Sponsored

Dealer offered 27k for my 15

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
As an ex car salesman we played this game nonstop. Moved numbers around to confuse the customer into thinking they were getting a good deal.

Why I always negotiate the trade and purchase as two separate transactions.
I usually just walk in and say I am only spending $ amount of money OTD so you either do it or I walk out.
I don't care how they move the numbers around.
Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I've always done that as well so I knew exactly what all the moving parts were. I never let them get away with it and if they try that, I just tell them to be straight with me because I'm playing them too as they're trying to play me and we both know that.

Vato

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Saleen White Label
Vehicle Showcase
If I was offered $28k on my Saleen with less than 5k miles at that time, you're getting over on the dealer in that respect. On the purchase side, they may be making it up.

Sponsored

5.0AVP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rapid Red 401A PP1 GT
I was just offered 22k on trade for my 15 premium GT manual. That's with an extra set of wheels and tires. 31k miles. They said the car was immaculate but because of winter it is what it is. So yeah, 27 seems pretty good to me lol.

Sash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
As an ex car salesman we played this game nonstop. Moved numbers around to confuse the customer into thinking they were getting a good deal.

bingo!! thy always try to pull that SH%$ on me, i always say lets forget about my trade in and payments, lets talk OTD price.lol thy hate that, thy have no way to fool you that way.
here you go
#1 negotiate OTD price
#2 negotiate your trade in
#3 finance with your own bank or credit union...
in my case i finance my own cars i dont pay sh@# to the bank.
this way thy have no chance to mix the numbers and make you look like you getting a good deal......

z31maniac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
bingo!! thy always try to pull that SH%$ on me, i always say lets forget about my trade in and payments, lets talk OTD price.lol thy hate that, thy have no way to fool you that way.
here you go
#1 negotiate OTD price
#2 negotiate your trade in
#3 finance with your own bank or credit union...
in my case i finance my own cars i dont pay sh@# to the bank.
this way thy have no chance to mix the numbers and make you look like you getting a good deal......
You realize you can still get the same deal on financing with your CU if you let the dealership take their cut.......and then you get a better on on the overall price.

Dealer - We use, TFCU we can finance you through there.
Me- Cool story bro, match their % rate and you get the deal.

I've gotten the deal everytime. I think over the last 10 years between me and my ex-wife there has been something like 8 cars purchased from new/used lots.

This sounds like the same stuff when people claim paying cash is better than getting an interest lower than inflation and keeping your cash to invest.

Tell me more Warren Buffet.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP

Very wise.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Cracks me up every time people claim they do this or that with car dealers. There a business, have to make money. Just like all of us who go to work, no different. At the end of the day all the bs of do this do that, means squat. If you are happy with the deal you achieved, thats all that matters.

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Thats a great idea as long as the purchaser can get financing and complete the sale without the actual trade having to be completed.

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
As an ex car salesman we played this game nonstop. Moved numbers around to confuse the customer into thinking they were getting a good deal ...
I was your nemesis.

I laid out the researched numbers for both trade and new car, then gave the salesman 5 minutes to get there.

No dice, no sale. Walked out and either they called me back and acquiesced, or I closed the deal elsewhere.

I usually just walk in and say I am only spending $ amount of money OTD so you either do it or I walk out.
I don't care how they move the numbers around.
^This way.

Cracks me up every time people claim they do this or that with car dealers. There a business, have to make money. Just like all of us who go to work, no different. At the end of the day all the bs of do this do that, means squat. If you are happy with the deal you achieved, thats all that matters.
Perhaps the worst advice I ever heard.

It's not about them "making money", it's about how much money.

It's not about "happiness", that's just an emotion and has no place in financial negotiations.

It's not about the dealership "being a business", it's about getting a fair deal and not being overcharged.

Yikes ...

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
take it and run out and buy an 18 gt premium!!!!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red California Special
That seemed like a great price.
I recently got 15k for 2011 California speci, and it had 65k miles.

Sash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
You realize you can still get the same deal on financing with your CU if you let the dealership take their cut.......and then you get a better on on the overall price.

Dealer - We use, TFCU we can finance you through there.
Me- Cool story bro, match their % rate and you get the deal.

I've gotten the deal everytime. I think over the last 10 years between me and my ex-wife there has been something like 8 cars purchased from new/used lots.

This sounds like the same stuff when people claim paying cash is better than getting an interest lower than inflation and keeping your cash to invest.

Tell me more Warren Buffet.
LOL GREAT FOR YOU!! you the man!
Sponsored