S550 Lap Times (Road Course)

viva_brasil

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nik
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT
Great time! It's nice to see how well the Mustang can perform at that track. I was there the day before with a 2:10 time running RideTech II coilovers on stock tires. First time doing an official HPDE as well.

How did you like running with OnGrid? They seem to have good reviews.
I know the guys that run it - I like their days a lot. They split up their run groups a bit more during the morning (2 advanced groups and 2 intermediate groups) and then consolidate down in the afternoon to 3 groups. You still get 5 sessions (other groups you may get 6), but I think it helps people figure out where they slot in.

Intermediate - like any organization - can be a bit of wild west with really slow cars with fairly competent drivers (know how to use their mirrors, give point bys, etc.) and really fast cars with completely incompetent drivers.

For advanced groups it's one of my favorite organization. Not a lot of frills and great group of drivers.

We should coordinate the next BW dates - OnGrid is back there in May but not sure I can make that date.
Sponsored

c_reber

REB3R
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
`16 Mustang GT (PP), `15 X5 50i
2016 Ford Mustang GT base w/ PP
Buttonwillow 13cw
2:00.252
Brake Pads/rotors: stock (amsoil dot 4 fluid)
Tires (Size & Model): Pirelli P Zero 285/40/19 on XXR 19x9.75 wheels (yes they were rubbing! :doh:)
Suspension: AFe Coilovers, MM camber plates, BMR vertical links, BMR toe links, Whiteline swaybars
Other Mods: Amsoil trans/gear oil, MGW shifter, MBRP catback

Video:
(after watching the video, this is the only lap out of 4 that lined up with my time. Lots of room for improvement!)

143jkmw.jpg

Last edited:

viva_brasil

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nik
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT
Buttonwillow 13cw
Tires (Size & Model): Pirelli P Zero 285/40/19 on XXR 19x9.75 wheels (yes they were rubbing! :doh:)
Suspension: AFe Coilovers, MM camber plates, BMR vertical links, BMR toe links, Whiteline swaybars
Awesome time! Any vids?

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Make/Model/engine/trans/packages: 2015 GT/PP
Track/Course: PBIR, BFE FL. 04/18/17
Best Lap Time: 1:33.85 (with traffic)
Brake Pads: Carbotech XP12/XP10 + Full Tilt Boogie cooling kit
Tires (Size & Model): Nitto NT01 275/40/18 square
Suspension: Ford Racing Track Struts and Steeda Ultralight Linear Springs / Vorshlag camber plates
Primary Mods: Catless LT's, GT350 intake manifold, e85, Lund Tune

First time on the track and never figured out best braking point on the back straight. Easily a sub 1:30 track with more seat time and less traffic. [MENTION=22413]Optimum Performance[/MENTION]'s ass in the beginning of the video. I don't know what happened to him after that. lol

* Stock resonator was split by the end of the night. :(

Lap 6, starting around 8:15. Point by from the BOSS 302, held up by the Focus and early braking on the back due to the Dinan M3.
[ame]

NvrFinished

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
I know the guys that run it - I like their days a lot. They split up their run groups a bit more during the morning (2 advanced groups and 2 intermediate groups) and then consolidate down in the afternoon to 3 groups. You still get 5 sessions (other groups you may get 6), but I think it helps people figure out where they slot in.

Intermediate - like any organization - can be a bit of wild west with really slow cars with fairly competent drivers (know how to use their mirrors, give point bys, etc.) and really fast cars with completely incompetent drivers.

For advanced groups it's one of my favorite organization. Not a lot of frills and great group of drivers.

We should coordinate the next BW dates - OnGrid is back there in May but not sure I can make that date.
Thanks for the input! I'm happy to hear that since they are one of the groups I really want to try out.

I ran with Speed District the day before since I couldn't do Easter Sunday. Like OnGrid they had good reviews, but tend to be more expensive since they provide transponders for lap times and limit their events to 70 cars total. I had 8 sessions with them, but they do limit the sessions to 15 minutes. The last session was 30 minutes and open field.

