Sponsored

Breather experts come in

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I'm N/A and run them because no oil in the intake means better octane levels your getting to the motor. And on the dyno you can see the breathers are working just fine moving the air thru the motor.
You might see some vapors coming out of them with some hard engine use, but I don't see how they can "move air through the motor" if there isn't any vacuum source pulling fresh air in and dirty air out of the crankcase.
Sponsored

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
Also curious how often these need to be replaced

ColtonimusPrime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chip
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I hate to revive an old thread, but I didn't want to start a new one for a simple question.

For the guys running these breather set ups, what are you doing with the IMRC vent line?

OP
OP

SHFTN6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GT Performance Pack
I hate to revive an old thread, but I didn't want to start a new one for a simple question.

For the guys running these breather set ups, what are you doing with the IMRC vent line?
Vent to the air. Also I forgot if we touched on it in this thread but make sure to gut your pcv on passenger side.

ColtonimusPrime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chip
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Vent to the air. Also I forgot if we touched on it in this thread but make sure to gut your pcv on passenger side.
Thanks!

Sponsored

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Do you get that engine oil smell?

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
I installed breathers on mine and had the same thing happening and then was told the nipple on the passenger side has a valve in it (what the breather attaches too). pulled the nipple off and removed valve, problem solve. It allows it too flow freely now. just have to remove the insides with a screw driver.
Yep thats his problem,if u dont remove that check ball the pass side is basically closed and forces all that pressure through the drivers side.Remove the check ball and it will balance the flow and stop the oil from coming out the drivers side.

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 1 Supercharged Mustang GT
Not to hijack here but I'm running 21psi and had to change to non return style catch can because under my boost level oil would pool up in the line then shoot into the ibtake. It was literally leaking out my air filter at then end of a run.

It was also recommended I replace my oil filter cap with this breather type filter. I don't know what that does?

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Not to hijack here but I'm running 21psi and had to change to non return style catch can because under my boost level oil would pool up in the line then shoot into the ibtake. It was literally leaking out my air filter at then end of a run.

It was also recommended I replace my oil filter cap with this breather type filter. I don't know what that does?
Did you have idle issues because of all the oil?

I would assume that it would allow the engine to breath into the atmosphere and not be regurgitate back into the engine.

Sponsored

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 1 Supercharged Mustang GT
Did you have idle issues because of all the oil?

I would assume that it would allow the engine to breath into the atmosphere and not be regurgitate back into the engine.
No idle was fine

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Yep thats his problem,if u dont remove that check ball the pass side is basically closed and forces all that pressure through the drivers side.Remove the check ball and it will balance the flow and stop the oil from coming out the drivers side.
I've heard mixed things on this. Some say remove it, some say don't. Lol.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I've heard mixed things on this. Some say remove it, some say don't. Lol.
If the PCV check valve is not hooked up to the intake manifold then there is no vacuum to pull it open. So an open breather won't work right with it left installed.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Guess I need to pop mine out then! Does it reinstall, or you just need to buy a new PCV if you go back to a full PCV or catch can setup?

Edit: BTW, JPC says you don't need to remove the PCV.

Last edited:

pwny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Sorry to revive an old thread but I was wondering if anyone had a problem with excessive blow-by and primarily smoke out of the exhaust until this was corrected? I've order the JDM setup because I'm not fully comfortable with just jamming a screwdriver into the pcv piece *unless I'm supposed to go from the underside and push it out*. However, after the turbo install, I'm not getting a small to moderate amount of smoke from the tail pipe (normally white) that smells likes burnt oil when I come to a stop and blows forward. I've noticed that my driver's side breather is showing the exact same signs as the OP so I'm wondering if this will correct it. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Sponsored