Sponsored

What Else With OPG/CS Install

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
Getting lost in if I need new tensioners, upgraded ones, what about upgraded sprocket bolts? Billet tensioners or secondary tensioners? etc etc??

Going to do this as part of my Whipple install, so a new ATI balancer and ARP hardware being used.
Sponsored

OP
OP
TooSoonJunior

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
Sorry not looking for the basic parts list, looking for advice on upgrades to make while I'm in there. Have all the tools, silicone, instructions, damper puller, install bolt, ARP crank bolt.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TooSoonJunior

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
Bump....

I guess to be even more pointed with my question, do I need to replace or upgrade the tensioners and/or guides?

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Don't NEED to do the tensioners/guides, but people with boost or going up into the high RPM ranges do it because you're in there. Might as well if you have the money... would be kind of dumb not to. I mean... it's right there.

As for cams... meh... I haven't seen much to impress me for their price (in NA applications).

OP
OP
TooSoonJunior

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
Agree on the cams comment.

Money isn't really the issue, just don't want to waste it. The MMR billet stuff worth it? Or should I just go factory replacement to refresh everything?

Goal for the car is Whipple stage 2, e85, going for 750-800whp (high end only on kill mode).

I am now running a GT350 full setup and already concerned about rpms, it just pulls endlessly to 7500-7600 in a blink of an eye.

OP
OP
TooSoonJunior

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
Another question I keep searching and cant seem to confirm is that the 2015+ coyote already has the same 302R boss primary tensioners, so it is not an upgrade for my motor to install them. Truth?
Sponsored