Sponsored

Finally a Pic that makes the 2018 Look Amazing

buymycar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT base. Roush axleback and frpp xpipe.
kbrbcn6eykmzeimo6vnm.jpg

Up until now I have not been a fan of the new look. This picture makes me want to crash my car into a tree and get a 2018. Not a fan of the color red either, but god damn am I getting "excited."
Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
I hate it still. Probably because I own a 2016. Hey, at least I'm honest. :cheers:

Czs550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Connor
Vehicle(s)
2018 10r80 GT, Lightning Blue
18's are dope and thats coming from a 15' owner

Marvelous D S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Magnetic PP
I felt the same way with the 15's I still need to see it in person, I think it will look good lowered, grille and chin. so all new front end :doh:

Sponsored

Ggradtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The 18 is gonna be a great car, no doubt. That stock hood is the worst though. Yuck. I'm not a big fan of the 15-17 hoods either though. The only feature on my 16 that had to be swapped out for aftermarket was the crappy looking stock hood. The stock 15-17s hoods look like the Fusion's. Swap out for an aftermarket hood for the 18 and you are good to go.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Was same old BS when MY15 was launched, oh my god what a disaster and ugly that is. Next thing you know Ford destroys GM and Dodge with MY15 Mustang massively outselling its competitors because they made a gorgeous stunning car.

Unfortunately people seem to bash things, then a year later they change their minds.

MY18 has looked good from day 1, easily and instantly recognisable as a Mustang and as Ford release more photos and as more are seen on the road, it only looks better and better.

For me its a better polished and finished car than MY15 was and far more technology advanced and much better handling and sounding out the box.

Yes of course it can be made to look better with hoods and splitters, but is this not something most MY15 owners did also? ;)

Marvelous D S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
You have a 18?

Was same old BS when MY15 was launched, oh my god what a disaster and ugly that is. Next thing you know Ford destroys GM and Dodge with MY15 Mustang massively outselling its competitors because they made a gorgeous stunning car.

Unfortunately people seem to bash things, then a year later they change their minds.

MY18 has looked good from day 1, easily and instantly recognisable as a Mustang and as Ford release more photos and as more are seen on the road, it only looks better and better.

For me its a better polished and finished car than MY15 was and far more technology advanced and much better handling and sounding out the box.

Yes of course it can be made to look better with hoods and splitters, but is this not something most MY15 owners did also? ;)

Ayatollah Humungous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP
My local dealer had an 18 in Orange Fury on the lot today as a rep from Ford was doing a demonstration of the new features for the salesman. The car looks much better in person than in pictures, just as the 15 did.

I could never tell if Orange Fury was more yellow or orange. Turns out its both. The dealer had the car half in and half out of the sun. The shaded side looked orange and the lighted side looked yellow. I am not a fan of yellow cars and really liked it actually.

I also got to talk to the Ford rep and asked about different gear ratios for the PP as compared to model year 2015 though 17 and he would only say that performance packages offer 3.73. I told him I knew that but didn't know if the gears overall were different between design and redesign. He still just said it had 3.73s.

Transmission was my second question. I am not interested in the 10 speed and asked about the new clutch setup for the six speed. He said it was similar to the GT350s but less stiff. I asked if they got rid of the jerkiness between first and second and he sheepishly said the new "no-lift" shifting may help.

Lastly, I asked about the exhaust and asked if the active exhaust in loud mode would sound like my 13 GT with GT500 mufflers. He pointed towards a GT350 and said it sounds more like that than anything.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3

Sponsored

Marvelous D S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)

Marvelous D S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP

Marvelous D S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
I got it.. thats what I thought.. ahahah
No one "has" a 18 yet, all finished cars are awaiting shipment right now.
Sponsored