Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
The lockout kit...looks like it's under $200 and it's just a few bolts. I haven't done anything to the rear end on my S550...are any of the parts involved in the install under spring/pressure that I need anything more than a socket/ratchet to do the install?

Thanks for sharing! :)
the lockout kit is pretty straightforward. Just loosen the subframe bolts and replace them one at a time with the new brace. i just had to use a prybar to get the bolt holes lined up on one side.
I did it by myself on jackstands, no problem.

[ame]
Sponsored

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
I needed an A/S tire as well, but didn't want to lose much, if any, performance handling. I went with the Michelin Pilot A/S 3+. If you're looking for a set of tires that will perform well in both summer and winter, these are them. They also work better in warm weather than my summer P-Zeros did.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
[ame]

sldghmr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP (x2), 2016 F-150 XLT
Vehicle Showcase
firstly those tires are just plain rubbish, secondly, when I was younger and dumber, I drove my 500+rwhp (that was good power in the late 90's early 2k's) Fox Saleen all year long on drag radials, and Im still alive, just dont drive like a goon and youll be fine!!!!! I don't get this summer tires are instant death in cold weather, we really have became a nation of wussies..........
Mannnnn, I hear what you're saying, and don't totally disagree, but having experienced the Jeckyle & Hyde nature of the P-zeros, makes me pause. I been driving almost 40 yrs now, all in DC/MD/VA so seen a bit of cold weather. Bought my car in Febuary, and drove it home from the dealer. I'm babying this thing...I mean it's DAY ONE of me having it, I'm no were near use to it's power (prev daily Mustang was a '95 GT w/a few mods, est 250-275hp). From a stop light, just easing off, and did a 270!!! WTF?!?! Yeah, crept home, after thanking God that I didn't wreck MINUTES after leaving the dealer...parked it and didn't drive it for three weeks :lol:

Sponsored

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
I spun out a previous car, in my driveway, with the 275 RE050A's back around 2010 before I knew or believed what they say about summer tires. Pulled up after almost wrecking all the way home in 1" of snow, made it about half way up a miniscule 2 degree incline before it spun and slid back down the driveway. That was my ah-ha moment with Summers.

articrandom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang
Same problem here. Never had experienced summer performance tires until I got my Mustang with the same exact tires as yours. So as you can expect, not really knowledgeable about summer tires.
Second day of owning the car, driving back my date on 25-30 degree weather, within a couple minutes of starting the car in the morning, took a slight turn at 30mph and the rear end fishtails all over the place. She screamed like there was no tomorrow, it wasn't even that bad but man, wasn't it fun...
Anyway, I decided I needed new tires seconds after that.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
If you are planning on driving it at all in the winter, at the least run a good AS as suggested. If not, tires like the Firestone Indy 500 and the PSS or PS4S are much, much better in the cold weather. You can drive it normally without worry in the cool and dry. I am changing over to my winter tires next week, but the Bridgestone RE760s I have (same/nearly same compound as Indy 500s) have been fine in the cold mornings so far.

I would definitely recommend the lockout kit for the reduction in hop and the handling benefits.

sr1200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Vert
You guys really like the DWS06, are you running them year round or just winter? Holy guacamole These P Zero's suck in cold!!!

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You guys really like the DWS06, are you running them year round or just winter? Holy guacamole These P Zero's suck in cold!!!
All year long. This is my second car with them and I can't be more pleased.

Sponsored

sr1200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Vert
All year long. This is my second car with them and I can't be more pleased.
With the GT and the Power Pack 2, I should be close to 460 Hp... how's that DWS06 in the summer with that? In second in the curves? ??

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
With the GT and the Power Pack 2, I should be close to 460 Hp... how's that DWS06 in the summer with that? In second in the curves? ??
They're no track tire but they do fine for spirited driving.

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
Seems like the DWS 06's are the most popular upgrades by far for all-seasons with different versions of the Pilots for runners up.

I do drive 100% of the time on dry pavement. But for the chilly days of early Spring and late fall, I'm done with Summer only tires. I need something that'll be fun and safe to drive.

So right now it looked liked a squared off set of DWS 06's on LMR SVE Drift rims for the spring....whenever they are back in stock.

EDIT: Also, I usually order tires, take the wheels off my 02 Forester or 06 Legacy and have wal-mart mount and balance them...even provide my own stems. However, these use a sensor and need to be programmed to the car right? How does that work? What sensors do I need to buy and how are they installed/programmed?

Thanks!

Last edited:

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Seems like the DWS 06's are the most popular upgrades by far for all-seasons with different versions of the Pilots for runners up.

I do drive 100% of the time on dry pavement. But for the chilly days of early Spring and late fall, I'm done with Summer only tires. I need something that'll be fun and safe to drive.

So right now it looked liked a squared off set of DWS 06's on LMR SVE Drift rims for the spring....whenever they are back in stock.

EDIT: Also, I usually order tires, take the wheels off my 02 Forester or 06 Legacy and have wal-mart mount and balance them...even provide my own stems. However, these use a sensor and need to be programmed to the car right? How does that work? What sensors do I need to buy and how are they installed/programmed?

Thanks!
What summer tires were you using? My MPSS have been good to me even in chilly temps (around 35F and up) theyre usable.

If you're running 2 separate sets of wheels you'll need to buy a set of TPMS sensors for our cars. You can get them through PK Auto Design or American Muscle, etc. If you're only running one set of wheels you can have the shop remove the sensors in your existing wheels and install them into the new ones. A set is usually around $100 and they do NOT need to be programmed. Once you drive with the new sensors for ~20mi the car will sense them and "seld-program". No need to buy a programmer.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Thanks!
If you get another set of the OE sensors they'll sync right up. The other brands will too, but I've seen bigger reported pressure deltas to a gauge when those sensors are used.
Sponsored