Coordinating for BW sounds like fun!

Sponsored

BlkGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 GT86 Autox, 16 GT350 TP, 06 Civic Si TTD car
Stoli

Looks like traffic sucked. Wasn't much better in the advanced group. The big sweeper after the back straight you are doing what 95% of the drivers are doing. You need to hold your turn until the end of the inside curbing, if you do that it is no problem keeping your foot planted through the left hander onto the front straight. Turn 3 is easily flat out it sounded like you were partial throttle when you had a clean track. Finally the right hander after the back straight into the S's you need to turn in a little earlier and straighten out the S's, I still have a hard time getting that one right.

PS ditch the helmet cam. ;)

Peter

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Stoli

Looks like traffic sucked. Wasn't much better in the advanced group. The big sweeper after the back straight you are doing what 95% of the drivers are doing. You need to hold your turn until the end of the inside curbing, if you do that it is no problem keeping your foot planted through the left hander onto the front straight. Turn 3 is easily flat out it sounded like you were partial throttle when you had a clean track. Finally the right hander after the back straight into the S's you need to turn in a little earlier and straighten out the S's, I still have a hard time getting that one right.

PS ditch the helmet cam. ;)

Peter
First and last time with the helmet cam. Figured I'd give it a try to see that perspective and it isn't nearly as representative as I thought it would be.

Thanks for the pointers. I knew I had the last turn wrong in several ways but just need more laps to feel it out from a braking / speed perspective. That was the only turn I got loose on a couple of times from playing around with different approaches. I don't know that I'll be back any time soon, but if I do I know there's time to be made up. ;)

ddozier

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackcarbuilds.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
* Stock resonator was split by the end of the night. :(
Well I can tell you the Option 1 - Magnaflow is not a good option for a replacement, this one lasted a season and a day, so about a total of 20 tack days.

Working on Option 2 now but have no data to help.

Dave
IMG_4375.jpg

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
Quick video of breaking in the freshly paved HPT and then of an unseasonably cold (frigid) Hallet. I will say throttle management has been the name of the game the past few weeks, lol.

HPT

[ame]

Hallett

[ame]

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Well I can tell you the Option 1 - Magnaflow is not a good option for a replacement, this one lasted a season and a day, so about a total of 20 tack days.

Dave
I've only used the stock exhaust for 3 track days and it's kaput. I had put it on to get past noise ordinances at AMP and Roebling and now I'm scrambling to get another one before this weekend. After Roebling I'll probably just put in an x-pipe and call it a day.

Sponsored

Teezlr

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.JakeTiesler.com
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP - 2000 Land Cruiser - 2001 Sequoia
Buttonwillow 13cw
Fast times!

What model XXR fits over the PP brakes? Size and offset, just curious! Thank You

BlkGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 GT86 Autox, 16 GT350 TP, 06 Civic Si TTD car
First and last time with the helmet cam. Figured I'd give it a try to see that perspective and it isn't nearly as representative as I thought it would be.

Thanks for the pointers. I knew I had the last turn wrong in several ways but just need more laps to feel it out from a braking / speed perspective. That was the only turn I got loose on a couple of times from playing around with different approaches. I don't know that I'll be back any time soon, but if I do I know there's time to be made up. ;)
Seen more incidents at that turn for sure and almost every one was caused by getting on the throttle to soon, pushing wide, lifting and spinning. If a stock GT350 on PSS can go full throttle then your NT01's are golden. Overall you had good laps. With traffic it's tough to work on things like braking when slow cars are braking at the 5 marker on the back straight and I brake at the 2.5 marker at 140+

Looking forward to seeing you at the track sometime.

Peter

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Helmet cam mounting works a lot better when you're sitting lower and further back from the mirror and/or the mirror is located higher up.

Norm

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD

Dave
Solo Performance uses a mid-x pipe resonator. They may sell you theirs. Mine hasn't flinched. Not that I am on the level of most of ya'll but... an option.