Lowering Springs for GT vert

GrabberS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
17' Ford Mustang GT Convertible Grabber Blue
I've put TSW Bathurst 20" rims on my GB GT and need to drop it now so the stance is back closer to OEM height - it feels like my SUV at the moment!
So I'm going to go Vogtland but I'm unsure what to go for - 35mm all round or 35mm front and 25mm rear springs. Has anyone got bigger rims and dropped their vert?
My driveway is quite steep so I don't want to go too low but haven't got much in the way of images of convertibles with a lowered stance. Plenty of fastbacks!

Anyone done this and got some pics for my peace of mind??

Thanks everyone!
IMG_1085.jpg
Sponsored

TCZGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GT Convertible
Eibach Pro-Kit. 1.1 in rear, 1.2 in front.
Wouldn't want to be much lower.

tom8214003

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
my 2016 GT with performance pack is lowered from the previous owner, its got Eibach Sportlines - I'm taking it out and putting back the OEM springs. I'm going to be selling the Eibach Sportlines.

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I did BMR min drop in the front and left the rear stock. I am happy with the stance. With a little extra weight in the vert, the fact that I actually use the rear seat, and have 20's I didn't want to go any lower.

My only quibble is that with the slight increase in front spring rate the stock dampers are a little bouncy.

Phase 2 is going to be to do PP shocks and struts, and PP rear springs. I think that will be perfect for me.
IMG_0495.jpg
Stang.jpg
IMG_0340.jpg

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
my 2016 GT with performance pack is lowered from the previous owner, its got Eibach Sportlines - I'm taking it out and putting back the OEM springs. I'm going to be selling the Eibach Sportlines.
Hi Tom
When you drop the original PP springs back in, let us know how it goes. I would like to upgrade my vert up to PP springs and shocks.

Thanks

CVCashmere

Sixtus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sixto
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2016 GT Convertible, 2015 Ecoboost PP
I have a non--PP Premium GT vert and have been looking into suspension upgrades for the floaty feeling of stock. I'm not talking about the body roll, which I actually enjoy and would prefer keeping rather than upgrading my sways. Springs with struts&shocks are obviously the most common way to go for a daily driven (occasional canyon road) car. I was wondering if the Roush single adjustable are too much for my needs or will it be just right? Just looking for a 1" drop on all four sides, and although coil-overs can drop more, I wouldn't really go past 1". I also think that with the Roush single adjustable coil-overs I will have the opportunity to make more aggressive changes in the future.

In addition to the spring/shock&strut or coil-over setup, what other supporting suspension mods MUST I have in order to keep things working well? Camber plates might not be needed if I'm not dropping too much right? Toe links/vertical links maybe?

Last edited:

mrbrian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Premium Convertible

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I'm on BMR SP080 springs, currently running GT PP wheels/tires, getting ready to move to a pretty big 20" setup, photos coming soon.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase

AZ50GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
My Steeda Progressives are money! I think they give my Stang a great stance.
IMG_0416.JPG
IMG_0417.JPG

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
I did BMR min drop in the front and left the rear stock. I am happy with the stance. With a little extra weight in the vert, the fact that I actually use the rear seat, and have 20's I didn't want to go any lower.

My only quibble is that with the slight increase in front spring rate the stock dampers are a little bouncy.

Phase 2 is going to be to do PP shocks and struts, and PP rear springs. I think that will be perfect for me.
I am booked in to get mine done on Wednesday. Going min drop as well, 082/089. I like the look of your front. Stock front always looked a tad to high for my liking. But the min drop does it for me...:thumbsup:

Your vert is standing quite nicely.....:D
Sponsored