Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Guys,
I wanted to officially introduce myself. I have been on the forums for almost a year now and purchased a 2016 GT Premium DIB the end of September 2016. I purchased the car in Missouri as I had a hard time finding the DIB color with the dark saddle leather interior I was looking for. I am finding out now why this car is getting rave reviews...it is so much fun to drive. Sadly I have it in storage now as i do not want to put it through the Wisconsin Winters. We had a good stretch of nice weather so I was able to drive the vehicle up until a week ago... With the long winter ahead I figured I should start be putting together a project journal for all of the mods I have in mind for spring! Here are just a few pictures of it stock direct from the dealership in Missouri. I will be posting more photos and updating the mod's list on this first post as i go.

CHRONOLOGICAL MODIFICATION LIST:
Steeda Clutch Spring
SR Performance Aluminum Billet Clutch Pedal Extension
Sound Tube Delete (Blowfish)
Barton Hybrid 3 Short Throw Shifter
Steeda Vertical Links
Steeda Subframe Alignment Kit
Eibach Pro Lowering Springs
MMD by Foose V Series Spoiler
Dynamat Trunk Liner
Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust
Modesta Ceramic Coating
Xpel Paint Protection Film (front bumper fascia)
Llyod's Tri-Bar Pony Trunk Mat
Llumar CTX Ceramic Window Tint 50%/Air80 Windshield
14695380_848699605267442_804902678946476810_n.jpg
FB_IMG_1476042789167.jpg
20160930_134753_001.jpg
14522240_10207344718045106_653923091_o.jpg
20160930_122424.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Excited to follow your build buddy! Congratulations on your gorgeous Coyote!
Thanks Brandon! getting setup with photobucket now so I can upload some more photos...

cgreen5150

cgreen5150
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, Premium, PP, Recaros
Looking forward to seeing what you do with it. I love that color and with the saddle interior.... very nice. I guess I'm lucky to live in a state where the weather never gets too terrible. I would HATE to have to put my car in storage for the winter! Have fun with it bud.

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Looking forward to seeing what you do with it. I love that color and with the saddle interior.... very nice. I guess I'm lucky to live in a state where the weather never gets too terrible. I would HATE to have to put my car in storage for the winter! Have fun with it bud.
Thanks Chris! I appreciate it. Will post interior pictures soon... I do envy you and the rest of the CA group having great weather to ride year long....I just stored it last week and I am already counting the days... I was driving last night in the mini van with my wife and I mentioned my countdown of how many days until April.. she said I have to stop thinking about it or I am never going to make it.....:crazy:.:frusty:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Here are some Photos of the Dark Saddle interior and the exterior after a full detail and paint correction. The detail is about a 90% correction. I am still deciding upon a ceramic coating. I have narrowed it down to Cquartz Finest and Modesta
20161021_182712.jpg
20161021_182740.jpg
20161021_182756.jpg

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Exterior Photos after detail and paint correction PLUS some Autumn/Leaf shots taken by my son when he was out in the country....
14650177_848699585267444_8712381056214228251_n.jpg
20161021_182702.jpg
20161021_182721.jpg
2016102995171204.jpg
VZM.IMG_20161029_165941.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
A bit of history regarding my interest in the Mustangs. My father loved to collect things; as a gift to us kids he kept the Reader Digest issue of our month and date of birth. In my case that would be May of 1965. I remember looking through the edition many years later and seeing the ad for the 65 Ford Mustang. I fell in love with the style and always hoped to be able to obtain one during my high school years. As it turns out that was not a reality and so I had to settle for a 1972 Ford Maverick (blue) which was a great car, but not the Mustang I hoped for.. Here are a few pictures from the publication along with a picture of me at 18 with my Maverick
CCI11212016.jpg
CCI11212016_0001.jpg
CCI11212016_0002.jpg
lw1983_v2.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Here is a quick list of the modifications I have planned for Phase 1
Any input on brands or additional suggestions are welcome.
:)

-Ceramic Coating/Paint Correction- Modesta/Cquartz Finest
-Steeda Assist Clutch Spring
-Clutch Pedal Extension aluminum billet from AM?
-Borla "S Type" Cat Back exhaust system
-Hood Struts
-Lowering springs- Eibach Pro Kit?
-MMD V-Series rear spoiler
-Sound Tube Delete- Boomba Racing Sound Tube Delete Kit?
-Cold Air Intake- AirRaid
-Tune- Lund/Bama/Flex Fuel?

