Sponsored

Evaporator went out

2015V6Fla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP Premium MT6
Interesting. I hadn't seen anything about snowflake type things in any of these threads. I wonder if it was a piece of frost coming off the interior somewhere inside the vents?
I saw white flakes on occasion out of my peripheral vision but couldn’t find them when I had a chance to really look. Then I had a sizable one land on my arm and watched it dissolve. It wasn’t big enough, nor did it last long enough (gone within 5 seconds, or so) for me to tell whether it was cold, hot, slimy, dry, etc.

The A/C is blowing nice, and cold, now thanks to a new evaporator assembly (p/n FR3Z-19850-W for those keeping score) and a Freon recharge.
Gary Yeomans Ford in Daytona Beach did a good job and kept me in the loop nicely.
Sponsored

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
Dealer replaced the blend door actuator and it seems to have worked. For how long......:shrug: Will keep all updated if it goes south again.

EcoBoostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Mine is now out again, 2nd time in 10,000 miles. Scheduling service for first week of December.

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Mine is now out again, 2nd time in 10,000 miles. Scheduling service for first week of December.
Did your second replacement have this new number? FR3Z*19850*Y Problem is supposed to be resolved.

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
According to the dealership, there was a leak in the system from a small line off of condenser. They replaced the line and recharged the AC. Blowing cold again.

Sponsored

Marcmf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost 15
Mustang 15 Ecoboost owner with only 15000 miles. Last week was my 3rd time going back to the dealership for a/c issues, the 2nd for the evaporator.

Is this ever going to stop? Is there anything else we can do? As soon as I am out of warranty I will be screwed.

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
My warranty invoice indicates: A/C Compressor "coming apart" but no Evaporator issue found.
I had asked...

Air conditioning compressor began emitting an rpm-dependent whine last week.
Mine starting doing this last week. Going in on Thursday to get fixed. I'm hoping it's just the compressor so it can be a less costly repair since I'm out of warranty.

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Mine starting doing this last week. Going in on Thursday to get fixed. I'm hoping it's just the compressor so it can be a less costly repair since I'm out of warranty.
Did they do the UV dye test? Mine started to whine too with A/C compressor on. It was the evaporator coil. The whine was due to low freon pressure.

EcoBoostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Did your second replacement have this new number? FR3Z*19850*Y Problem is supposed to be resolved.
I will have to look at the paperwork, thanks for the part number.

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Did they do the UV dye test? Mine started to whine too with A/C compressor on. It was the evaporator coil. The whine was due to low freon pressure.
Going in tomorrow. I'm fearing the worst. I've already decided I'm trading it in after getting it fixed since it seems to be a recurring isue. Just trying to figure out what I want.

Sponsored

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Going in tomorrow. I'm fearing the worst. I've already decided I'm trading it in after getting it fixed since it seems to be a recurring isue. Just trying to figure out what I want.
I hit the jackpot! Evaporator, compressor, and condensor! $3400 to fix everything. I'm saying goodbye to Ford forever. Already have my eyes on a Lexus GS350 F Sport. I've owned a 2000 Lincoln LS with A/C issues, this Mustang, and my parents had 2 Volvo XC90's in the mid 2000s that were both lemon lawed, one due to A/C and another due to electrical issues. 4 data points is enough for me to say no more.

EcoBoostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just got mine back... it was a V part number, service agent said it's the 3rd engineering update to the unit.

ximportdriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Prem PP Lightning Blue
2017 GT. 12,500 miles. Left side vents blowing hot; right side vents blowing colder.

Not in warranty. Woof.

mustangenthusiast25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang Gt Premium