Sponsored

BMR vs Steeda low profile jacking rails

saf1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack
The picture below shows the original design prototype from 2014.
Hi BMR Tech - are there any threads or information on your portal regarding the red items at the front of the car? It looks like you are boxing in or stiffening the front end but me being ignorant just wondering what it all ties together.
Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Here are some installed photos that should help you out @melwff
Kelly - you hooked me up with a set of rails awhile back and I have been extremely happy with them on my GT350. I've made numerous modifications as time has passed and I now see that with the switch to a 30 series tire vs the 35's that it came with has reduced clearance between my low rise-lift (when driving over it) and the rails such that I just barely scrub. That said, I'm going to be calling in an order for the newer style. As somebody that fabricated in industry for almost three decades, I love your gear. I can tell your guys have done their fixtures properly as everything is always square and consistent, the welds are top notch, and the engineering behind it all makes sense.

Keep up the good work.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Just came across this review ... very good feedback!

This is a fantastic kit! I installed it just under an hour. I know it does not make your car go any faster but, this is a great addition for peace of mind and practicality. I was having my wheels changed at the Ford Dealership and the technicians said that it was a great kit and they wished it was on the car from the factory. Thank you Steeda!!

Sponsored

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
I will be switching to the BMR low profiles.
Welcome to the team.

Feel free to use the code FS6KA on the BMR site if you want to order direct:thumbsup:

OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hello Forum Members:

We just wanted to update the forum in regards to the OPs review of the Steeda Jacking Rails.

We just had a customer in the shop this past week & they switched to our Steeda Jacking Rails. We can tell you the following:

The Steeda Jacking Rails are indeed 2 lbs. lighter than the competition vs. what the OP had indicated - remember, weight is the enemy of performance!

The Steeda Jacking Rails were designed to be a 1/16" lower than the pinch welds to protect the pinch welds - which is a CRITICAL part of the chassis, from scraping on extremely lowered or bagged vehicles.

Furthermore, the design of the Steeda Jacking Rails will not deform the lower structure of the vehicle by bolting directly up to the belly pan as other jacking rails on the market do.

Just want to make sure the customers get as much info as they need when purchasing these products.

Best of luck in your decision!

Best Regards,

TJ

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Chris Parisi, multi-time champion & 2016 NMRA Driver of the Year has been very happy with them!

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Got a surge of orders late last week for the CJR002.

Those ordering based on this thread, don't forget that you can use the code FS6KA to order these and save some cash. ;)

Sponsored

slink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium,6 Speed, 401A Pkg, Kona Blue
I have the Steeda Rails and like that they protect the pinch rails. My car is lowered and I frequently rub the Steeda rails on speed bumps and what not. I know that when I rub, I'm only scratching the Steeda rails and NOTHING else on my car.

I feel that Steeda should include this in their advertising as one of the benefits of the jacking rails :)

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
I have the Steeda Rails and like that they protect the pinch rails. My car is lowered and I frequently rub the Steeda rails on speed bumps and what not. I know that when I rub, I'm only scratching the Steeda rails and NOTHING else on my car.

I feel that Steeda should include this in their advertising as one of the benefits of the jacking rails :)
Thank you for your input and suggestions!! They are just a 1/16 in lower than the pinch welds just enough for good protection. Plus,they are two pounds lighter! Also, flat black Rust-Oleum paint works great for touch ups.

Steeda Tech

MaxQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White 5.0 GT
My Steeda parts I ordered including the jacking rails just cleared customs, hopefully will arrive by the end of the week.
these will be the last mods for a while.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Keep us updated!

MaxQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White 5.0 GT
Keep us updated!
Hi TJ, I received my parcels, Fitted the idler pulleys and water pump pulley and the hood lever, yesterday. all good
the jacking rails I will fit later, When I open the box the bolts were loose in the box, and there were only 7 ( the box had some holes in it.)
Can I use 1 of the factory bolts? as I could not find any at our local Auto stores?
Sponsored