Sponsored

Group Buy: Steeda Billet Rear Shock Mounts (top mounts)

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
yay all ordered. confused him though as manders you gave him 473 Amherst St. I gave him 472 Amherst St. :)

which on google maps makes yours a dunkin donuts and mine a childrens play place
Fuck... yes it's 472. I'll call and correct when i next speak. Typo'd.

Did you send it to my stackry? Or you got an acct too :lol:
Sponsored

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Mines just going through at the moment. Jigars informed me that we'll need the 555-8160 (part #) for the pedders conversion.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Mines just going through at the moment. Jigars informed me that we'll need the 555-8160 (part #) for the pedders conversion.
i have my own account got some other stuff coming for xmas anyway so putting it all in one one shipping.

also you shouldn't 8160 as nige has made the conversion part and the pedders shaft is 13mm not 12mm iirc anyway steeda don't do a part that fits the pedders at the moment although interestingly 555 8161 does fit BC (who make the pedders kits) but anyway we won't need any of the parts just the mount its self nige's part does the rest.

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
also you shouldn't 8160 as nige has made the conversion part and the pedders shaft is 13mm not 12mm iirc anyway steeda don't do a part that fits the pedders at the moment although interestingly 555 8161 does fit BC (who make the pedders kits) but anyway we won't need any of the parts just the mount its self nige's part does the rest.
I had all this earlier (to add to the fun). No consistency of information out there.

I have KW V1's - they're currently fitted into the stock mounts so you''d expect they'd also fit into 8151's which are stock replacements... but 8151's are 10x1.5mm according to Steeda US. Spoke to Guy @ Nemesis on chat and he thinks KW V1's are likely 10x1.0mm thread (as are the V3 and Clubsports), confirmed when I spoke to Christoph @ KW (Germany) on chat. Steeda UK say 8161's are 'tuned' for KW coilovers, but they're 10mm sleeved and not threaded, Steeda US say 8160 for KW V3 and other 10x1.0mm shocks... but also mention KW in the header text on the listing for 8161's, but not in the additional text below relating to which mount is suitable for which type of shock.. confused... you should be!

I just ordered 8160's and if I need to get the inserts machined or new ones made then that's the way it'll have to be... has just gotten too complicated for me to care anymore!

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
yep its complicated as fuck thats why I just waited for nige to get pedders and let him make something that fits :)

Sponsored

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
yay all ordered. confused him though as manders you gave him 473 Amherst St. I gave him 472 Amherst St. :)

which on google maps makes yours a dunkin donuts and mine a childrens play place
That'll confuse the staff at the respective premises :D !

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
i have my own account got some other stuff coming for xmas anyway so putting it all in one one shipping.

yeah it makes no difference in price whether it's 8160 or not. just whack niges spaces on whichever it is and good to go. the mount is the same on them all, it's just differing spacers inside isn't it?

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
yeah it makes no difference in price whether it's 8160 or not. just whack niges spaces on whichever it is and good to go. the mount is the same on them all, it's just differing spacers inside isn't it?
yep so buy the cheapest :) and use nige's bits and still be 30-40 in pocket vs buying the mounts from the uk he asked me why i didn't just contact robbie at steeda uk and I had to explain its because they were basically charging double the price.

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
yep so buy the cheapest :) and use nige's bits and still be 30-40 in pocket vs buying the mounts from the uk he asked me why i didn't just contact robbie at steeda uk and I had to explain its because they were basically charging double the price.
I did contact robbie, that's this threads purpose, but same company, way less, less effort, why not :shrug:

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
we should have held off buying them until today :( exchange rate was 1.32 yesterday 1.33 today would have been even cheaper :) since you know you're a tight arse

Sponsored

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
Quite unbelievably... my stuff (shock mounts, adj. sway bar endlinks, plus a host of freebies) was delivered to me in FL this morning. That's less than 24 hours from ordering, and just 18 hours, to get from Valdosta (GA) to Haines City (FL)... well impressed, and happy again now!

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
haha there's so many other bits I want but got a problem with a rental property so gotta pay to get that fixed now :( bang goes my stang upgrades until the new year now :(

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
we should have held off buying them until today :( exchange rate was 1.32 yesterday 1.33 today would have been even cheaper :) since you know you're a tight arse
Rather be a tight arse than have my rectum hanging out... AYYYY!!!! ;)!

Serious note, mine and [MENTION=24982]anubis[/MENTION] ' aint arrived at my stackry, but at the rate above, expecting them by Friday. Order confirmed. Very happy with the care from tj and from Jig :cool:!

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
my fedex tracking number says its arriving there on Sat 11/25/2017 by end of day

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
my fedex tracking number says its arriving there on Sat 11/25/2017 by end of day
Actually, mine does to.. didn't bother to check that... In fact only just saw the email lol!
Sponsored