Sponsored

Which member was this? (Drunk driving S550 GT)

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
[ame]

I feel the pain of owning a base GT but it's not worth this.
Sponsored

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
I would wager we know this guy

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
One way to go about it, I guess. Drunk people have guns, too, though.

I feel the frustration of trying to get a cop present for a situation like this. I've followed a few drunks at a distance on the highway tracking them until a cop showed up and it took almost an hour once jumping through jurisdictions hoping to catch one nearby.

But I'm not about to yank a person out of the car totally unaware as to what is happening. He could have been having some kind of stoke and my action could have made his situation worse. But... ya know... vertical video recording and stuff.

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Wow that dude was trashed, thankfully he didn't hurt anyone else.

OP
OP
wireeater

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
One way to go about it, I guess. Drunk people have guns, too, though.

I feel the frustration of trying to get a cop present for a situation like this. I've followed a few drunks at a distance on the highway tracking them until a cop showed up and it took almost an hour once jumping through jurisdictions hoping to catch one nearby.

But I'm not about to yank a person out of the car totally unaware as to what is happening. He could have been having some kind of stoke and my action could have made his situation worse. But... ya know... vertical video recording and stuff.
Especially in Texas...

Sponsored

Weasel1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Lucky he didn't kill some innocent victim.

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
Wish phones would automatically record video in landscape by default no matter how you're holding the phone... There's almost never a reason to record in portrait.

OK, portrait-mode rant out of the way, holy shit was that dude drunk. I've never seen anything like that before. I wonder how that compares to the typical level of drunkenness involved in terrible alcohol-motivated accidents.

(Although I have seen a guy driving the wrong way on the freeway late at night who had to have been drunk. Was effing terrifying, and I have to assume he was drunk...)

EDIT: I also agree with those saying that they may have gone a bit too far in the way they tried to get him out of the car and aggressively pulled him out once he opened the door. That could have gone wrong in a lot of ways. Recording him and following him was a good idea, but once he pulled into the parking lot and slowed down, maybe they could have just cut him off from the other side of that row or something and told him to get out.

saf1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack
The real crime is filming in portrait mode.
I get the jest, but there is a bigger issue here and that is what should or should not be posted. I'm not the moral police but this persons life was just wrecked and very would could be by a factor of 10 depending on who sees this. I don't believe that is your intent but still.

Lots of things to consider before you engage in a citizens arrest. My advice, not that you asked, is to call 911 and say the driver is endangering others. Explain the severity, if they hit anything, etc. They will dispatch someone quicker if need be. Ask the 911 dispatcher if they need you to follow or advise. Also be aware of who is with you before you engage further. Endangering oneself is one thing, others is another story.

I was almost taken out by a drunk driver. 81 year old lady still driving, drunk has a skunk, wrong way. 911 call later, explained make, model, part plate, severity of issue (wrong way), and they had a car on scene within a few minutes. She drove a good mile and a half on the wrong side honking like there was no tomorrow.

Anyway - I'd say maybe it is a good idea to take the video down or edit it to remove some personal information (plates has one example). But that is just me. I very well could be so far wrong it isn't funny but that is how I see it.

Sponsored

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
I get the jest, but there is a bigger issue here and that is what should or should not be posted. I'm not the moral police but this persons life was just wrecked and very would could be by a factor of 10 depending on who sees this. I don't believe that is your intent but still.

Lots of things to consider before you engage in a citizens arrest. My advice, not that you asked, is to call 911 and say the driver is endangering others. Explain the severity, if they hit anything, etc. They will dispatch someone quicker if need be. Ask the 911 dispatcher if they need you to follow or advise. Also be aware of who is with you before you engage further. Endangering oneself is one thing, others is another story.

I was almost taken out by a drunk driver. 81 year old lady still driving, drunk has a skunk, wrong way. 911 call later, explained make, model, part plate, severity of issue (wrong way), and they had a car on scene within a few minutes. She drove a good mile and a half on the wrong side honking like there was no tomorrow.

Anyway - I'd say maybe it is a good idea to take the video down or edit it to remove some personal information (plates has one example). But that is just me. I very well could be so far wrong it isn't funny but that is how I see it.
Yeah, that's why shows like cops and whatnot always blur out suspects faces, no matter how egregious the offense. Technically, this guy is still a suspect.

In theory, it's possible that he was having some kind of other issue (stroke?) or something... I mean we can all be 99% sure he was a drunk asshole who deserves what's coming to him, but it's a slippery slope to post this kinda thing so quickly. Especially unnecessary since the police have already gotten involved and arrested him.

In the age where everyone has a high-fidelity camera with an internet connection, though, this is probably increasingly widespread.

... Of course playing devil's advocate is also just fun, sometimes.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
I'd like to know how he ripped the front fender off without destroying the wheel.

And as anyone who has had a loved one hit or hurt by a drunk driver, I think the guys filming were lenient.

Zimm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6
Dude should go to prison for a loooong time. Almost as bad as the wolf of wallstreet scene lmao

Stripler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
I'm not sure I would have gone hands on like those in the video, but I have nothing at all against what they did. When they opened the door, he tried to shut it and drive off. A drunk driver is the equivalent of a guy waving a gun around in public randomly pointing it at people and I'm grateful they did go hands on with that person to stop him.

Even if he wasn't drunk, but was having a medical event, he was still an imminent danger to society and resisting them and I feel they were justified doing what they did to stop him.

I feel the same way about people using their cellphone while driving. Their calls/texts/FB is more important than other people's lives as they careen down the road in their unguided missile. I wish I could put a plow on my truck and be deputized to just straight up ram anyone on their phone in a car. Riding my bike, I sit up high and see at least 8/10 people looking at their phones and not the road. It is seriously that bad.

And that police response was insanely bad. I mean like extremely bad. For that area of Houston I would have thought police would be there within 2 min tops.

Also, in before the lock. :bolt:
Sponsored