Help! Axle boot rubbing shock

15rs3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
15 roush mustang
I have a 15 RS3 and the problem I’m having is the axle boot is rubbing the shock. I thought it was a bearing and the dealer replaced the left rear hub assembly and it was still making a noise. When they looked back under the car they saw where the shock is rubbing the axle boot. Has anyone had this problem? It does have the FRPP axles in it from Roush. The dealer has called Roush but they are taking their time responding. Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't you just slide the one side of the boot farther along axle thus reducing its diameter?

OP
OP
15rs3

15rs3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
15 roush mustang
I’m not sure because it’s at the dealer. Wonder why it’s that close and could that be the cause of the noise.

Stang-15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I have a 15 RS3 and the problem I’m having is the axle boot is rubbing the shock. I thought it was a bearing and the dealer replaced the left rear hub assembly and it was still making a noise. When they looked back under the car they saw where the shock is rubbing the axle boot. Has anyone had this problem? It does have the FRPP axles in it from Roush. The dealer has called Roush but they are taking their time responding. Any help would be appreciated.
The early FRPP half shafts used a larger boot that sometimes would rub on the shocks. Although I didn't have that particular problem, when I sent my axels back to Gforce to have warranty work done for leaking cv joints, they told me about the newer boots and replaced those for me as well.

OP
OP
15rs3

15rs3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
15 roush mustang
Ok I’ll let the dealer know that today. The left side rubs quite a bit and the right side just enough to keep the dirt off the shock.

Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Ford racing axles are made by g- force. mine rub a little but its so minor it barely shows. You can call g-force they will send you a smaller boot at no charge!

OP
OP
15rs3

15rs3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
15 roush mustang
Thanks! I’ll give them a call.
Sponsored