New hat. New F150. Productive day!

lsiunsuex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mario
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible Premium
Friends 2008? Power Stroke diesel has been on it's way out so we went car shopping yesterday.

8 hours later between a few dealers -
2018 XLT FX4
2.5 V6 ecoboost
Magnetic Grey
Sync 3 / Carplay / Navigation

It's nice. I'm not a huge truck guy but I see the appeal. Heated seats but cloth. The back window opens. No power lift gate. Kept giving him crap - dude, you could be in a M3 for this price... (or a GT convertible). But - he needs a truck. Their gonna spray the bed next week.

(Lease) Sticker was almost 52k. Around 1pm we were at $416 for 12k miles / year / 3 years / 3k down. Then $380 / month. Went to lunch, went to another dealer. Got it down to $367 / month. I don't like to go back and forth like that. Not saying I take the first price, but salesmen gotta eat too, no? Took delivery same day around 7pm at the 2nd dealer from getting there around 330pm so quick! He's not so tech savy so I got his iPhone synced to Carplay and showed him how to use Spotify before we left.

Plus my new hat from the parts department! lol...
IMG_0574.JPG
IMG_0580.JPG
IMG_0578.JPG
Sponsored

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
A lot of people don't realize how pricey some trucks are because they all look largely the same to an untrained eye. F150 can scale from 25k to 70K. We've probably got 25 F250 Platinum's in the parking lot. I just see that as a sea of 1,000 car payments.

OP
OP

lsiunsuex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mario
Vehicle(s)
A lot of people don't realize how pricey some trucks are because they all look largely the same to an untrained eye. F150 can scale from 25k to 70K. We've probably got 25 F250 Platinum's in the parking lot. I just see that as a sea of 1,000 car payments.
I didn't. What is it, 3 different engine options. Xl, XLT, then FX4 or Sport - then the Lariat trim? And obviously a bunch more we didn't even look at. And this is just Ford. I'd assume Chevy, GMC, etc... all have their own array of trims.

We had 4 trucks printed on the desk went from 44k to 52k - literally put them side by side to compare features and see what he was getting for each price (or missing)

Test drove the 2.5 V6, 3.7 V6? and the V8 - he does a little towing but not a lot (2 or 3 times a year) so he went with the 2.5 but the V8 was nice. Damn nice sound.

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
If you can stomach Doug DeMuro's act he did a hilarious review of the 2018 Ford F-250 Platinum. Seriously, there's like 25 of these in the company parking lot. I don't like trucks but not really because off the truck but because I can't see around them and it always seems like I'm stuck behind one in the fast lane.

[ame]

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
I'd sell my Mustang before I gave back the keys to my $70k Raptor. Yeah it's a lot of money but O-M-G do I love being in a lux truck. I tow probably only 5k miles/year but having a truck is just so nice. Mulch, paint, plywood, helping family, snow (who cares how deep)....it goes on and on. Trucks are great.

Sponsored

OP
OP

lsiunsuex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mario
Vehicle(s)
Yeah - after watching that video - kinda want one now. Maybe not as a daily driver, but definitely instead of the SUV. Plus the snow plow in the winter. Bonus.

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
Yeah - after watching that video - kinda want one now. Maybe not as a daily driver, but definitely instead of the SUV. Plus the snow plow in the winter. Bonus.
Visibility is awesome, which is good because braking is average. Not much you won't be able to see over. When I worked downtown we had over size parking just for the big pickup trucks that commuted downtown. I believe it cost $200/mo to have one but it was worth it so they didn't have to squeeze into a regular parking space. Or so I was told.

Armen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Vert
That 2.7L EcoBoost motor is amazing. I had it in my 2015 super cab and that thing hauled a**. Extremely impressive motor.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Friends 2008? Power Stroke diesel has been on it's way out so we went car shopping yesterday.

8 hours later between a few dealers -
2018 XLT FX4
2.5 V6 ecoboost
Magnetic Grey
Sync 3 / Carplay / Navigation

It's nice. I'm not a huge truck guy but I see the appeal. Heated seats but cloth. The back window opens. No power lift gate. Kept giving him crap - dude, you could be in a M3 for this price... (or a GT convertible). But - he needs a truck. Their gonna spray the bed next week.

(Lease) Sticker was almost 52k. Around 1pm we were at $416 for 12k miles / year / 3 years / 3k down. Then $380 / month. Went to lunch, went to another dealer. Got it down to $367 / month. I don't like to go back and forth like that. Not saying I take the first price, but salesmen gotta eat too, no? Took delivery same day around 7pm at the 2nd dealer from getting there around 330pm so quick! He's not so tech savy so I got his iPhone synced to Carplay and showed him how to use Spotify before we left.

Plus my new hat from the parts department! lol...

Nice truck!!! I love my 2013 FX4 luxury package. I have the 3.5 TT and love it. Great motors, but I miss the V8 sound. When I remote start mine I can’t hear it so I have to look see the lights on. :doh:

When Ford went with the 2015 model, they changed the trim levels/packages. Mine is a FX4 trim level, not a package attached to a trim level. Ford should have kept it that way IMO......but life goes on.

As far as sales people having to eat, I agree, but if the sales guy couldn’t do it and make money, he probably wouldn’t have.

And nice hat BTW....:ford:

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
I'd sell my Mustang before I gave back the keys to my $70k Raptor. Yeah it's a lot of money but O-M-G do I love being in a lux truck. I tow probably only 5k miles/year but having a truck is just so nice. Mulch, paint, plywood, helping family, snow (who cares how deep)....it goes on and on. Trucks are great.
I follow Doug but hadn't seen this one. Or skipped it because I generally hate trucks. Great video if your a Raptor fan.

[ame]
Sponsored