2015-17 Mustang GT Ford Performance Power Packs

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Anyone inside Ford found working with an aftermarket company would be promptly fired. You can be a genius and compressible flow and fluid dynamics and know a lot about ICEs but without the proper tools and DoE software that only OEMs can afford your work isn't on the same level. Kind of like trying to remove a #3 Phillips head with a #1 bit. Can you? Of course! But can you also suffer from the inaccurate sizing.
Full disclosure I'm a test engineer for an OEM, not Ford
Very cool!
Sponsored

15s550

My 1st Domestic V8!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT MT82 on 20's with 3.55's
PHOTOS OF PP2 GT350 CAI

Photos of the PP2 install. That's a big ass cold air intake! :headbang:

Drove it last night and man does this upgrade add some nice power! I have a Borla S-type catback and the combo gives my car a really nice sound. :thumbsup:

I notice that at cold start ... the engine wakes up the dead! :lol: But quickly goes into a nice, deep rumble afterwards. Who needs a stereo system when you can listen to this motor howl all day! :D

texaswrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP MAGNETIC
so what i did was.. i purchased everything from dealer.. now the problem was the voucher was registered to dealer.
So what i did i contacted ford racing and they asked for my receipt and everything and they gave me a new voucher to register and now i can do shit on my own
If I missed it, apologies. I read back several pages and did not see an answer, but can I do the same on PP1, and load it myself? I've added tunes on every car prior, from Subaru to Ford, and for a simple map load....I would hate to pay a dealer.

Thanks

Markbnh1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Escape & 2015 Ruby Red GT Premium
Photos of the PP2 install. That's a big ass cold air intake! :headbang:

Drove it last night and man does this upgrade add some nice power! I have a Borla S-type catback and the combo gives my car a really nice sound. :thumbsup:

I notice that at cold start ... the engine wakes up the dead! :lol: But quickly goes into a nice, deep rumble afterwards. Who needs a stereo system when you can listen to this motor howl all day! :D

https://scontent.fsan1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/19250752_10212908775851604_3472556016544417550_o.jpg?oh=56e79bbecb59e698d2779b814f86e9ff&oe=59DE06C6[/

[img]https://scontent.fsan1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/19250750_10212908776931631_3769104568639324490_o.jpg?oh=fef42e5dce65ac7a2d732fbe8bb8f3ab&oe=59CB8ACD

I just got rid of that ugly paper filter! AirAid by Ford Performance!
FullSizeRender.jpg

Sponsored

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Ford Performance >Lund. Fan boys can call BS but when I see Lund with a corridor of AVL dynos and actual calibration engineers writing those files, not just 'tooning' with DynoJets, maybe, just maybe I'll change my mind. It sounds like your car is a daily driver, you would be much better off with what Ford has written calibration wise.
Also, now that HP Tuners can modify those N/A power pack files, they're avaliable to anyone with HPT. Power Pack 3 will cost me $850 plus two credits on my HPT account AND I can change the transport delay for the O2's to run long tube headers.
^YUP!^
Everyone was saying how conservative these tunes are but I have to say the pp2 puts the power down! All I got is a MF Comp cat back, slicks n skinnis and pp2 and my car is hauling ass!! Here's my slip on a 85 deg with some humity!!! Yes, I do like to post this slip. My pp2 cost me $635 installed. Just like my 5.slow it's the best bang for your buck and you keep your warranty! I'm in the left lane car #101 against a new zl1 camaro. That guy was pissed! He wouldn't even look over at me.:D
20170609_190700_resized-2.jpg
20170610_094858_resized.jpg

Last edited:

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt base manual 3.31
just ordered pp2 and the ford performance catch can.:) Will go to track on wednesday with the car stock on radials and again after the install in a week or two.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
just ordered pp2 and the ford performance catch can.:) Will go to track on wednesday with the car stock on radials and again after the install in a week or two.
Just a FYI, I had the FRPP oil separator and it was a super tight fit. The spearator couldnt even mount to the valve/coil cover anymore. I have read that there is a modified version out there but i dont know the product number.

Hopefully yours goes on w/o any issue.

Enjoy!

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I picked up 5 mph with pp2 and nocked off a full 1/2 sec with similar weather and 60 ft times before and after. By radials do you mean drag or regular street radial?

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just a FYI, I had the FRPP oil separator and it was a super tight fit. The spearator couldnt even mount to the valve/coil cover anymore. I have read that there is a modified version out there but i dont know the product number.

Hopefully yours goes on w/o any issue.

Enjoy!
Is that because the new intake and throttle body on the power pack or just poor figment originally?

Sponsored

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I picked up 5 mph with pp2 and nocked off a full 1/2 sec with similar weather and 60 ft times before and after. By radials do you mean drag or regular street radial?
I have a set of Mickey Thompson et ss 285/40/18 I used to use on my ecostang. Also how did you get the package so cheap with install?

Last edited:

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have a set of Mickey Thompson et ss 285/40/18 I used to use on my ecostang. Also how did you get the package so cheap with install?
I got it done at carisile by fred beans/tru blue racing they charged me the wrong price and when I pointed it out the guy said let's just call it the end of the day special! Honestly I would of been fine paying the show price of $750 they where charging. Main reason I got it done there is they gaurunteed it, if you weren't 100% happy they would return your car to stock and give you a full refund. Needless to say I'm a 100% happy!:thumbsup:

keiths2kgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang GT PP 50th AP
I just got rid of that ugly paper filter! AirAid by Ford Performance!
In your post you have a pick of [MENTION=14509]15s550[/MENTION] engine cover that was modified. The pic of your engine cover was not modified. What did you do different?

Markbnh1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Escape & 2015 Ruby Red GT Premium
In your post you have a pick of [MENTION=14509]15s550[/MENTION] engine cover that was modified. The pic of your engine cover was not modified. What did you do different?
Not sure what you mean, but I never modified the cover. It didn't seem to fit right so I just removed it and then reinstalled and it snapped into place! LOL. I guess the Ford tech didn't do it right.

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Wouldnt be a problem if they’re ex employees or a good relationship like ROUSH or Whipple
Again, it depends on the tools. Rough is an OEM level engineering company on its own. They have a very successful partnership with Ford. Whipple themselves admit that the OEM level testing that is needed for certain things is out of their reach. They don't have millions to conduct the experiments that we can. That's why they partner with Ford.

Just because you know what Ford is doing, as may be the case of an ex employee, doesn't mean you have the tools to replicate and test. For example if you leave Ford or GM or Honda your laptop with your work and their programs must be relinquished meaning the DoE programs that are used in calibrating at the OEM level are no longer available to you. These programs aren't anything an aftermarket tooner could afford. Second the dynos and ancillary devices used at the OEM level aren't anything a small or even moderate aftermarket company can afford.
Lastly is man power and the way work is divided. Just because you write calibrations doesn't mean you were the one writing the whole thing. It's not unusual to have a whole group of people concentrating on one part of the engines operation before handing off to another group.
Sponsored