Sponsored

2018 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2018 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
I really would like to order exact car I want. It just sucks that you dont know what financing and incentive offers will exist when the car comes in. This will probably prevent me from ordering. Just worried its going to be really hard to find the exact build I am looking for. But would hate to pass up a 72 month zero finance deal due to ordering. I wish you could lock in incentives and financing at time of order.
When you do order they do lock in the incentives of the time you order it. And then they add on the incentives that are going on when you take delivery of the car. At least that's what I understand.
I say go ahead and order it. You should have it by spring :).
Sponsored

S550Josh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18GT Premium (On order)
I really would like to order exact car I want. It just sucks that you dont know what financing and incentive offers will exist when the car comes in. This will probably prevent me from ordering. Just worried its going to be really hard to find the exact build I am looking for. But would hate to pass up a 72 month zero finance deal due to ordering. I wish you could lock in incentives and financing at time of order.
Your best bet is to finance through a bank of your choosing. I think the best rate you can get at the moment for 72 months is like 5.9 for tier 0-2 at Ford Credit as of today (11/21/2017 in my zip code)
resized.jpg

Cyrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible
The way I was explained to it here at my dealership is that Ford will send out cars before customer ones so that dealers have something to show on the lots. I was wondering how people who ordered their cars right away were getting passed up by these cars that were getting to the lots.
I've learned through this order cycle that retail/customer orders will not be scheduled and built until after the plant receives the 'ok to buy' status. That comes after several days of defect free production. So, the plant builds stock orders for dealers as they ramp up and work out the bugs. Most cars showing up at the dealers right now are stock orders built (and scheduled) before 10/24, the ok to buy date. Customer Orders are being scheduled and built now, thus, we see December deliveries.

Now, some dealers took an actual customer order and called it stock. This is my case. And, it's a crap shoot as it's possible that a stock order, not built before the transition to customer orders, could be delayed. I'm lucky, my car was built before ok to buy. It did get stuck at the plant for 3 weeks, however, as it was not viewed as a priority until the dealer squealed to someone about it. It's in transit now and I should take delivery next week.

Last edited:

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
When you do order they do lock in the incentives of the time you order it. And then they add on the incentives that are going on when you take delivery of the car. At least that's what I understand.
I say go ahead and order it. You should have it by spring :).
This isn't what most dealers do. Usually you only get the incentives available at time of delivery. If your dealer is locking in an incentive that won't be around during delivery, they are basically agreeing to take that hit themselves. Ford doesn't honor anything after the end of promotion date.

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
Blend date is the date when it finish building.
The sticky in this section of the forum says blend date is the date it goes down the assembly line.

Sponsored

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
The sticky in this section of the forum says blend date is the date it goes down the assembly line.
Then why does it have the same date for completing production on cotus?

1FA6P8TH9J5113459 See this for example, blend date is 11/20 and it finished production on 11/20 and even went to awaiting shipment on 11/20.

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
Then why does it have the same date for completing production on cotus?

1FA6P8TH9J5113459 See this for example, blend date is 11/20 and it finished production on 11/20 and even went to awaiting shipment on 11/20.
No idea. I am new to this ordering thing. I can only repeat what I read here.

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No idea. I am new to this ordering thing. I can only repeat what I read here.
Same, I'm just saying what I observed so far, even though the blend date should be the date when it goes into production, the dates pulled up say a different story. And I even search older threads and people have been saying their blend date is mostly the same date or 1-2 days off their completed production date. So either the whole assembly of painted parts and other stuff takes normally less than a day or two and the painting process is counted as "In Production", or the COTUS system can't be trusted at all, or the whole blend date deciphering was wrong all along.

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm just curious why would the order checking system be so poorly designed, I mean first of all why can multiple cars be under the same order number from the same dealer... that's just wrong. If I were to design the order tracking system, the order number would just be the date of the order appended with the which order of the day (e.g. 0001 for first, 0002 for second and so on). And the online checking part is just pulling information out of a database, can't think of why it fails to work some times, I mean the query to the database would stay the same no matter how you change the front end UI, and the database should be the exact same one for the factory and customer. Ford really need to hire some legit computer engineer/computer science people to redesign their system.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
I guess I should call next week to get see if I have a VIN. About how long did that take for you guys after the DORA?

Sponsored

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
My delivery date disappeared like everyone else's a few days ago and hasn't yet come back - did anyone else's come back?

bstreet5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Street
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem OF (on order)
I guess I should call next week to get see if I have a VIN. About how long did that take for you guys after the DORA?
I ordered mine on 11/6 and got my VIN on 11/16. I never saw the DORA or VOC. I'm pretty sure then dealership just reused an order number. When I initially placed the order it showed a completely different vehicle when I looked it up by order number. Then when I checked last Thursday it showed my Mustang and had a VIN. That's my experience thus far FWIW.

Last edited:

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
My delivery date disappeared like everyone else's a few days ago and hasn't yet come back - did anyone else's come back?
Mine hasn't. My allocation week is next week so I'm hoping I see something next week! :)

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Well I re-checked the DORA paperwork they sent me and it has the damn VIN right there. My EDD is 2/13/2018
Sponsored