Sponsored

2019 GT500 Mustang New Spy Video, Pics, Info

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
I mean, really, what's more satisfying than every competitor standing there going, "Crap, what are we gonna do now?"

I don't see the new LT5 from the ZR1 going into the 1LE, so...
I doubt the Camaro gets the LT5 as well. Can you answer, I think the majority of us believe it’s going to be 5.2 CPC SC roots based design. Are we wrong?
Sponsored

Helicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' gt350
Go somewhere else? I'd be happy to stop posting anything and go retract everything. I don't get anything for providing info, so maybe, yeah. :frusty::tsk:
The excruciating wait and dribble of information is enough to make me want to suck start my gun. That being said, there aren't a whole lot of reliable sources that post accurate information about the new SE mustang, so it is always refreshing to hear from Bmac. I think most everyone who has been lurking in these threads for awhile realize Bmac walks a tight rope with the info that is given and any info is better than no info and appreciated. Detroit auto show can't come soon enough .... There is either going to be fireworks or mutiny :popcorn:

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I mean, really, what's more satisfying than every competitor standing there going, "Crap, what are we gonna do now?"

I don't see the new LT5 from the ZR1 going into the 1LE, so...
Thanks for the Juicy tidbits :):thumbsup:
I figured the hellcat and ZL1 would be toast. Wasn't sure about the ZL1 L1E, so I'm glad Ford will be socking it to that as well. Sounds like its gonna really scream on the track. NOW, I'm hoping the thing looks good cause we can't be driving around a turd looking vehicle, like the demon (I have a good feeling it wont have slapped on lip quarters though).
Now, I realize the demon/hellcat crowed will be saying "it can't beat a demon though"
hehehe...we'll see about that. Not on a strip with race gas, i'm sure, but on 93 pump gas on a shitty street surface? Hmmm... we'll see how that works out.
I'm hoping the car made the cut to under 4,000 lbs, or we can option out the back seats. I don't use them anyway, no sense on lugging the weight around.
Also hoping its got the DCT, but any auto would do for me. I'd just like to have an auto in this one...for mash the gas and hold on thrill/repeatable performance without lockout.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the Juicy tidbits :):thumbsup:
I figured the hellcat and ZL1 would be toast. Wasn't sure about the ZL1 L1E, so I'm glad Ford will be socking it to that as well. Sounds like its gonna really scream on the track. NOW, I'm hoping the thing looks good cause we can't be driving around a turd looking vehicle, like the demon (I have a good feeling it wont have slapped on lip quarters though).
Now, I realize the demon/hellcat crowed will be saying "it can't beat a demon though"
hehehe...we'll see about that. Not on a strip with race gas, i'm sure, but on 93 pump gas on a shitty street surface? Hmmm... we'll see how that works out.
I'm hoping the car made the cut to under 4,000 lbs, or we can option out the back seats. I don't use them anyway, no sense on lugging the weight around.
Also hoping its got the DCT, but any auto would do for me. I'd just like to have an auto in this one...for mash the gas and hold on thrill/repeatable performance without lockout.
I think you'll be happy on all fronts, though I concede I don't know much about looks. I hope they use more similar to a GT350 front end than the '18 refresh, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Doubt it but I would think that plans are already in the making for the S650 and AWD performance vehicle.
As much as I don’t like seeing electrics take over gas, there should be some earth shattering 0-60s coming in 5 years
Thinking the one coming gets under 3.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Wonder if AWD will make an appearance before the S650 to put the power down??
I have not a clue where you'd put an AWD system in this car considering how much (or lack there of) room there is under the chassis.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
My complete guess is that the S650 will be battery-driven on the front and gas on the back but that's pure speculation.

I keep wanting to put a S/C on my existing car but the point is really moot as on heavy throttle I can spin now as it is.

We're at the point now in power/torque where AWD is the only option left unless you neuter the torque like Whipples flight control can do (a great feature btw, albeit a band-aid really).

Sponsored

Driver 8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
335i Coupe
I think you'll be happy on all fronts, though I concede I don't know much about looks. I hope they use more similar to a GT350 front end than the '18 refresh, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
I'm hoping the suspension retains the everyday drivability that the GT350 has. Any insight here? Not interested in the teeth-rattling ride of the Camaro.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
I have not a clue where you'd put an AWD system in this car considering how much (or lack there of) room there is under the chassis.
What's different than say an Audi S5 with Quattro or any other vehicle with AWD? There may be no room, I honestly couldn't tell you ... Engineers may wait 'til the next Gen and bake that AWD capability into the chassis but who knows ....

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
to me s650 is the mustang that will keep allowing them to sell in the EU markets , especially once the cities follow Paris’s lead with IC engines... still far off

still room for a big gas guzzling monster like what i’m hearing ... especially if it will catch the others with their pants down ... their HP numbers aren’t that low either ;)

any word about a new formal racing program to go with the new car ? maybe a revamp of project silver? the 350 racing programs were surprising and a formal (read heavily advertised) program will really add that creme de la creme/last touch to a full on package.

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
Wonder if AWD will make an appearance before the S650 to put the power down??
Until a few pages ago I would’ve said NO, but with Bmac mentioning a SE car in 2021 (that he seemed hyped about) that would take it to the next level, I would say maybe. Maybe the TT V8 we’ve all been looking for with AWD. And probably a 90-100 bass price!!
Sponsored