Sponsored

Disable Nav speed lockout on a 2015??

EasyBeingGreen

Mustang Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard '15 GT Premium, 6MT, 20" Foundry Wheels
Like the title says... does anyone know of any way to disable the nav system lockout when moving? When my wife is in the passenger seat, it's plenty safe for her to be able to actually put in the address, and the voice functionality is not always all that functional.
Sponsored

OP
OP

EasyBeingGreen

Mustang Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bumping. :bump:

Anyone? Bueller?

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW
I found this wiring info that might be helpful...

Speed Sense brown/green (2.3L); yellow/org (3.7L, 5.0L, 5.2L) ac PCM next to underhood fuse box, 95 pin plug, pin 12 or 26

Brake Wire purple/white + brake switch or BCM in passenger kick, black 22 pin plug (J1), pin 1

Parking Brake white/purple - park brake sw or BCM in passenger kick, blue 52 pin plug (J5), pin 47

OP
OP

EasyBeingGreen

Mustang Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone ever confirmed this wiring stuff? Or any other solution?

Sponsored

mgrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Convertible - V6
Make the following changes with Forscan

7D0-02-01 x5xx xxxx xxxx to x7xx xxxx xxxx

This permits Navigation entry while the vehicle is in motion, along with other lockouts (reading texts, scrolling up through the phone book)

Lbdyll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT

This permits Navigation entry while the vehicle is in motion, along with other lockouts (reading texts, scrolling up through the phone book)

Does this only work on the 15's or will it work on sync 3 also?

OP
OP

EasyBeingGreen

Mustang Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

SirLoin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 Convertible

Does this also allow convertible top operation above 3 mph?

mgrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Convertible - V6
Does this also allow convertible top operation above 3 mph?
NO...It does what is says it does, nothing about the convertible top...and FYI, you should take a look at the gears that drive the top, they are made out of plastic, I would not want to be moving while operating the top, otherwise the gears will not last.

SirLoin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 Convertible
:faint:Ouch, thanks for the lashing! More can be said about providing codes to override a government mandated safety feature than overriding Ford's attempt to limit warranty repair costs as a result of using plastic gears.

I'm not interested in operating the top at 30 mph. As soon as I take my foot off the brake, my top stops moving. It would be nice if I could put the top up/down, while coasting up the driveway with my foot off the brake. Ideally, I would change the limit to 5-10 mph, which would still prevent accidental operation at highway speeds.

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
for my lexus, some companies made bypass kits that fools the system into thinking the car is still for a 2 minute window after hitting a button allowing you to enter navi details and other things. That particular company doesnt seem to make it for Fords though

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
:faint:Ouch, thanks for the lashing! More can be said about providing codes to override a government mandated safety feature than overriding Ford's attempt to limit warranty repair costs as a result of using plastic gears.

I'm not interested in operating the top at 30 mph. As soon as I take my foot off the brake, my top stops moving. It would be nice if I could put the top up/down, while coasting up the driveway with my foot off the brake. Ideally, I would change the limit to 5-10 mph, which would still prevent accidental operation at highway speeds.
Ummm I don't think its "govt mandated" I think its "Ford Lawyers Mandated" otherwise your phone would lock when it sensed you moving too...:headbonk:

Do a search for "mustang lockpick" they made them for earlier ford's not sure if they are available for our models
Sponsored