OP
OP
black bart

black bart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Prem A6 White Platinum 20x9's
Was told by AM customer service that the springs would be picked up today, 11/06 by UPS. No pick up today, why am I surprised.
Sponsored

OP
OP
black bart

black bart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After numerous phone calls to AM customer service, UPS actually showed up at my door to pick up the Whiteline coil springs for return. I was told by customer service that I was bumped up to one day shipping. I'll post progress of receipt, approval, and shipping of the RTR grille.

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
After numerous phone calls to AM customer service, UPS actually showed up at my door to pick up the Whiteline coil springs for return. I was told by customer service that I was bumped up to one day shipping. I'll post progress of receipt, approval, and shipping of the RTR grille.
I'm not overstating this, but I can't imagine ordering for AM after yours (and others) experiences. There are too many vendors to choose from.

OP
OP
black bart

black bart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Finally received my RTR upper grille today(11/09). Installed both upper and lower. Do they look good? Yes they do. Was this transaction worth the wait and BS from AM? Definitely NO!

Faceme

MOCJ JAPAN
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, Jeep Patriot limited
I have my parts shipped internationally because I am abroad. The selection and website design of AM is superior imo. But shipping and customer service of CJ is awesome. Everything is always tightly packed and my emails are answered the next day.

Sponsored

OP
OP
black bart

black bart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ Mustang Parts will not disappoint. On the other hand, be prepared for inadequate customer service from American Muscle if you run into problems, either theirs or yours.

I received emails from AM two and three days after the coil springs were picked up indicating that UPS is scheduled to pick up the springs. As a matter of fact, the very next day after the springs were picked up, UPS showed up to pick up the lower RTR grille. Talk about F'ed up.

CJ Pony Parts

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cjponyparts.com
Vehicle(s)
A large variety of Mustangs across all generations
Ordered RTR upper and lower grilles form Am Muscle. Received the lower grille and a set of 4 one inch lowering coil springs. Called Am Muscle customer service regarding the error. Customer service told me that they would schedule UPS to pick up the springs but could not ship the upper grille until UPS verifies the box undamaged. Here it's Friday and UPS won't pick up the box until Monday, if I'm lucky. I have the facia off with the lower grille installed, but have no desire to install with the OEM upper grille, as American Muscle suggests so that I have access to a vehicle(I have but one vehicle). Installing then removing then re-installing the facia has too many instances for broken/damaged tabs.
American Muscle customer service states that their company policy states that they cannot ship the correct part until the shipper receives the package and verifies not damaged.
Four weeks ago, I ordered and received a front K brace from CJ Pony Parts, only to find that the box was damaged in shipping(either UPS or Yellow Freight) and all the mounting hardware was missing. Called CJ, spoke with their customer service and was told that not only would they schedule a UPS pickup the next day but will express ship(3 day) a new K brace with the proper hardware. This was not CJ's shipping error, it was the shipper's error who damaged the package, but yet CJ did the right thing for me, the customer. Three days later the K brace was installed and I was a happy customer.
Form your own conclusions as to which company has customer service and which company gives a damn about you.
Since I have a 2017 Mustang and have plans to upgrade drivetrain and suspension, I will never purchase anything from American Muscle again. CJ Pony Parts will get get my business from this day forward.
Black Bart,

We truly do appreciate the kind words and the support. I'll make sure to pass this along to our CS and Sales department.

CJ's only exists because there are customers, we need to continue to do whatever we can in our power to make sure they always have a pleasant experience while shopping with us.

Thank you!
:cheers:

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
I used to buy from AM all the time, but CJ has proven to be the new choice for me. Last 3 buys were great prices with discount code.

LeagueRacing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
That Guy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium PP Magnetic Metal
I have not had issue with AM however after reading and hearing about their customer service I would much rather support a business that has the communities consensus of being an outstanding place to spend my hard earned money.

I cancelled all pending orders I had with AM and will be shopping at CJ going forward.

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I have my parts shipped internationally because I am abroad. The selection and website design of AM is superior imo. But shipping and customer service of CJ is awesome. Everything is always tightly packed and my emails are answered the next day.
I do wish CJPP would redesign their webpage. Browsing for items is a PITA.

But I do agree that CJPP returns and CS are always flawless.

Sponsored

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
CJPP no longer answers their phone. The call back feature does not work. Their email bounces. Buyer beware. How can they keep putting out videos ( which are usually good) but not provide a way to contact them? Ill take my business elsewhere, unless they read this and send me a PM with a way to contact them.

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
CJPP no longer answers their phone. The call back feature does not work. Their email bounces. Buyer beware. How can they keep putting out videos ( which are usually good) but not provide a way to contact them? Ill take my business elsewhere, unless they read this and send me a PM with a way to contact them.

Burgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 5.0L, 2014 FPV F6
Couldn't drop it off at UPS because I have three herniated discs in my lower back and those 4 coil springs are heavy, car is in garage with facia off, and lastly why should I drop it off and pay shipping and insurance for a part that I didn't order. Due to their error they should pick up part where it was delivered. Also, what guarantee do I have that they will reimburse my expenses or send me the correct part, or simply another incorrect part? They have a specific policy that a customer must adhere to for a returned part. This policy doesn't specify whether the part was ordered incorrectly or was the company's shipping error. The company policy is 100% one sided in the company's favor and 0% in the customer's favor. Go to the site and read the return policy for yourself.

Why did CJ Pony Parts customer service give me a UPS pickup scheduled the next day, order me a new part on the spot, or get me 3 day express shipping even though the shipper as at fault for the package damaged with hardware missing?

Why doesn't American Muscle have a cute video for the return policy like they do for parts installation. That surely would sour their sales I assure you.

Sorry for the long winded explanation, but I'm pissed with this company.
With Stephanie doing it in a bikini..!!

Jokes aside, AM are useless to me because they don't ship to Australia, I just use there site for the research and reviews and then buy my stuff from someone else.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I had a call with them last week regarding a back ordered part and they called me back about an hour later when I didnt want to wait on hold.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I have not had issue with AM however after reading and hearing about their customer service I would much rather support a business that has the communities consensus of being an outstanding place to spend my hard earned money.

I cancelled all pending orders I had with AM and will be shopping at CJ going forward.
CJ Doesnt have that concensus though. They recently got in some heat for fireing a guy that does offroad videos over something that wasnt his fault and shouldnt have been fired for. If you think ANY shop is some kind of Angel youre very wrong. I go to who gets me the part cheapest as really, thats all that matters.
Sponsored