Sponsored

Rear wheel bearing problems?

2016s550gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Has anyone had wheel bearing problems with their mustangs? I thought my left rear wheel was loose, I was able to make it move side to side by hand.
Sponsored

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Never had problem with mine but I did replace all 4 when I installed new wheel studs.

The car is under warranty just take it in or if you don't feel comfortable do it yourself pretty easy and the oe part is $60 from rockauto.

OP
OP
2016s550gt

2016s550gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Never had problem with mine but I did replace all 4 when I installed new wheel studs.

The car is under warranty just take it in or if you don't feel comfortable do it yourself pretty easy and the oe part is $60 from rockauto.
Yeah I was going to take it in or replace it myself, was just wondering if someone else had the same problem

Sponsored

Eland-Motors

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT - Platinum White Metallic
Just dropped mine off at the dealer for the second left rear wheel bearing issue.
It was as super loose and making noise at 2700 miles. They replaced it.
Just dropped it off for same problem with 7300 miles.
Not near as bad this time. But loose is loose.
We will see what they say.

stang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium PP
Dropped the car off yesterday for a squeaking noise that went from occasional to constant. Dealer called later in the day to say the left rear wheel bearing had almost an inch worth of play in it. They are replacing it under warranty and I expect to have the car back tomorrow. Only 6,300 miles on the car.

Scott Wilson

s550 is life
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
When y'all say left rear do you mean driver rear? Cause I have similar symptoms of a creaking sound that is slowly getting worse/more oftern but the wheel bearing doesn't feel loose. Tomorrow I'm gonna try replacing the nut and seeing if it goes away

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Anyone have the part numbers for the bearing and nut? Been wondering if there is a good online source for part numbers with diagrams?

stang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium PP
Mine was the driver side rear. Dealer installed an entire new wheel hub under warranty. Dealer gave me the impression the bearing was unavailable by its self and required an entire new wheel hub. My dealer advised they needed to do the same for another 2017 GT a week earlier as well.
Sponsored