@dib_5.0
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacques
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Deep Impact Blue
Vehicle Showcase
So last night I was driving home and decided to give the car a nice pull from a stop to get onto the highway. I went to shift into 2nd and it felt like I missed the gear because immediately I heard and felt the dreaded grind :eyebulge: and I let off the gas and back on the clutch immediately and tried shifting back into 2nd again but the car would not enter 2nd nor any gear while clutch was pressed. What also worried me is that it didn't seem like the shifter wanted to spring back to neutral like it normally does and seemed stiff to move back and forth in neutral even with the clutch in. After shutting the car off and attempting to get it in gear again it would not go into any gear, even with the engine off and clutch pressed. After pressing the clutch a few times and starting the engine, I was able to put it back into 1st gear and make it home about 5 miles away, and it seemed to shift normally and would go through all of the gears just fine then. I obviously didn't make another pull because I want to get it to make it home without a tow.

Now I guess what I'm trying to get at here is that I honestly don't believe that I messed up the shift. It felt "right" when I let off the clutch and just seemed to lock out of second while the gear was half way engaged. Now I've only been driving manual trans for 2 years so it's entirely possible that it was user error but I've never experienced a miss-shift like that even when I just started driving this car and missed my first 1-2 shift. Does that problem sound like its damage to the MT-82 or to the clutch? I just hope that Ford will take care of this under warranty. I have my appointment to take it in on Monday.
Sponsored

garbancillo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MUSTANG GT 10R80
Had a simmilar problem one month ago. Diaphgram spring of the pressure plate bended. Still in the workshop waiting for the spare parts (disgraceful service of Ford in EU countries. There are not parts warehouse for the Mustang and there is no option other than to await deliveries to come from across the Atlantic, other people here are having issues with the Stang and the average time to be served spare parts is about three weeks or an entire month.

It sucks!!��

OP
OP
B0SS603

B0SS603

@dib_5.0
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacques
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Had a simmilar problem one month ago. Diaphgram spring of the pressure plate bended. Still in the workshop waiting for the spare parts (disgraceful service of Ford in EU countries. There are not parts warehouse for the Mustang and there is no option other than to await deliveries to come from across the Atlantic, other people here are having issues with the Stang and the average time to be served spare parts is about three weeks or an entire month.

It sucks!!��
Well I'm glad to hear I'm not the only person with this particular issue. With parts being plentiful here in the states, I hope to have my car back within a week or two at the most. I'm sorry to hear you guys have such long waits. I'll keep the Diaphram spring in mind when talking with the service advisor tomorrow.

garbancillo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MUSTANG GT 10R80
Well I'm glad to hear I'm not the only person with this particular issue. With parts being plentiful here in the states, I hope to have my car back within a week or two at the most. I'm sorry to hear you guys have such long waits. I'll keep the Diaphram spring in mind when talking with the service advisor tomorrow.
Good luck tomorrow with the service guy, keep us posted about what you are said. And do not accept any "wear and tear" of the clutch disc as an answer (so they could argue that fault would not be covered under warranty). They must rip off the clutch housing and see what the hell is going on. Said this, be aware that Ford has replaced recently the clutch part number in both, GT and Ecoboost, from 2016 models onwards, so they know obviously that there is something wrong with the OEM clutches fitted in the past.

OP
OP
B0SS603

B0SS603

@dib_5.0
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacques
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Good luck tomorrow with the service guy, keep us posted about what you are said. And do not accept any "wear and tear" of the clutch disc as an answer (so they could argue that fault would not be covered under warranty). They must rip off the clutch housing and see what the hell is going on. Said this, be aware that Ford has replaced recently the clutch part number in both, GT and Ecoboost, from 2016 models onwards, so they know obviously that there is something wrong with the OEM clutches fitted in the past.
Thanks for the advice I will update as soon as I have it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
B0SS603

B0SS603

@dib_5.0
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacques
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Dropped her off this morning. If I didn't know the issue happened on Friday i would never suspect something was wrong. The car drove fine to the dealership but I didn't do any pulls or anything so I hope they find whatever the problem is and don't just drive it and state that it's all good.

cop on my back

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Sound like the friction disc. Same as many on here, high rpm and clutch depressed followed by what I suspect is the friction material ripping off from centrifugal force. I think the missed shift is just a coincidence. Very curios what the result of this is.

OP
OP
B0SS603

B0SS603

@dib_5.0
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacques
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just wanted to post an update: So it's been about 8 business days and the dealership just yesterday assigned a tech :frusty:. So I hope they have an answer for me before the end of the week because it's sucked so much not having my car for the last week and a half.

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
Just wanted to post an update: So it's been about 8 business days and the dealership just yesterday assigned a tech :frusty:. So I hope they have an answer for me before the end of the week because it's sucked so much not having my car for the last week and a half.
8 DAYS TO LOOK AT IT!!?? That's ridiculous!
I missed a shift when I had a couple thousand on it and took out the clutch disc. Sounds like the same issue you are having.

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Wow what the hell? 8 days? I'd ask to be on any test drives too as I'm guessing they will just go bang gears.

Sponsored

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Whenever ive blown a shift I just toss it in neutral and coast it out, then go in to a higher gear, I haven't had a problem that I felt needed service when it's happened, which everyone misses a gear occasionally. Hell I somehow went from 3 - 6th the othe day and that did feel like I broke something because of the drastic difference. It was fine.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I am gonna say something is bad in the clutch. Ether the actual clutch or the hydraulics.

OP
OP
B0SS603

B0SS603

@dib_5.0
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacques
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So the verdict is in...they didn't find shit and they refuse to drop the trans without any "symptoms". So I just got my car and left. Drove it like I stole it on the way home and it feels fine. If something comes up I'll take it to another dealer as this one obviously doesn't care very much...

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
So the verdict is in...they didn't find shit and they refuse to drop the trans without any "symptoms". So I just got my car and left. Drove it like I stole it on the way home and it feels fine. If something comes up I'll take it to another dealer as this one obviously doesn't care very much...
Maybe some air got in the line and now it's bleed out?
Sponsored