Sponsored

2018 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2018 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like both of you are getting screwed (sorry don’t know how to quote both of you on mobile). I went in July as well and talked to a regular sales rep. He stated he’d help me, and I gave him my build sheet and everything. I texted him like every two weeks, and he would just say it was processing and take time. I finally message their FB messenger at the end of September, and their digital sales guy tells me the sales rep I was talking to just left the dealership. The digital sales guy then says he would help me put the order through, and he only deals with one customer at a time.

I think both of you should try talking to someone other than a regular sales rep. Maybe message their fb guy, if they have one, and see what they say?
I talk to the new car manager as well. I feel bad cause I'm probably annoying the poor guy. I will try that! I'm going in in two weeks to trade in an SUV but before I do that. I will get an update. If they say it's clean and unscheduled I won't be happy.

I actually am 99% sure the salesman I talk to his father(?) actually owns the dealership. His name is the same. And my dealer is pretty small..

I just message the Ford rep on twitter. Hopefully, they'll be able to help me!
Sponsored

Last edited:

lpe403

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT
I talk to the new car manager as well. I feel bad cause I'm probably annoying the poor guy. I will try that! I'm going in in two weeks to trade in an SUV but before I do that. I will get an update. If they say it's clean and unscheduled I won't be happy.

I actually am 99% sure the salesman I talk to his father(?) actually owns the dealership. His name is the same. And my dealer is pretty small..

I just message the Ford rep on twitter. Hopefully, they'll be able to help me!
I realize this may sound like sacrilege on a Mustang board, but maybe you should take a look at a 1SS 1LE. I'm cross shopping the two cars and I haven't made up my mind yet, but its a pretty impressive package. And factory orders are delivered reliably in 8-10 weeks.

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I realize this may sound like sacrilege on a Mustang board, but maybe you should take a look at a 1SS 1LE. I'm cross shopping the two cars and I haven't made up my mind yet, but its a pretty impressive package. And factory orders are delivered reliably in 8-10 weeks.
I'm looking at getting a Mercedes or a M4. But I'll wait till I go to the dealer in 2 weeks to work on a trade if they don't have any news then I'll really consider canceling my order and going with a Benz or a BMW M4.

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
10 more cars showed up in the 50 mile area of my dealer, mine still not in there... now it feels like it'll be lucky if I get the car in January.

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
10 more cars showed up in the 50 mile area of my dealer, mine still not in there... now it feels like it'll be lucky if I get the car in January.
Mines not showing up either. The Ford Customer Service rep is asking for a VIN on twitter. I don't have a VIN! :(

fury88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GT Premium Convertible - Legend Lime
I just talked to my dealer rep again. They aren't giving them anything. Those who have VIN numbers they are telling me because you guys ordered Stock not Retail. He told me they are planning to use my car as a "show piece" before I get it. I don't know whether that's good or bad. Gotta be honest that makes me a little nervous. My dealership is a rather large one that I think is in the Southeast.

fury88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GT Premium Convertible - Legend Lime
What are you guys searching to find locations like that? My Dealer won't/can't give me an order number. That's bizarre. I went in there 2 months ago and gave them the order specs.

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I just talked to my dealer rep again. They aren't giving them anything. Those who have VIN numbers they are telling me because you guys ordered Stock not Retail. He told me they are planning to use my car as a "show piece" before I get it. I don't know whether that's good or bad. Gotta be honest that makes me a little nervous. My dealership is a rather large one that I think is in the Southeast.
I wouldn't be happy about that. Hands all over my new car. The rep on twitter can't help me unless I have a VIN. Back to square -one (even though I never left)

Sponsored

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
well, if the government hold till 10/30 is real, we retail orders should be seeing something in the next two weeks.

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
well, if the government hold till 10/30 is real, we retail orders should be seeing something in the next two weeks.
I messaged the dealer on Facebook. Let's see if they give me an update on my order.And other retail orders have been scheduled..

why not

never fast enough
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2018 gt fastback (ordered 7/28/17)
Mines not showing up either. The Ford Customer Service rep is asking for a VIN on twitter. I don't have a VIN! :(
This is the chin music I am getting:

"At this point your car is still awaiting a scheduled build date. Once it is assigned a build date it will be assigned a VIN.

You are totally correct that dealer stock units have been in production since Sept 25th but not any customer retail orders. Retail orders were accepted for production scheduling earlier this month after Ford’s initial inspections of the built units which all passed with flying colors. The system updates at midnight, Dearborn time, every Wednesday so Thursday am will be the next chance for us to see whether your car has been scheduled."

:censored:

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This is the chin music I am getting:

"At this point your car is still awaiting a scheduled build date. Once it is assigned a build date it will be assigned a VIN.

You are totally correct that dealer stock units have been in production since Sept 25th but not any customer retail orders. Retail orders were accepted for production scheduling earlier this month after Ford’s initial inspections of the built units which all passed with flying colors. The system updates at midnight, Dearborn time, every Wednesday so Thursday am will be the next chance for us to see whether your car has been scheduled."

:censored:
This sucks. Why do the people who put their orders in first get the worst? I'm beginning to think putting my order in so fast was a bad thing. Or maybe it's because my dealership is so small that the bigger ones are moving ahead of it.

I chatted with the person on their website she was unable to see anything in their system. So she'll give me a call when she talks to her advisor. Hopefully, that's a good thing?

My salesman called me and said it will be scheduled very soon and he'll call me back on Friday. :/
Sponsored

Last edited: