Sponsored

Preview: Diode Dynamics LED Turn Signal Housings!

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
So, I noticed that originally the price was listed at $180, but via editing previous posts that's been removed from everywhere except for where you were quoted in other peoples posts.

I was in at $180, but $220 is a bit rich for me when competitors are closer to the $180 price. My guess is that you thought you'd be done end of June, and the additional manual labor is being fed back into the cost.
We never had a price confirmed on these, I'm sorry for any confusion. We had to make some adjustments to our expectations, based on the end costs of all components. We ended up increasing power and LED count internally, switching to an OEM style connector rather than a bulb connector, improving the selection switch for ease of use, adding extra heatsinking internally... many small changes that added up as we finalized everything. Retail on these will be at $220.

As many will see soon, these are in a different class in terms of design, output, and performance compared to the other option on the market. Going with a cheaper option is certainly a personal choice though, if you prefer to save a few bucks. Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
It says on the lethal website, "Optional DRL mode provides high output for daytime visibility". Maybe you need a harness to use these lights as a DRL with more output during the day?
That's correct, these lights can be activated with an extremely bright DRL mode for daytime visibility.

There is an extra input wire on the lamps for this signal. The optional DRL harness is a set of OEM connector harnesses, for plug-and-play easy connection to the correct wire in your headlight harness on either side. Thanks!

CompOface

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Comp Orange / Daily 2010 F-150 5.4L
Worth the extra coin for the OEM connector, improved heat sink, and just a better looking unit that other options IMO. Member posts here (I was one of them) asked for the OEM connection when it was offered... nothing is free right.

I like the new website by the way, the vehicle selection works much smoother now. Now just can't wait to see these show up on the site!

nrothaar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Race Red
Wouldn't it be possible to just modify the as-is configuration so that these are activated as DRLs? Or is the optional harness necessary?

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Nick, I'm still anxiously awaiting these and I will always spend a few extra $ for better quality, no cheap crap on my ride! Silly question, can you share how any bulb replacement would be handled in the new housing?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Nick, I'm still anxiously awaiting these and I will always spend a few extra $ for better quality, no cheap crap on my ride! Silly question, can you share how any bulb replacement would be handled in the new housing?
The new housing is 100% LED, so there are no bulbs per say. It's a plug & play unit with an LED array designed specifically with optical software to be DOT compliant.

Thanks!
Nick C.

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Wouldn't it be possible to just modify the as-is configuration so that these are activated as DRLs? Or is the optional harness necessary?
You can indeed connect/solder the wire yourself. The harness just makes it plug and play. Thanks!

nrothaar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Race Red

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
The new housing is 100% LED, so there are no bulbs per say. It's a plug & play unit with an LED array designed specifically with optical software to be DOT compliant.

Thanks!
Nick C.
You can indeed connect/solder the wire yourself. The harness just makes it plug and play. Thanks!
The fact that they are plug and play is great. Will these be available for the European Mustang too and, if yes, are they going to be plug and play as well or we will have to do some splicing?

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
The fact that they are plug and play is great. Will these be available for the European Mustang too and, if yes, are they going to be plug and play as well or we will have to do some splicing?
Our engineering team is working on the EU-compatibility, but it's unlikely they will be available when the product is initially launched.

We will keep EU-customers updated though!

Thanks,
Nick C.

Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)

Thanks!
Nick C.
Nick,

What if an LED goes out is what I'm asking. Are there replaceable parts? Could I buy new LEDs to replace them or would I have to replace the fixture?

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Nick,

What if an LED goes out is what I'm asking. Are there replaceable parts? Could I buy new LEDs to replace them or would I have to replace the fixture?
The unit would be replaced under warranty.

Thanks!
Nick C.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
The unit would be replaced under warranty.

Thanks!
Nick C.
What a great response! I wasn't expecting that but not surprised. That's what you get with a quality product. I can't wait to get these. I was really hoping for a Black Friday deal, now hoping for Christmas.

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
What a great response! I wasn't expecting that but not surprised. That's what you get with a quality product. I can't wait to get these. I was really hoping for a Black Friday deal, now hoping for Christmas.
I can assure you they will be worth the wait! It's an OEM quality product

Nick C.

Kinjirra

I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red GT W/PP, 401a
Vehicle Showcase
Hope these come out soon. one of my switchbacks burned out and another of the LEDS for the side marker went out. Going back to amber so I don't get a ticket.

Hate to have to get new switchbacks or a competitors product to fix my ride.
Sponsored