THE_AHJ

AuthorityHvngJurisdiction
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
Metrolink
Yes, I'm sure it would be fine. I'm asking what spring rate is recommended.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly this is a pretty stiff setup for someone that doesn't track the car. I'd recommend a lot of other spring options with adjustable pro action shocks and struts instead.

THE_AHJ

AuthorityHvngJurisdiction
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
Metrolink
Right on, thanks!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
My recommendation based on a daily with no intent to track with some adjustability for road conditions would be to pair a progressive spring w/ adjustable/non-adjustable shocks/struts vs getting this setup currently (my recommendation may change if Steeda chooses to release different spring rates for the rear though). But you asked for a spring rate and I would stay between 200-250. That would give you three choices to compliment the rear. In the end though it boils down to what you want and what you want to do with your car.

I originally wanted exactly what you stated with a 1 in drop all around. I quite liked that setup with just the FP Street Handling Springs w/PP suspension. I believed this was the most economical choice for me at the time. The only other thing that I did was add the toe link bushings at the rear knuckles. The ride quality for daily purposes was really good but shortly after install I felt like I didn't know what was going on with my car and was not confident in it's ability to handle my power levels and future needs. I was supercharged at 3 miles on the odometer and I had those springs installed with only about 300 miles under my belt.

My brain tells me that the second we significantly add additional power to the car, we may just be skirting the car's designed characteristics or outside of what the car was originally set up for. That's just me though. My opinion is for the majority will never track their cars. I want to track my car though and was willing to sacrifice some ride comforts. I went with this setup because it has the most adjustability for my needs, which are limited daily driving and some track events right now.

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
200lbs/in to 225lbs/in front. pm your contact info and we discuss further.

Thanks,

Steeda Tech

Sponsored

Ryan P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jap Crap
Just placed an order for these along with the IRS subframe alignment and bushing kit. This is just the start of my plans, but I want to do things in stages so that I can recognize the benefits of each mod, and also diagnose problems I might have introduced (knock, creaks, etc). Looking forward to seeing the results!

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for your support - Ryan.

If you need any assistance before, during or after the install ... don't hesitate to let us know!

TJ

AJ ROJO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Almost ready to go on the car

Just thought I would post some pics. Hopefully I got these put together right lol. Instructions are pretty good but they don't tell you or have good pics of which way the springs, bumpstops and the plastic white things go on. They also dont give you any idea of how to initially set preload for a general setting of the ridehight. Steedatech hooked me up though, so customer service is spot on.Other than that the assembly instructions of the upper mount and camberplates is pretty good. I've got every known IRS part and sways to install so i just need a long weekend to get this done....I'll update once I get them on.
20170505_134209.jpg
20170413_155018.jpg
20170413_155232.jpg

Last edited:

Ryan P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jap Crap
^Please share what Steeda said about the concerns you had (nylon split washers, bump stops, setting ride height, etc) . I recently assembled mine and had the exact same ones.

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Just thought I would post some pics. Hopefully I got these put together right lol. Instructions are pretty good but they don't tell you or have good pics of which way the springs, bumpstops and the plastic white things go on. They also dont give you any idea of how to initially set preload for a general setting of the ridehight. Steedatech hooked me up though, so customer service is spot on.Other than that the assembly instructions of the upper mount and camberplates is pretty good. I've got every known IRS part and sways to install so i just need a long weekend to get this done....I'll update once I get them on.
Front struts look good, they are assembled properly.

Thank you for sharing!

Mike D

Sponsored

AJ ROJO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
^Please share what Steeda said about the concerns you had (nylon split washers, bump stops, setting ride height, etc) . I recently assembled mine and had the exact same ones.
Soo the kit comes with the correct amount of bumpstops so just put both on each assembly. There is a bigger and a small side of the stack. The bigger fits perfectly inside the upper mount so that's not as difficult to figure out. Then white split washer.

Setting ride height is still a bit of a guess so I marked the adjustment range with a permanent marker then did some fuzzy math and guess work while looking at pictures of the yellow Steeda car I think sits 7/8 lower. Anyway I am sure the front spring weight and if you are supercharged will make a difference so it's all a bit of guesswork. I set them right in the middle of my top/bottom marks. I figure that will be a great starting point to figure out where I'm at and adjust from. They are supposed to be adjustable from stock to 2" drop so half way i figure would be close to 1"+or minus a bit. I'll be sure to post my findings once I've got them on.

