Sponsored

Sad Stories Of Blown Engines-Tell It Here!

OP
OP

Woodshop77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang
Blown engine is good excuse for more horsepower
Sponsored

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
There is a limit to every internal combustion engine . You of all people should have learned that limit by now !

Since you do not need that white mustang any more I will give ya a Dollar for IT !

OP
OP

Woodshop77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang
You probably need it more than i do! Red....why didn't you just buy a corvette! Or park in front of a police station and do a burnout!
Let it out Brian!!! That's what this thread is for!

Last edited:

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Why not wait for the 2018 cleveland engines with the fuel injection instead of direct injection ?

Since were close to the topic LSPI ... new studies indicate that the calcium introduced into modern oils oxidieses at a rate contributing to increased Pre-Ignition ..reducing calcium percentages in the package reduces Pre-Ignition .My Suggestion run Amsoil !
:headbonk: Have you looked at the amount of calcium that Amsoil uses in their oil? Amsoil Signature Series 5w30 is around 3,400-3,600. Most other full synthetic oils are around 1,500-2,000. If you're worried about calcium content, run Valvoline. Valvoline uses sodium as their cleaning agent whereas most others use calcium.

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
:headbonk: Have you looked at the amount of calcium that Amsoil uses in their oil? Amsoil Signature Series 5w30 is around 3,400-3,600. Most other full synthetic oils are around 1,500-2,000. If you're worried about calcium content, run Valvoline. Valvoline uses sodium as their cleaning agent whereas most others use calcium.
I do use Valvoline ...

Now we are getting somewhere with this thread ..:cheers:

Sponsored

OP
OP

Woodshop77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang
Hijacked by an oil salesman!!! LOL

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
I have a happy story to share. I am not going to void my warranty so I took the 10k in mods/new engine slush fund and put a nice down payment on a new jet boat and wet slip. Sorry dude, I had to cheer up this thread.
20170625_125503A.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang (Black)
I don't have a blown engine but I'd like to mention something. There are a lot of factors to why these blow. Not just because of power or driving habits. A lot to do with tune, with having proper oil changes and fluids topped off, ALOT to do with octane and timing. I don't think anyone here is in the wrong for modding these cars, I wouldn't have gotten one to leave stock! Just making sure your power levels don't exceed your knock and timing thresholds is key and making sure your combustion is cool enough. I feel if more people ran e30 to 85 or meth, a lot of issues would be gone (minus factory problems from early builds)

Reactions: PJB

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

You know what they say. The best boat is the one that isn't yours.
100% agree. A boat is a horrible "investment."

OP
OP

Woodshop77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang
100% agree Blyman93

Not to bash on you Maggneto - The two best days with a boat are the day you buy one and the day you sell one!! Cheers!

Although Amphicars are awesome!

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
100% agree Blyman93

Not to bash on you Maggneto - The two best days with a boat are the day you buy one and the day you sell one!! Cheers!

Although Amphicars are awesome!
I am not trying to bash you either brah.....To each his own.

I have been a boat owner for 20 years and the only people who say that are the people who don't have boats. Any who, I will be thinking about all you who blew your engines while "tail" watching on the Jet boat.

OP
OP

Woodshop77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang
Actually been there done that,,,,I noticed you were in South Carolina, If I were there and anywhere near water i'd have one
Sponsored

Last edited: