2015 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Hmm if it's not knocking add more timing

Ruiner46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO GT PP
Looks to me like your torque fell off just over 6000 rpm, which caused the horsepower line to flatten out. It could be the knock limiting feature pulling power. Whipple recommends turning that feature off because it pulls throttle. The tune will pull timing instead of throttle to control knock if the feature is turned off.

With my car, knock limiting was pulling power due to being on the edge of what 91 octane could handle (all that's available to me at high altitude). If you don't want to turn the feature off, you could run some higher octane gas, or octanium and see if your torque stops falling off at high rpm. Or find a way to monitor knock and see what's going on.

sublimaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium

Sponsored

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
I got the base kit with no upgrades whatsoever, finally took it to the dyno (after having it for 4/5 months lol) to make sure everything was running well. It put down around 560rwhp/485tq, I was wondering if those were regular numbers since they seem low, and even the owner of the dyno place was surprised and looked up the previous whipple car he had dynoed and it put down 100hp more, but he didn't really know the specs on that car. I left the knock detection/protection on in the whipple software, fuse was pulled for tc.
TURN OFF KNOCK LIMITING, we even state this in the instructions. It clipped at the upper rpm. Turn this off, always.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
TURN OFF KNOCK LIMITING, we even state this in the instructions. It clipped at the upper rpm. Turn this off, always.
Just a question, but why isn't that done on the tune from the get-go?

And what's the risk, if any, of turning it off?

Thanks.

Sponsored
OP
OP
al3x

al3x

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I figured this was what was limiting it, but I wanted to run it how I normally drive the car, no fuel additive or turning things off in the software just for the dyno, I'm happy with the results, I really just thought I had installed it incorrectly or something like that, but if it's the software doing it's thing, that's perfectly fine :)

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
I figured this was what was limiting it, but I wanted to run it how I normally drive the car, no fuel additive or turning things off in the software just for the dyno, I'm happy with the results, I really just thought I had installed it incorrectly or something like that, but if it's the software doing it's thing, that's perfectly fine :)
It will run 100% fine with knock limiting off, we ALWAYS turn off. It is far too sensitive and something I'm working on deleting.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Just more realalistic numbers on what the 3.75 pulley and 93 only fuel should be on a car with stock convertors.Not to say there are not a few more ponies left on that setup.

OP
OP
al3x

al3x

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
It will run 100% fine with knock limiting off, we ALWAYS turn off. It is far too sensitive and something I'm working on deleting.
Oh in that case I'll be sure to turn it off next chance I get. Thanks for the input! I didn't know this

OP
OP
al3x

al3x

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Just more realalistic numbers on what the 3.75 pulley and 93 only fuel should be on a car with stock convertors.Not to say there are not a few more ponies left on that setup.
Yup! But also I don't track the car so seeing what it makes between 5k and 6k rpm's is more realistic to what the car might actually drive at with me driving it anyway haha
Sponsored