Water Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Conv. Perf. Pkg Deep Impact Blue
Hello everyone,
I am new to the forums and I wanted to introduce myself and ask a question.
I installed the mishimoto axle back this weekend and I don't like how it is not really centered in the cutouts. Anyone else have this issue and if so, what were you able to do to correct it?

Thank you in advance.

Water Guy
Sponsored

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
loosen the clamps and readjust the axle back portion, you could also try adjusting just the tips if they move at all or try bending the hangers a little bit to have them sit better.

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost, 2016 GT
Hello everyone,
I am new to the forums and I wanted to introduce myself and ask a question.
I installed the mishimoto axle back this weekend and I don't like how it is not really centered in the cutouts. Anyone else have this issue and if so, what were you able to do to correct it?

Thank you in advance.

Water Guy
Welcome! Thanks for purchasing our Axel Back exhaust. Altering how the tips sit in your cutouts will require some movement and readjustments of the clamps as [MENTION=25973]kluke15[/MENTION] mentioned.

Did you get the Pro, Street or Race version of the exhaust?

-Diamaan

OP
OP
Water Guy

Water Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Thank you
I took it to a muffler shop and they made some adjustments to the hangers.

OP
OP
Water Guy

Water Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
I had a muffler shop adjust the hangers.
I purchased the Race Version with the dark tips. Looks incredible and sounds even better. I really like that the tips are 4.5" instead of the 4" that everyone else produces.

Sponsored

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost, 2016 GT
I had a muffler shop adjust the hangers.
I purchased the Race Version with the dark tips. Looks incredible and sounds even better. I really like that the tips are 4.5" instead of the 4" that everyone else produces.
Awesome. Glad you were able to get it worked out!

-Diamaan

JJJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I just ordered the Race axle back, black tips. Looking forward to the install. Insight on durability of the back tips being high temp paint vs powder coat?

OP
OP
Water Guy

Water Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
I think they use powder coat. Mishimoto could answer that better than I.
In regards to durability, I don't drive it everyday and it sits in my garage under cover until I get a nice sunny day. Maybe 100 miles on it since the install. (Live in Michigan) But I can tell you that you will not be disappointed. I still have the resonators and it sounds incredible.

JJJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Good to hear! Thanks.

OP
OP
Water Guy

Water Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
You may need to adjust the hangers to get the tips centered.

Sponsored

Mike's Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 401A
I just ordered the Race axle back, black tips. Looking forward to the install. Insight on durability of the back tips being high temp paint vs powder coat?
I bought their pro axle back. When it arrived it was obvious that someone else had previously installed it because paint was missing on the tips where the clamps were. The paint was stuck to the inside of the clamps. There were also some paint chips on other areas of the tips. Needless to say I wasn't very happy about that. So I returned it to American Muscle.

I was on the fence between that set and Borla S-Types. Since Borla's black tips are black chrome, I switched.

Just a warning to handle the tips with extreme care.

Last edited:

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost, 2016 GT
I think they use powder coat. Mishimoto could answer that better than I.
In regards to durability, I don't drive it everyday and it sits in my garage under cover until I get a nice sunny day. Maybe 100 miles on it since the install. (Live in Michigan) But I can tell you that you will not be disappointed. I still have the resonators and it sounds incredible.
Yes our tips are powdercoated!

I bought their sport axle back. When it arrived it was obvious that someone else had previously installed it because paint was missing on the tips where the clamps were. The paint was stuck to the inside of the clamps. There were also some paint chips on other areas of the tips. Needless to say I wasn't very happy about that. So I returned it to American Muscle.

I was on the fence between that set and Borla S-Types. Since Borla's black tips are black chrome, I switched.

Just a warning to handle the tips with extreme care.
Sorry to hear your exhaust tips came with damaged paint, that shouldn't happen. This exhaust you ordered was brand new, correct?

-Diamaan

Mike's Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 401A

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost, 2016 GT

JJJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Ordered from AM the Race Axle back. Nothing is more exciting than seeing the big brown truck drive up to your house. Appointment is already made with the shop for the install tomorrow because you're monitoring your tracking number and you just can't wait (yes it's what car guys do). Cutting open the box just like it's Christmas morning, and a grown man has suddenly become childlike. Wait.....are you kidding me.....this can't be, throwing bubble wrap everywhere as the manchild begins to shake uncontrollably. One, not two, hugeeeee black exhaust tip. How is it possible to forget a 2nd tip! Two pipes, 4 clamps, and "one tip." Helloooooooo quality control. :doh:

So I wait patiently for the part to be sent out .......AM apologized, and now hoping for expedited shipping.
Sponsored