Sponsored

How to disable the Active Noise Control

BoosTang23T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
good vid simple and to the point...

side note did anybody get suggested a video after boostangs of a guy putting e85 in his EB but failed to say if he even had an aux kit or was even tuned at all lol :shrug:
I didn't see that! Thanks for the feedback on the video. Please share and subscribe if you'd like :).
Sponsored

OP
OP
MakStang

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
I disabled mine via Forscan(software based instead of hardware based). I think my MBRP exhaust sounds better now! Less drone. Regarding the music sounding better, it sounds the exact same. No difference at all.

[MENTION=27452]Ebm[/MENTION] Regarding Forscan, you mentioned it so many times, so I would like to give it a try! On forscan.org they say that all ELM327 adapters are supported. Do you know if either a Bluetooth or a USB adapter can be used? These adapters don't seem that expensive (I found quite a few in the range of $15-20). Is it OK to use any of those?

Also do you have by any chance the link for the thread dedicated to Forscan? I guess there is somewhere a table with all module adjustments. Or if you have it you can send it to me. Thanks

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
[MENTION=27452]Ebm[/MENTION] Regarding Forscan, you mentioned it so many times, so I would like to give it a try! On forscan.org they say that all ELM327 adapters are supported. Do you know if either a Bluetooth or a USB adapter can be used? These adapters don't seem that expensive (I found quite a few in the range of $15-20). Is it OK to use any of those?

Also do you have by any chance the link for the thread dedicated to Forscan? I guess there is somewhere a table with all module adjustments. Or if you have it you can send it to me. Thanks
There is a thread here: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61773

BoosTang23T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

@MakStang
Why not just try the easy method of disconnecting the ANC cable I have on the video?

[ame]

OP
OP
MakStang

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
I 've done this already! I initiated this thread, remember? :lol:

I need Forscan for other reasons.

Sponsored

BoosTang23T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=27749]MakStang[/MENTION],

Wooops!!!! I didn't realize it until now. My bad...

OP
OP
MakStang

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
No problem. Thanks anyway!

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
Okay, just located the two rear mics on convertibles. The caps that cover the speaker enclosure have them mounted to the back end where the rear seat belts come through. I watched the CJ Pony Parts video on how to install a lightbar and did not see these there. It must not have been an ecoboost vert. Anyway disconneted both and will review the results tomorrow on my drive to work. Thanks Mak and company for this thread. May still do the Forscan route too but, one step at a time.

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
Well definitely a lot better sounding with the mics disconnected. The front mic does not seem to add much sound and works fine for voice commands. It could be my imagination but the stereo sounds cleaner as well. Easy enough to disconnect the mics so if I ever change my mind (not likely), I can always go back.

Drag Limited

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Can't you just pull the fuse for the "amplifier" I think ford calls it to do the same thing without getting into your headliner?

Sorry if already posted.

Sponsored

Drag Limited

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
LOL! If you pull Fuse 27 you have no music. Not a good option in my opinion.
Ahh, I didn't realize this would kill all of the speakers.

subaruwrxfan vid for reference...

[ame]

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GTpp 50th AP ---- 1989 Mustang GT 25th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
Is this just an EB thing? I dont have my Jpipe on yet, but any little bit of drone that I can get ride of would be wonderful.

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
Yup. GTs have a sound tube running from the intake to the firewall. That can be removed and capped off. Don't you GT guys sound good enough already LOL!

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GTpp 50th AP ---- 1989 Mustang GT 25th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
Yup. GTs have a sound tube running from the intake to the firewall. That can be removed and capped off. Don't you GT guys sound good enough already LOL!
I was interested in it for the possibility of getting rid of some drone. As for the sound tube, that gets ripped out of most peoples GTs as one of their first mods. It just looks like crap in the engine bay.
Sponsored