman

Gman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic Mustang
Get over it people technology and newer models will always be better than the last period.

Sponsored

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
Extremely minor differences? 1/2 second faster in the quarter and a 5 mph increase on the ET is not minor it is huge! It's OK, denial is the first sign of butt hurt my friend. :brokenheart:
Horsepower isn't a change, my friend.

Gull wing doors would be a change.
Working hoodscoop would be a change as well as HUD.........

As I said earlier; I have my title, I can trade today but there is NO reason to; it's the same car...........

Glockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium, Auto
I looked for awhile at a 2018.. Could not find a new 17 magnetic left with what I wanted.. I thought the front end of the 18 looked too much like a Fusion.. found a 2016 with only 2200 miles on it so I had to jump.. saved 1000s over a 17 and let someone else eat the depreciation. Even more so over an 18.. spent the savings on a JT trim vortech on the way ;).. I will never buy a car with "first model year tech" just in case...

Semi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
79 ford f250 7.5l/2015 gt pp ruby red
"To help ensure people have an opportunity to see every side of an issue there may be the rare occasion when we allow controversial content or behavior which may otherwise violate our Rules to remain on our service because we believe there is a legitimate public interest in its availability."

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
Ah don't care for the idea of a refresh so soon cause it will knock our 15-17 values down some I would imagine. Can say I wish my '15 had the new headlights, taillights and total exhaust. But not digging the the rest of front-end. I thought the grill opening was more than enough on the 15-17 model and gotta have the lower sizeable fogs.

offroadkarter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadkarter.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I'll be happy as long as some people figure out how to retrofit a few of the newer parts on the older cars (quad tip exhaust valance, gauge cluster are two things that come to mind).

I still don't like the front end, although in some colors I can tolerate it. I'm just happy overall that its not lagging behind the Camaro so much in straight line performance anymore.

Sponsored

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0

I really don't care if it goes 100mph faster in the 1/4 and does it in 4 seconds flat. I already can't use the power I have where I live (and the sum total of S550's I've seen in 3 years around me is 7, including my own car... not expecting to see zillions of 18's pop up).

I am jelly of the new 10 speed auto though, that I would like to have. :love:

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
I'm "paddling" the 6R80 like it's my Bittch! an with intake an X-pipe I can't stop the spin with stock wheels an summer performance tires. So, I am happy with only $500.00 in mods?Enjoy the 11 sec. passes! I'll see you in the twisty's.

Last edited:

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
Break-in tires

Photo evidence?
tn_20171201_1419061.jpg
IMG_20171201_150913_895.jpg

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
I really don't care if it goes 100mph faster in the 1/4 and does it in 4 seconds flat. I already can't use the power I have where I live (and the sum total of S550's I've seen in 3 years around me is 7, including my own car... not expecting to see zillions of 18's pop up).

I am jelly of the new 10 speed auto though, that I would like to have. :love:

I hear you.

Where I live S550 Mustangs are everywhere, but mostly Ecoboost, then V6 and a sparse showing of 5.0s. As I stated in other posts, racing and stunt driving in Toronto gets you double the set fines for drunk driving along with instant license suspension for at least a week and towing and retention of your car for a week. The dealers never sold one 5.0 base car (that was not special ordered) and I was looking when I had to buy again. They were all optioned up 5.0s at 18,000 to 23,000 more than my six. The convertible was a whopping 60,000 and exactly double the price of my car – sticker for sticker. The 5.0 isn’t really an enthusiast car for the guy that just got his first car, and more for an older crowd who want luxury more than anything else. But I digress.

The last 5.0 , no - I saw a one last week, but one of the last 5.0s I saw in the last few weeks I came up beside and he sheepishly slowed down and got behind me and took off down a side street. A few days later the same thing happened with the same car but not so obviously and he took off down a side street again. Now he probably does not come down the same street at the same time anymore.That guy had the enthusiasm kicked out of him by our oppressive laws. Long story short the very first 2018 Mustang in Canada is still probably in the lot unsold as well as the first GT. That half second quarter means nothing at all here.The styling of the front end has more impact though. I just asked one gal who drove an Ecoboost about the new cars coming in and she said they were “ugly” and I would not go that far, especially in dark colors, but that is what she said.

I don’t see any reason for 2015 - 2017 Mustang owners to trade up for a 2018 but that is the rational. The “but hurt” comes from the irrational side of things. Guys, especially if they are young and starting out, are unsure of their place in society. But when they get that first real job they have the money to get a proper new car. Buying the new fast car gives them esteem, one-up-man-ship, rank and even fear from other drivers when they get behind the wheel. A far change from being looked down upon and taking the bus. When I got my first 5.0 it was a car other gear heads feared. You just drove down the road and look; a guy in an RX-7 sees you and takes of down some side street to avoid you. Feels good to have the latest greatest! Then some newer model comes along with slightly better numbers and now you are no longer King of the Road and it hurts. Sort of those who live by the sword die by the sword. This always happens when you can buy your self-esteem as dictated by large advertising concerns. All you have to do is spend thousands and thousands of dollars to trade up and you get your self-esteem back – until the next revisions of course.

Older guys who have their self-worth tied up with their own personal achievements don’t have this “but hurt” because they don’t literally “buy into” the supposed good life the car advertisers want you to buy into. Not one girl ever questioned me about my Mustang being a V6. Frankly they don’t know and don’t care though I am sure there are a few that do (politically correct statement added...). It’s all about the up-sell folks. If my old car broke down right now, I’ll be honest and say I might have gone with a stripper 2018 5.0 as the dealer model now states they will finally bring in the base 5.0, but barring that there is no but hurt here.

That is my little rant on the matter.Sorry for wasting your time.

Last edited:

S7N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 KIA STINGER GT1 AWD
I think it's great the new 18's have more power and torque and to be honest if I could afford it I'd probably get me that new 10 speed but reality is I plan on paying off my 15 GT and eventually buying a Ford Raptor :)
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.