I should also add my front rate is 300 and I'm pretty sure most people will be running 250 or 275 as that is what it seems Steeda recommends for double duty cars.

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I agree that learning to set ride height will just be trial and error. I believe instead of figuring out spring drops I will just focus on actual ride height measurements from center of wheel to fender to help me gauge. Here is what I have come up with so far with the help of Steeda and others on this forum.

To adjust the front suspension, turn the spring perch counter clockwise to raise the vehicle. For the rear suspension, turn the spring perch clockwise to raise the vehicle.

Front is 1/1 measurement for the most part. The rear is dynamic. Known range for the rear is 3/4 which is from the adjuster itself and if you want to get to a an inch drop would be an additional 1/4. Based on what a Steeda tech told me is that you want to half the measurement you are going for. So, .25/2 = .125 and on a ruler you are looking at 1/8 in measurement or distance to turn the adjuster for a total 1 in drop. My brain says 1/4 in measurement will get you close to 1.25 and 3/8 will get you in the ballpark or maximum drop of 1.5 in drop in the rear. Another good recommendation would be to accommodate for a driver and look at adding an additional 1/16 in above passenger settings.

Overall, I was looking for a 1 inch drop all around which is what I had before. I'm really frustrated that I did not measure stock ride height before I installed Ford Performance Street springs or after install to compare to Ford's claim of 1 inch.

Stock ride height for Performance Pack GT with 36 PSI in all four tires on level surface:
15 1/8 front (15.125)
15 1/2 rear (15.5)

After install, from ground to fender I was 27.5 inches at all four corners. I just think my rear is a little to low in the picture from page 2 of this thread. In the next month or so I plan to adjust all four corners again and I think the following measurements will get me close to a 1.125 and .750 drop.

Ride height objective
14 1/8 FR
14 3/16 FL
14 11/16 RR
14 3/4 RL

Ryan P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jap Crap
Soo the kit comes with the correct amount of bumpstops so just put both on each assembly. There is a bigger and a small side of the stack. The bigger fits perfectly inside the upper mount so that's not as difficult to figure out. Then white split washer.

Setting ride height is still a bit of a guess so I marked the adjustment range with a permanent marker then did some fuzzy math and guess work while looking at pictures of the yellow Steeda car I think sits 7/8 lower. Anyway I am sure the front spring weight and if you are supercharged will make a difference so it's all a bit of guesswork. I set them right in the middle of my top/bottom marks. I figure that will be a great starting point to figure out where I'm at and adjust from. They are supposed to be adjustable from stock to 2" drop so half way i figure would be close to 1"+or minus a bit. I'll be sure to post my findings once I've got them on.

I should also add my front rate is 300 and I'm pretty sure most people will be running 250 or 275 as that is what it seems Steeda recommends for double duty cars.

Thanks for the clarification. So the split nylon washer goes on the top side of the bump stop?

AJ ROJO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Thanks for the clarification. So the split nylon washer goes on the top side of the bump stop?
It goes the furthest away from the camber plates. So if the camber plate is the top then the split nylon washer would be on the bottom of the bumpstop. You can see what I'm talking about in this pic from steeda's site.
thumbnail.jpg

Memphis-EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Impact Blue Ecoboost
So Friday, I got mine put in, I did the backs had a shop do the front, after breaking a hand a few years back when a spring compressor broke I didn't want to deal with another one- Anyways- Night and day difference, I will post pics in my build as soon as I have time-

Impressions though, THANK YOU STEEDA- Car feels like an M3 in tightness and responsiveness now, not overly rough, just stiff enough to inspire confidence, but not enough to create the deathglare from the wife. Currently only 3/4 inch lower, 350# springs in the front, shocks 1 turn from soft.

Scheduling a alignment this week.

I will say for people ordering these, order the Strut nut socket (21mm) Makes tightening the nut at the top of the rear shocks so much easier.
Sponsored