Last edited:

cgreen5150

cgreen5150
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Lorne that detail job looks amazing. I love the saddle interior - awesome! Such a shame it looks that good but can't be driven until April. Man, that would kill me. And your wife is right. Try not to think about it - good luck with that! I love the history of your dad and you with the Mustang. I was born in September of '65 so of course I told myself when I turn 50 I would get a 2015 Mustang to celebrate 50 years of the greatest car ever built. I made it until March of '15. lol My dad worked for Ford for 43 years so you know how I grew up... Looking forward to the mods. By the way, I have had Eibach Pro Kit springs on all my Mustangs and love them. I would go with the Steeda IRS subframe kit and either their Gtrac bar or BMR's K member brace at a minimum with the springs. Just my two cents.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Lorne that detail job looks amazing. I love the saddle interior - awesome! Such a shame it looks that good but can't be driven until April. Man, that would kill me. And your wife is right. Try not to think about it - good luck with that! I love the history of your dad and you with the Mustang. I was born in September of '65 so of course I told myself when I turn 50 I would get a 2015 Mustang to celebrate 50 years of the greatest car ever built. I made it until March of '15. lol My dad worked for Ford for 43 years so you know how I grew up... Looking forward to the mods. By the way, I have had Eibach Pro Kit springs on all my Mustangs and love them. I would go with the Steeda IRS subframe kit and either their Gtrac bar or BMR's K member brace at a minimum with the springs. Just my two cents.
Thanks Chris, good to know I'm not the only "old" guy on the forum going through a late mid life crisis ...actually we aren't that old, but there are quite a few young guys on these posts so it makes me feel a bit old.... I will survive the winter and it will be a glorious spring when I have the Mustang to look forward to. Maybe i'll get lucky and get it out in March. Thanks for the tips on the additional suspension parts. I have been wondering about that as the advice goes back and forth regarding the necessity for sway bars, an alignment, vertical links, and camber adjustment parts. Not sure what combination is needed to ensure proper fitment and durabiity of the system. I've been told that if you are only dropping 1" you don't need to worry about too much. Still trying to sort it all out and decide how much to spend on external (cosmetic) vs internal mods this coming year. I know the exhaust, lowering the car and the clutch accessories are a must. I love the car, but having a hard time with the clutch feel and my seating position as I am on the shorter side. I've read that the steeda clutch spring makes a world of difference. Thanks again for all of your input and encouragement!

cgreen5150

cgreen5150
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
LOL I feel 'ya on the "old" stuff. Most of the time I don't think 51 is old, but then there are some days.... As for parts, if lowering it at all I would recommend an alignment. It won't be off much with the Prokit, but still best to have it right. If your just keeping it a daily driver then some of the other suspension parts are not "needed" in my opinion, and depending on the part, may make the ride more harsh and/or noisy. I can tell you from experience that the IRS braces and the K member brace do make a nice difference you can feel. I am also on the shorter side and while I didn't have an issue with the clutch feel originally, with all the talk of how great the Steeda clutch spring is, I got one and did the 5 minute install. I actually had to re-learn the feel of the clutch pedal engagement ! But I have to say, it is definitely better than stock. Great bang for your buck. Pair that with the Steeda shifter and it's sooo much better than stock. The cold air intake with a tune is also a great investment. I definitely felt the difference after that install. I went with the JLT and Bama tune, but as you may have noticed on the forums, everyone has their own opinion on what is the best CAI. I'm waiting to get my car back from the dealer's service dept. (hopefully today, long story), and I will be doing some data logging to see if that makes any difference on the tune. It's free, so why not. As for sway bars, I'm on the fence on those. I have the PP so it already has different ones than a non PP, and I'm sure it would make a difference, but not sure it's worth the price. I have taken mine out to Thunderhill Raceway a few times and it does just fine with the few mods I have done - passing cars that are 2-3 times what mine cost! You will be putting the new parts on through the winter so it's good to go when the weather is nice, right?

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I'm 6' tall with regular-length legs and use a clutch pedal extension... haha. Thing sinks down like 300 feet back without it. Annoying.

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks again Chris. I was torn as to whether I should purchase the PP. I did some pre-purchase test driving of a PP and found the suspension too stiff and the brakes too touchy compared to the comfortable ride of the standard premium. I would say that 90% of my driving is going to be daily commute to the office, weekend excursions, back country roads, etc. I would like to take it to some track day events this next year that are put on by groups like the Mustang Club of America or other local/regional groups I can find. I do notice with mine a bit of body roll and the squat and nose dive when accelerating/braking even in normal sprited driving (we have lots of round abouts and curvy country roads). I was looking to lower the car and add a few suspension parts to help with that and make the center of gravity lower. I guess I'm looking for the best possible performance while still maintaining that comfortable quiet ride I have now. I know you can't have everything, but If I can find that happy medium I will be happy! Appreciate the advice about the alignment- I will definitely do that... I also have a shifter replacement on the horizon--been looking at the Steeda or the MGW. I will try to get as many done before spring as possible. I don't have the proper lift equipment that many guys do. My son knows the owner of a performance shop in our area and may just take it there for a few of the more complicated items- but not sure if I want to wake it from hibernation to take it in unless we get great weather in the spring. We'll have to wait and see! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I'm 6' tall with regular-length legs and use a clutch pedal extension... haha. Thing sinks down like 300 feet back without it. Annoying.
I have heard that same comment regardng taller people appreciating the clutch pedal extension. My son is almost 6 ft tall and he mentioned that he would have like to set back further as the angle of his leg/foot was not comfortable--he wished he was back just a bit more...
Sponsored