Sponsored

Steeda Billet Shock Mounts installed

Jmart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Premium, Lightning Blue
[MENTION=19599]Bluemustang[/MENTION] - great review. Would you mind giving us a complete rundown of your current setup?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
[MENTION=19599]Bluemustang[/MENTION] - great review. Would you mind giving us a complete rundown of your current setup?
Thanks man. I am running the following modifications:

Ford Racing Track springs & shocks
Ford Racing Strut Tower Brace
Ford Racing toe knuckle bearing
BMR sway bars on stock endlinks - full soft
BMR vertical links, delrin/spherical
BMR cradle lockout kit
BMR adjustable toe rods
Steeda Bumpsteer kit
Steeda RLCA bearing
Steeda black urethane diff inserts
Steeda billet rear shock mounts
Maximum Motorsports CC plates
Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 tires 235/50 18 square

I think I will be much happier with my setup now. Getting rid of those crap shock mounts, my crap tires (that didn't even last 20K mi), and dialing in my alignment some has given me a much better ride. Very impressed with the tires and will be doing a separate review on them.

These mounts are not a "Magic" piece but... they do a great job at it's intended purpose. It reduces bind and allows the shocks to move more freely. The claimed "positive damper control" feels accurate to me. It just give a solid improvement. IMO should be on the car to begin with. And now I have the confidence to push my car on the track or put some power down. I'm going to head down to Summit Point to see what this car can really do.

Last edited:

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for your support & reviews - Bluemustang ... your feedback & insight has been helpful to the community.

Have a great Funday Sunday!

TJ

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Thank you for your support & reviews - Bluemustang ... your feedback & insight has been helpful to the community.

Have a great Funday Sunday!

TJ
Thanks TJ. And thanks to [MENTION=25806]SteedaTech[/MENTION] aka Mike D. for your help. Thanks to Steeda for making my Mustang better than ever.

TNcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Just drove mine for the first time with the new shock mounts and holy crap. Single best mod Ive done for far. I had a pop that occured with the stock mounts and now it's gone. The stock mounts definitely do not allow the shock to travel in the correct motion. You should notice this when you put the Steeda mounts on with the spherical bearing and the bearing self aligns with the shock shaft. Great piece [MENTION=7748]tj@steeda[/MENTION].

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Just drove mine for the first time with the new shock mounts and holy crap. Single best mod Ive done for far. I had a pop that occured with the stock mounts and now it's gone. The stock mounts definitely do not allow the shock to travel in the correct motion. You should notice this when you put the Steeda mounts on with the spherical bearing and the bearing self aligns with the shock shaft. Great piece [MENTION=7748]tj@steeda[/MENTION].
It is that significant. This would've been one of the things I had done a long, long time ago had I known.

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I think these stock mounts are the reason why so many people have been having problems with their aftermarket suspensions. Now I think it has very little to do with the springs or shocks themselves. When you feel the difference, it's hard to imagine how they made the stock suspension work with this rear shock mount. Without the Steeda mount, the feeling of the car was beyond terrible. Just awful. Shame on you Ford for a terrible design. It actually makes me mad. I wish I had installed this Steeda mounts right off. It would've saved me a lot of headache.

TNcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I'll admit I was skeptical about the shiny billet piece making that big of a difference but wow its very different. The stockers are a flaming POS compared to these. The only reason I bought them is I picked them up used but new never bolted on. Wish I had bought them when I bought shocks three months ago.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I'll admit I was skeptical about the shiny billet piece making that big of a difference but wow its very different. The stockers are a flaming POS compared to these. The only reason I bought them is I picked them up used but new never bolted on. Wish I had bought them when I bought shocks three months ago.
Yup. This and CB005 are what I tell people to get right away to make the car feel better. THEN springs, dampers, bars, etc.

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
hey guys lowered on bmr 080s with cradle lockout kit and really trying to justify spending the money on these mounts. im still on stock pp shocks. ive read all the threads about these but not a lot of guys seem to be running them on stock shocks even when lowered. im wondering if anyone believes these would make a big enough difference for the money. they seem great i just dont know if they would be justified on my application. any thoughts are appreciated

for the record i dont really race just spirited daily driving

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
hey guys lowered on bmr 080s with cradle lockout kit and really trying to justify spending the money on these mounts. im still on stock pp shocks. ive read all the threads about these but not a lot of guys seem to be running them on stock shocks even when lowered. im wondering if anyone believes these would make a big enough difference for the money. they seem great i just dont know if they would be justified on my application. any thoughts are appreciated

If you don't notice anything wrong with your car or the ride, then you probably don't need them. You may and probably will get a benefit from them but it will be smaller than someone who has serious IRS mods.

I'm running basically an overhauled suspension including the removal of some bushings in the rear and I needed them because the stock shock mount just wasn't designed for these modifications. It really identified it as a weakness at that point.

With that being said it's a good thing to have because it makes the rear shocks work better at damping. But your car basically stock besides the CB005. The BMR springs are very similar to the PP in rates also. Unless you perceive an issue I'd say there's no need. If you want to, go ahead and you might get a small benefit and you'll have a stronger mount.

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
Do I need to cut my bump stops if I have the steeda sport linears. Think these shock mounts are my next mod.

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Do I need to cut my bump stops if I have the steeda sport linears. Think these shock mounts are my next mod.
I'd suggest giving Mike D. at Steeda a call to discuss your setup. I'm running springs with a 1" drop and Mike suggested I cut mine down to 1.5" in total length. That combined with the shock mounts gave me a lot more compliance in the rear.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

I would say yes. The stock PP has a lot of strange, uncontrolled behavior, a decent portion from the stock mounts, some of which the lockout (and other IRS stiffening mods) unfortunately amplifies. The net benefits of the lockout are still way worth it though.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Yup. This and CB005 are what I tell people to get right away to make the car feel better. THEN springs, dampers, bars, etc.
I would agree!

These two parts seem to offer the biggest benefit to the ride quality and reduction of the horrid float and improve handling.

It is also good the cost of these two parts does not break the bank either. They should be a must on anyones list for improving suspension as they also work great with after market shocks and springs too. :)
Sponsored